Jack Monroe #403 It’s hard to believe anything Jack Monroe says anymore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well done to @People-huv-tae-know for the thread title! Words from a blue tick on Twitter.

In the last thread, Jack’s recent claims of attempted ‘identity theft’ were further discussed.

Hold my tumble drier fluff and light a tin can candle - there’s only a bladdy publishing date for Thrifty Kitchen!

With a release date of January, it gives you plenty of time to fill those Christmas 2023 stockings for all your friends and rellies who you secretly loathe. Shame it will cost the price of a week’s shop but at least they didn’t push the boat out for the cover photo, making sure to purchase Jack’s stunt wig from Claire’s Accessories.

(Please can we stop adding to the ‘Off Topic - Good or Bad’ discussion? A little is fine, too much needs to jog on to food and drink. Warned!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 109
Re the Nigella, Jay Rayner and Nigel Slater quotes, it’s safe to say that not everyone is thrilled about finding themselves on the cover of the new book
4339D6A1-9DF5-45A9-841D-8FA4957C709F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Looking at the cover of Grifty Kitchen again, and I find myself impressed that she found a worse wig than the cultist stepford wife monstrosity she teased the canal with.

• Haha
Reactions: 74
For a previous post about the ‘don’t owe you tit pal’ tweet, it’s still there:

47B72A42-2FC9-4E8A-B1ED-E344E0FD63D7.jpeg

Interesting to note that if you’re for her or against her, she can call you pal:

A32936CA-B6BC-4CD6-B727-E4C633242C83.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
With the exciting news that Grifty Kitchen has a release date, a few Fraus in the previous thread suggested they might buy it for the entertainment value. Please, I urge you all, DO NOT GIVE THIS LYING GRIFTER ANY OF YOUR MONEY!! There will be plenty of opportunities to take the piss when copies inevitably turn up in charity shops and libraries.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 94
With the exciting news that Grifty Kitchen has a release date, a few Fraus in the previous thread suggested they might buy it for the entertainment value. Please, I urge you all, DO NOT GIVE THIS LYING GRIFTER ANY OF YOUR MONEY!! There will be plenty of opportunities to take the piss when copies inevitably turn up in charity shops and libraries.
Or shoplift it. Jack herself has said this is OK.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 143
A thought:
Hunger Hurts 2 blog.. 'Tldr: I'm poor still'
But..
A new book coming out...

Did she not get an advance for the book? Most writers do I believe, especially if contracted to write a book and given a deadline for it.. 🤔

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Jay Rayner's quote 'A brilliant collection of enticing budget recipes' is clever because on first glance you assume he's at least tried some of the food. He could have said 'delicious' or 'tasty' but 'enticing' simply means they look interesting.

Well played, Jay. Well played.

• Haha
Reactions: 97
Or shoplift it. Jack herself has said this is OK.
That's for people who can't afford a £7 can of evaporated milk. Jack however needs the income from her books to get out of poverty, keep the crappy bungalow's roof over SB's head, and so that she can finally afford butter and shower gel

• Haha
Reactions: 33
A thought:
Hunger Hurts 2 blog.. 'Tldr: I'm poor still'
But..
A new book coming out...

Did she not get an advance for the book? Most writers do I believe, especially if contracted to write a book and given a deadline for it.. 🤔
This book is at least a year past its due date. In theory she should have received a small part of her advance when they accepted the manuscript (it's normally split into percentages paid on signing the deal, delivering an acceptable manuscript and publication, if I remember right), but given the numbers her last few books have done it won't be a large amount. At a guess maybe £1,500 to £2,000.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Then roll the pages up and stuff them with hair you fished out the drain to use as firelighters when you've read it. So thrifty!
I misread your post and thought you said stuff them with fish...
Alternatively you can use some pages as a basic sanitary pad whilst reading the Metro.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.