Jack Monroe #37 Don't f*** with cats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you think she'll join again under another name and email? Not coming out as her obvs (because she'd get booted again)?
I'm not sure she'd be able to contain herself and maintain her cover under another name. The urge to out herself and whinge and snipe and generally be a nob would be too great.

Also I don't think she would have any interest in lurking anonymously. She strode in here very confrontationally, looking to slay this cabal of trolls proudly under her own name. I don't think anonymity and Jack Monroe go together at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Do you know what, if she’s still reading here (100%) then Jack, just take the bloody week off. I’m sure you’re tired. Just do it. Set an auto email to say you’re having a bit of time off and will return to your desk on X date and that you’ll get back to them after that and not before because your assistant is furloughed. Everyone’s work is every which way at the moment, so any prospective client will understand. And if they check your social media they can see you’re on a break too. Just bleeping do it. The world won’t end. Your son will love to have a week off with you and if he’s at his dads part of the time then that’s great too, you can read and lie out in the garden and have long baths. Have a life.
Yes yes yes. Literally no one is indispensable
Is there any 80s girls here? I feel so old now after reading all these posts. Anyone remember Look magazine, I still live by their beauty tips. I got my hands on vintage purple mie dm's earlier this year, still trying to break them in as don't think they'd ever been worn. Also body shop henna, would take hours and the smell 😩 but worth it afterwards.

@PennyLoafer best wishes for your move into your lovely new home 🥰
I'm an 80s girl. I was born 1970 so I have lovely visions of fluoro shoelaces and my first suit for work was glorious on its shoulder pads. I also had, in 1988ish, a horrifying array of batik harem pants, happy shoes and beaded hair. Whoa!

And I say, with absolutely no modesty at all,that I was a clubbing queen of fabulousness in the 90s in London and Sydney! I danced 16 hours a night in platform skyscrapers and low hipped pants, and it was a wonder to all, including the drag queens, that my matte red lipstick and smokeeeey eyeshadow never moved! Hehe

ETA: Triangulate me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Did something happen?? Ah that's so great! 🥰

And yep, got my train booked to Paris in about a month. Next step is booking the one to Switzerland....and informing said former paramour of my intentions of course :LOL:
Yes! He flew over from South America without asking me, which is typical macho Latino yet romantic. It was lovely but not sure I could put up with him full time

Can’t believe you haven’t told him yet :ROFLMAO: I’m led to believe you won’t be entirely clear about your intentions. I hope it goes well and please keep the hausfraus updated!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I loved Joey - glad we're not fighting over having to share 😂 First crush, as a very little girl, was Morten Harket from A-ha.
I'll fight you for Morten! Marti Pellow from Wet Wet Wet was my first ever crush though, and I still would today.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This is so lovely. I am still friends with the woman I bought my first house from. And the neighbours are still my best friends. It's on the market again, and if I thought for a second there'd be enough room for both mine and the other half's stuff I'd move back tomorrow. Still tempted, mind.

Your place sounds wonderful. I hope you are supremely happy there. xx
PennyLoafer, what a beautiful way to move house. Wishing you and your home much happiness, and more stories for all

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Can’t believe you haven’t told him yet :ROFLMAO: I’m led to believe you won’t be entirely clear about your intentions. I hope it goes well and please keep the hausfraus updated!
He knows I plan to visit this summer, but obviously not wanting to commit too soon in case corona has other ideas. Also I am *trying* to play it cool and act like I'm just passing through Switzerland on my way to somewhere better :LOL: . I will absolutely be keeping the cabal updated haha.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I'll fight you for Morten! Marti Pellow from Wet Wet Wet was my first ever crush though, and I still would today.
I loved Morten Harket, he made fishermen's jumpers sexy. Although I was confused later on when I realised I was gay. Looking back, I think I fancied him because he looked like an androgynous lesbian...

mh.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Ooh, I thought he was pretty cute too. I think little me had a lot more crushes than old me does!
Same! I was a little slut back in the day compared to now (not literally guys, just in my head!).

Nowadays just give me Idris Elba and maybe Tom Hardy (just the once to see if the small penis rumours are true) and I'll be more than happy with my lot.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm not sure she'd be able to contain herself and maintain her cover under another name. The urge to out herself and whinge and snipe and generally be a nob would be too great.

Also I don't think she would have any interest in lurking anonymously. She strode in here very confrontationally, looking to slay this cabal of trolls proudly under her own name. I don't think anonymity and Jack Monroe go together at all.
She was clearly lurking before that though, she mentioned so many things we spoke about in dkl and on sm

Reactions: 16
She was clearly lurking before that though, she mentioned so many things we spoke about in dkl and on sm
Oh yes I mean I'm sure she is still lurking now (Hi Jack, take the cat to the vet). I just don't think she would create another account and post anonymously.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.