Jack Monroe #400 The utter narcissism of this obscure cook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bet Jackie has made a template about being driven to despair by nefarious ninnies and sent it to every single blue ticker she can think of.
They are mean to me, very mean to me. This is a quote from a 3yr old grandchild almost 15 years ago and it is used on a regular basis by various members of the family because it was funny, nobody was being mean at time just stopping them doing something dangerous.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I’m trying to fill in a form for PIP. I know it’s been said Jack might qualify but I don’t see how? Unless it was lower tier standard rate.
It’s a horror of a form and I don’t think I will bother!
ETA there’s no way I’d let her near helping me fill this in.
I helped someone fill one of these in earlier this year and it’s HORRIBLE. I’m basically a professional form filler and even I struggled to make sense of it.

Reactions: 16
I might be getting confused with the man who chopped his arm off (not for Twitter addiction reasons) but 127 hours rings a bell.
I'm fairly sure @Marmalade Atkins has kept track of this.
I think I did at one point but I have no idea what the current record is... probably something set during the dayhab era? Someone else definitely kept track though.

Jack hasn't tweeted but she has followed someone so not technically offline, she's just not tweeting (from her main account lol).

• Heart
Reactions: 34
She’s deleted the tweet about posting stuff to bring out the worst of the internet so she can block them. Her tweet thread reads awfully now she’s deleted the snark. I have moments of feeling bad for her but know that at my worst moments of MH there’s no way I’d be arsed what was on my Twitter feed and the feeling passes

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Just wanted to echo what others have said about PIP - please stick at it. It can be an awful process to go through but if you think you qualify then you deserve to be receiving that support and it is worth persevering. This website recommended by VeniVidiVicki is fantastic - a really thorough guide to filling out the form - but it does require a small subscription to get access to the detailed guides (a little over £10 or thereabouts last time I paid).

I have nothing good to say about the DWP, they are cunts but I wish you the best of luck with the process.

Edit:
edited to add, I mean no ill will to the people actually involved in doing the jobs, answering the phones etc at the DWP. but I was thoroughly fucked over by my PIP review and had to go to appeal because of the mountain of lies, omissions and twisting of facts that was in my report. My next review is coming up soon and I am TERRIFIED of it after getting my benefits stopped for 18 months during my appeal last time. HORRIFIC way to be treated by the department supposed to be there to support me.
This is why I'm put off claiming. I know I would qualify for PIP, I used to make claims for other people so am well versed with the forms. But I can't face jumping through their hoops. Also, I receive carer's allowance, and I worry they'd use that against me, i.e. "you can't be that bad if you care for X" 😑

Morning all ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
It does read awful but there is no evidence of anyone saying anthing overly nasty. The diva thing yesterday was all questions that people wanted answered. I didnt even see in the posts here anyone calling her so much as a twit.

It was all just questions. In my opinion. I havent bought any of her stuff so i leave the questions to those who needs to ask it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Jeremy vine talking to Vicky derbyshire about bellfield
I've just seen this and I wondered how long before Jack says "See! Look what the bad people do to us!"
I am not fully across the Bellfield stuff but it does seem as though his threats were tangible and Jeremy Vine made all of the right reports to all of the right people with evidence as back up for action.
I'm fairly sure questions for clarity don't fall under that description and I am just as sure that even her harshest critics would fully support restrictions and punishment for anyone making truly hurtful, malicious, threats towards her.

It does read awful but there is no evidence of anyone saying anthing overly nasty. The diva thing yesterday was all questions that people wanted answered. I didnt even see in the posts here anyone calling her so much as a twit.

It was all just questions. In my opinion. I havent bought any of her stuff so i leave the questions to those who needs to ask it.

Yes it’s all just her saying leave me alone and everyone is being mean to me - there’s no evidence of it. And also any stuff I have seen doesn’t seem any worse than most posts on Twitter get - it’s not right but it’s part and parcel of the site. She calls it’s a twisted hellsite so surely she must expect some stuff! Why put yourself through it if you don’t need to and it affects you so much

Reactions: 20
Only a bleep would keep the grift going for 400 threads 🙃 xx (((Jack)))

Nigella, you are dead to me.

• Haha
Now that it's lights OFF, bit in bold for next thread title?

One other little thing. How the hell to these solar lights recharge?

If the little solar panels the string lights I have in my garden 🔺 are even slightly overshadowed by a rogue rose petal, they’re dimmer than a Jackstan come nightfall.

No way can this be true (although she’d probably say she painstakingly, softly, gently unravels and lays them across her hammock every morning to soak up all that Southend sun).

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.