Jack Monroe #396 She’s gonna break her spine if she pats herself on the back any harder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this is really silly. Could the 1st Feb one be Jack sending an FOI to the ONS about what work they’re doing on inflation, then shoehorning herself into it by creating a viral thread then suggesting it was all her own work in the first place?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Surely any lawyer’s going to examine Jack’s ‘reputation’? Wouldn’t her making appalling comments about Cameron’s son, telling people with learning difficulties to ‘go duck’ themselves, calling people tits, claiming other chefs with far better careers stole her recipes, etc show that her reputation is that of a foul mouthed, aggressive and unpleasant tit ergo rather difficult to ruin a reputation that’s already in the gutter?
And even those who like her do so on the back of dubious evidence like the boasts about the ONS, the claim she gave cookbooks away to food banks when actually she profited from that, the idea that her money goes to the Trussel Trust (as wee Ralf Little claimed) and so on?
And that’s not even starting on the money she has coming in whilst constantly claiming poverty.
Her followers increased during and after the Anderson thing. It actually enhanced her reputation. Lots of lovely free publicity, pretty much all of it positive
Anyway, it’s nonsense, there will be no lawsuit and she knows Daubney knows it too. It was to shut up questions about the PayPal donations IMO

• Angry
Reactions: 38
Surely any lawyer’s going to examine Jack’s ‘reputation’? Wouldn’t her making appalling comments about Cameron’s son, telling people with learning difficulties to ‘go duck’ themselves, calling people tits, claiming other chefs with far better careers stole her recipes, etc show that her reputation is that of a foul mouthed, aggressive and unpleasant tit ergo rather difficult to ruin a reputation that’s already in the gutter?
That is such an interesting point. I just had a quick google, and realised that the Hopkins libel was the year after the horrific Cameron incident. I'm amazed the court thought she had a reasonable reputation to besmirch after that, tbh. But it makes me wonder if perhaps the court doesn't put things together in this common sense way?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
When Jack says she failed her GCSEs, she means rest below grade C I reckon. You got a certificate for all GCSES grades A*-G. Nowadays they are 1-9 though. Makes you think.
But why is she still banging on about something that happened (or not) eighteen bleeping years ago?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I think Jack would qualify for the ads because of her twitter count.
View attachment 1584652
I'm assuming they're still selling if the ads are still running though...!
They run on Facebook though, hence you having to share your Facebook Ads Manager account. PPC is Google AdWords. Disappointed I’ll prob now get the Facebook ones targeting me though 😔

Reactions: 15
Wow. Can any Google ad experts confirm if this could be a Teemill advert rather than a Jack Monroe one?
There's no way to know without the person running the campaign(s) saying so.

That is such an interesting point. I just had a quick google, and realised that the Hopkins libel was the year after the horrific Cameron incident. I'm amazed the court thought she had a reasonable reputation to besmirch after that, tbh. But it makes me wonder if perhaps the court doesn't put things together in this common sense way?
I think you can still libel anyone, despite how good or bad their pre-existing reputation may be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
A fan has sent this to Jack to cheer her up under that begging for compliments tweet. I am deceased.

Screenshot 2022-09-17 10.18.09.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 85
It could well be Teemill paying for the PPC rather than Jack.
Maybe, but surely they’d only do that if they were making a tidy profit? Which begs the question of what’s happening to that cash given Jack’s only given £10k to Trussel and they aren’t taking more?

Reading an e book, Louise hay, you can heal your life 🔺️ She says that sore throats are a sign of anger, and laryngitis is a sign you're so angry you cannot speak. Really makes you think
But? Are we not supposed to be the angry ones because she is singing or something. Does this mean i can claim a sore throat.

They run on Facebook though, hence you having to share your Facebook Ads Manager account. PPC is Google AdWords. Disappointed I’ll prob now get the Facebook ones targeting me though 😔
Sorry I didn’t mean to sound crappy here, it’s just that this is what I do. The blog from Teemill also mentions “ROI” and those type of ads have a CPA (cost per sale) goal, which you literally cannot set up as a goal on the Google AdWords for the type of ad in the screengrab. The ad on the screengrab will be PPC (paid per click) or CPM (cost per thousand impressions)

Don’t get me wrong, you don’t have to spend a lot per day, but even £20 for advertising daily when you are on your arse is laughable.

Reactions: 48
I bet there is a Frau/ Frau man here from every kind of job/ industry now. Jack is done for.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Ah you're right, sorry! Maybe she does then but seriously can't see her being that on the ball 🤣

In other news I've just realised Teemill is an offshoot of an Isle of Wight brand I really like. And they're still based there employing people, so I hope they get lots of work out of it even if it is crap.

Reactions: 17
Ah you're right, sorry! Maybe she does then but seriously can't see her being that on the ball 🤣

In other news I've just realised Teemill is an offshoot of an Isle of Wight brand I really like. And they're still based there employing people, so I hope they get lots of work out of it even if it is crap.
You wouldn’t believe how easy it is. The campaign set up is tricky, I’ve taken a couple of clients on for this alongside my day job and you can literally whack someone £500 to get it all set up and then set a daily budget and leave it for years, the algorithm in Google’s ad platforms works out automatically which audiences, time of day, geos, etc get the most and cheapest clicks.
This algorithm saved my life many a time when I was new.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Sorry I didn’t mean to sound crappy here, it’s just that this is what I do. The blog from Teemill also mentions “ROI” and those type of ads have a CPA (cost per sale) goal, which you literally cannot set up as a goal on the Google AdWords for the type of ad in the screengrab. The ad on the screengrab will be PPC (paid per click) or CPM (cost per thousand impressions)

Don’t get me wrong, you don’t have to spend a lot per day, but even £20 for advertising daily when you are on your arse is laughable.
Don't worry I've had my meds so you don't sound crappy 🤣 I've tried to set these up myself and not had much luck which is why I can't imagine her doing it but she could have asked someone for sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
You wouldn’t believe how easy it is. The campaign set up is tricky, I’ve taken a couple of clients on for this alongside my day job and you can literally whack someone £500 to get it all set up and then set a daily budget and leave it for years, the algorithm in Google’s ad platforms works out automatically which audiences, time of day, geos, etc get the most and cheapest clicks.
This algorithm saved my life many a time when I was new.
So if I Google 'shop jack monroe teemill ' and click on the first ad it costs her money?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.