Jack Monroe #403 It’s hard to believe anything Jack Monroe says anymore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still in the past, don’t know if anyone has seen Becky Excell’s videos. She does a £25 aldi shop. But she shows exactly what to buy and tells you how many meals she makes. She’s a gluten free blogger, but her recipes work (also she had just had a double mastectomy) but she is in no way like our jack
She’s brilliant and now has a string of best selling books.
When she doesn’t sell the full £25 she says the remainer can go on store cupboard stuff (which jack thinks magically appears).

I fell upon a feed you family for £20 Group on FB. But they suggests it’s based around already having store cupboard stuff in. Not in its entirety.

Reactions: 21
I think Jack is worse. I don't like Effie's politics but she's stating honestly what they are and isn't grifting a fortune from people. Jack is pocketing a fortune and everything she says serves the grift, she doesn't really seem to believe in anything.
That’s what I used to say about Katie Hopkins. I don’t think she actually believes half of the bile that she spews out. She’s playing a role to get attention.

Her and Jack really are the same.

Reactions: 30
The difference between Jack and Effie is one does it for sincerely felt spite, the other for money knowing full well what poverty is like. I know whic is worse. At least one is sincere.

Reactions: 17
In response to the thread from squig who asked for a Patreon refund and whose business is now being review-bombed:

View attachment 1602118

I've met infants less naive than this.
If only the glorious leader knew! They’d stop this. They’d understand! Orwell had her number either 40 years before she was born or any multiple of 10 years #1xx8truther

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.