Jack Monroe #402 Which police squad will be tasked to investigate Jack being signed up to a mailing list?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
if you search "thrifty kitchen" on twitter and keep the search to "top" (dependent on your algorithm, of course, but it's a bbc food tweet from 18th january 2021), it is just a short scroll to find that episode of dr rupy's iplayer show where jack sits there dressed as dennis nilsen, honking away about the poverty and tinned tomatoes while rupy patiently makes quite a nice looking jambalaya :D
She’s had messages from people saying she’s saved them £100 a week off their food bill?

bollocks has she

• Haha
Reactions: 37
So did she drag her Mediterranean off the sofa at 5am? Or did she let someone else down?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She’s had messages from people saying she’s saved them £100 a week off their food bill?

bollocks has she
It’s plausible if you consider that they’ve seen one of her ‘recipes’ and she’s put them off food so much that they just have cereal?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I’m starting to know how Jack feels. I only talk anonymously about my alcoholism but The Gift Company STILL SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS IS NOT APPROPRIATE!! 15,000 emails in my inbox and this is the only one I’ve looked for seen. They want me DEAD!

1E07229C-0474-4BBE-8174-B3A3B5758C2F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
May I respectfully slightly disagree with this?I personally enjoy the little meanders off topic.

Im suspect we all have our reasons for being here beyond disliking grifters and hating slop.

I personally have had a year of really dark times and this thread has helped me through that immensely by giving me a distraction, but also I laughed a lot and learnt so much.

I have learnt a lot from you about addiction and AA and also just general how to navigate life with trauma.

Ive also learnt new recipes, got great book recommendations, I’ve actually bought a bag based on a canal recommendation and enjoyed the nonsense, walri And even the Motley Crew Schlong.

I do think the Jack stuff is super important and obviously purpose of thread and there are many in the canal contributing amazing and eye opening content.

However I would be a tad sad if all the side pumbles disappeared.

Hope I haven’t offended you, I am a massive people pleaser so am already anxiously overanalysing pressing post!
100%. And to add to that- if people come here and JUST see Fraus (apparently) laying into Jack- even if it DOES get her grift seen through quicker- then it does indeed look like either a 'hate' forum (to Jack and her ilk & as described by the muchly paranoid), or something based wholly around investigative journalism (like Molly's blog or the other recent analysis) which is great- but not what I thought this forum was about.
Things like comparing house sizes, or people's shopping/ poverty experiences seem ENTIRELY relevant to me: in such as they show a normal person perspective and how far from 'average' Jack is despite all her claims to unusual poverty.
It still helps to show her as the grifter she is, but also helps to humanise the people she's so hellbent on demonising, if you get what I mean?
It's just a lot of people having a laugh and sharing experiences, with the commonality that we'd all like Jack revealed as the non-saintly figure she truly is.

The only way that could happen was if one of her recipes gave them food poisoning so all they ate for a week was dry toast and bananas.
If that is true then they'd have to have been uncommonly stupid (respectfully) to start with.

All day I've been getting 'Google Suggested' articles about Martin Lewis. :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Thread title nomination 😏

ETA I'm sure she just deleted the "I don't owe you tit, pal" tweet
It also doesn't sit right she spun it as simply "campaigner of the year" but didn't explain the nomination category or signpost the awards website, just the link to vote, very sharp practice
"The annual PinkNews Awards aims to recognise the incredible contributions of those who campaign for LGBTQ+ equality worldwide, whilst celebrating moments of unprecedented LGBTQ+ achievement"
I don’t get how she even qualifies though. What exactly has she done for LGBTQ+ equality in the last year? Or ever, for that matter???

Reactions: 42
I don’t get how she even qualifies though. What exactly has she done for LGBTQ+ equality in the last year? Or ever, for that matter???
she’s very online, and that’s enough for Pink News.
But you can add onto that that by being relatively high profile, with a trans flag and a vague trans identity, and yet not actually articulating any position on the trans debate, she’s one of the few online trans activists who hasn’t actually actively damaged the movement by actually saying what the trans rights movement wants.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Ever = Slept with some rich Lesbians. Came out as non-binary. Reaffirmed her Lesbian Status while publicly drooling over (and allegedly shagging) multiple men. Um... that's it, isn't it? Oh yeah- did a highly photoshopped DIVA shoot, pretending to be Ruby Rose/ Orange is the New Black, simped at wassisface, blocked people.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I note she's left the comments open on that Pink News tweet, rather than restricting them to the ✨comments club✨

Trying to drown out criticism with a flood of positive replies? I also note she didn't tag in Pink News, which seems a bit rude, since it's their awards.

Everyone voting for her instead of the actual campaigners in that link need to give their heads a wobble.

I'm not Pink News' target audience so I don't feel comfortable voting.
Neither are most of the people voting for Jack 🤷‍♀️ Go for it.

Reactions: 20
Excellent, more proof for my theory that slow cookers are a con because everything comes out brown and tasting the same. I am a reasonable cook but slow cookers defeat me. Much prefer my electric pressure cooker.
PMSL again at " a small jar of brown sadness " 😂 😂 😂 😂
This would be SUCH a great thread title, and you know it!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
There is nothing wrong with eating avocado if you are type 2. It's low carb and has fibre. There's a moral issue with regards to its production in Mexico and association with cartel violence though.
I'm happy to post a giant box of Australian avocados to Tattle HQ for distribution or collection. Avocados for everyone: no cartels involved in their production. I may even leave some at Jack's door, next to the soap and soup

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Neither are most of the people voting for Jack 🤷‍♀️ Go for it.
it’s not worth voting at all. It’s all bullshit. The goal is engagement, not actually gauging popularity. The whole reason places like pinknews will put divisive people in their categories is because they win when their fans are mobilised to vote for them, AND when their detractors are mobilised to vote against them. It’s all total bullshit, and it doesn’t matter one jot whether Jack comes first or last. In fact, any evidence of people voting against her from here will just support her claims to victimhood

• Heart
Reactions: 22
New thread. Comes with a free copy of Thrifty Kitchen!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.