Jack Monroe #404 Stick to washing spaghetti love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack's email/DM inbox: 'can we help with your Patreon? do you need any help with your website? Hi, we'd love to offer you the chance to interview for this job'

Jack:

Jack receiving a marketing email from Selfridge's that mentions booze:

• Haha
Reactions: 89
I'm not getting my hopes up about the patreon stuff being sent to journalists. Squig says it will be sent but whether anyone actually picks it up will be a different matter. 😕

It's still exciting but I don't want to count my chickens and all that.

It's good they're organising and working together. I'm afraid it's the only way they'll get anywhere.

Reactions: 48
I'm not getting my hopes up about the patreon stuff being sent to journalists. Squig says it will be sent but whether anyone actually picks it up will be a different matter. 😕

It's still exciting but I don't want to count my chickens and all that.

It's good they're organising and working together. I'm afraid it's the only way they'll get anywhere.
I suspect that's why they're tweeting about it because a) there's the tiniest chance Jack will react but b) they'll know someone on Tattle will screenshot it and it'll get far more reach to all the journalists who definitely do read this thread. Oh and Jack will see it here too.

Reactions: 35
Fraus, I have a hard time posting here because I'm always behind. I gave her money through PayPal which I will never see again. I'm a soft person who believes in others hardships online, until this. I feel utterly conned and listening to JM's testimonials only cements that. I want my money back which never happened, let's face it.
I reckon from your name that we’re from the same area, and we always get a bad rep for being tight-fisted in our neck of the woods! Please don’t beat yourself up, we live and learn. And as I said to Moxie yesterday, this is Jack’s niche, this is her thing and she’s pretty good at being a grifting sheister.

Don’t beat yourself up. What goes around comes around and I think the house of cards is getting closer and closer to collapse ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I often wonder how she's made it through a decade of being marketed as a celebrity chef without actually being able to cook. That is a requirement of the job, yes, even if you're a budget chef. And ideally to be able to make something more appetising than horse jizz lasagne or "Sticky Poo" pudding
This is the part that confuses me. She calls herself “bootstrap chef”, but I haven’t seen any indication that she ever trained or worked as a chef?

Have I missed something out of her biography or did she just decide that was a neat thing to call herself?

Reactions: 23
This is the part that confuses me. She calls herself “bootstrap chef”, but I haven’t seen any indication that she ever trained or worked as a chef?

Have I missed something out of her biography or did she just decide that was a neat thing to call herself?

I think the name she has chosen will haunt her for a long time. Pull yourself up your bootstrap and cook that household deficit away, by rinsing your spaghetti hoops....she is one day going to wish she hadnt picked a name to sum up what she represented quite so well I think.

Reactions: 28
Jack "I'm fair game for criticism" "LEAVE ME ALONE" Monroe

firefox_Ix8lqhe5mt.png

firefox_KrkQ2zOnwy.png

The lack of self-awareness is physically painful

firefox_0Dmpor9rxs.png

firefox_LghG00baCv.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 85
I just don't get how she can sit tweeting about cold roasties when her Patreon subscribers are right there wondering wtf is going on..? Where is the embarrassment, the self awareness? How does she have the cheek to post but not about Patreon? It's the Kickstarter all over again and any wonder people then got so angry

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Ooooooooof. She didn’t mention her Mum was ‘disabled’ in the original tweet with the pic (why should there be any mention!), but so appallingly, cynically ready to use it in response to this squig. Who wasn’t wrong.

You manipulative twit.

F749A7F8-B907-4F57-8D31-BED709F874FF.jpeg

45B8537F-267A-405A-B6BF-D3C1BF82D87D.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 89
Frauen

I’ve found something that makes Jack look like a half decent cook

really
34443D6D-B70D-4B5E-AD28-7BAA0FF0A08F.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
Jack "I'm fair game for criticism" "LEAVE ME ALONE" Monroe

View attachment 1605153
View attachment 1605154
Ah yes, the same mum that you built a career upon telling people didn't notice you and your baby son were starving? I can readily believe the poor woman is a sweet, saintly, brilliant, beautiful warrior mum because it's about the only explanation for her not kicking your lying arse the length and breath of Southend twice, you halfwitted slopgibbon.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 117
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.