Jack Monroe #364 I used to quite like Jack until I started paying attention

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jesus. Her escalation in tone and frequency of response suggests that Jack Monroe is absolutely bricking it, and sees the writing is on the wall. To make the pretty direct threats against AM was quite a tipping point I thought.

I'd have hoped her family would have stepped in by now.
I’m maybe being a bit cold but I genuinely don’t think that at 34-years-old, anyone has to step in.

Solely my opinion, but I don’t think Jack is vulnerable. I think she’s scheming and devious and is now panicking because someone has rattled her cage. She is the only one responsible for her actions and if this is her chickens coming home to roost, then she’ll have to deal with it.

I reckon her parents, previous partners, friends have tried to guide her many, many times before and everyone has a breaking point. She talks about people being mean and then complaining when they get the same back - this is EXACTLY what is happening to her, and she can’t handle it. How many times can you say to someone “stay off Twitter” or “you’re the one who perpetuates this, time after time”? I’ve no doubt some people in her life have enabled her but I also think you probably couldn’t get her to do anything she doesn’t want to do.

Someone said last week - apologies, I can’t remember who it was - but it was a genuine question about why her AA sponsor doesn’t do more. I’ve been lucky enough to sponsor and it really is a privilege - but there’s no way I’m responsible for that person and if I offer guidance through the Steps and show them what worked for me, I accept it’s up to them to take it. And if I see them acting in damaging behaviours, then unless it was life or death, I wouldn’t bring it up but they have to see themselves that it’s damaging and want to discuss it.

I hope this doesn’t come across as me having a pop at anyone, that’s not my intention. I just think she’s big enough to manufacture this tit show so she’s big enough to work her way out.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 161
She won’t engage Molly on Twitter directly. Molly knows too much and has too many receipts. And Jack knows that she knows.

Jacks getting a wee bit backed into a corner. Best thing she could do really is ignore everything and fill up her timeline with “What’s your favourite flavour of crisps” bollox.

Instead she’s choosing to lash out, box at shadows and tweet politically inept “zingers”. It’s not helping her.

Where is her much vaunted serenity? She hasn’t mentioned going to AA for a while. Hasn’t updated her followers on a lot of things she would normally update on: SB, Content, Cooper, yomping, the Great Downsizing.

The range of things she can post about is shrinking because people are starting to see through the bullshit and so she can’t tweet anything that might leave her exposed on that front.

As I say, being backed into a corner. It’ll be interesting to see if she tries to capitalise on this weeks ONS stats with a “searingly furious viral Twitter thread”.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Why does all her language have to be so crass? Talking about tit and the toilet etc. Creepy and weird.

PS I swear like a trooper so this isn’t me pearl clutching. It’s just that there’s something particularly repugnant about how she talks.
Narc rage is in a class of its own x

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I’m maybe being a bit cold but I genuinely don’t think that at 34-years-old, anyone has to step in.

Solely my opinion, but I don’t think Jack is vulnerable. I think she’s scheming and devious and is now panicking because someone has rattled her cage. She is the only one responsible for her actions and if this is her chickens coming home to roost, then she’ll have to deal with it.

I reckon her parents, previous partners, friends have tried to guide her many, many times before and everyone has a breaking point. She talks about people being mean and then complaining when they get the same back - this is EXACTLY what is happening to her, and she can’t handle it. How many times can you say to someone “stay off Twitter” or “you’re the one who perpetuates this, time after time”? I’ve no doubt some people in her life have enabled her but I also think you probably couldn’t get her to do anything she doesn’t want to do.

Someone said last week - apologies, I can’t remember who it was - but it was a genuine question about why her AA sponsor doesn’t do more. I’ve been lucky enough to sponsor and it really is a privilege - but there’s no way I’m responsible for that person and if I offer guidance through the Steps and show them what worked for me, I accept it’s up to them to take it. And if I see them acting in damaging behaviours, then unless it was life or death, I wouldn’t bring it up but they have to see themselves that it’s damaging and want to discuss it.

I hope this doesn’t come across as me having a pop at anyone, that’s not my intention. I just think she’s big enough to manufacture this tit show so she’s big enough to work her way out.
I totally agree. It’s also worth bearing in mind that from Jack’s own account it very much sounds like LJC tried to step in and we’ve all seen how that ultimately ended for her. I can’t fault anyone for not wanting to intervene and have the same malice aimed at them for their efforts.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

Can't argue with any of that ❤

Actions have consequences and Jack Monroe has over a decade of crappy actions all coming back to bite her Mediterranean arsenal at once.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Someone on the last thread was wondering how many times Jack has been engaged? In this she says 3, note the year though, it's pre LJC. So at least 4.

3F9CC0DD-B8E0-4222-9294-6409229798EB.jpeg

Nice to see that Jack condones her followers sending people threats and abuse. Asking questions, laughing at your crappy recipes and calling you middle class, is not the bleeping same as sending someone death threats and horrific abuse. Want a hint to tell the difference Jack? One is a criminal offence (that you condone), the other isn't.
God she's a vile human isn't she? Rotten inside.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Interesting...... I remembered how much Undelete.com contributed to a few different grifters' downfall last year, so googled "undelete Jack monroe"

First result - Russell Brand deleting all references to her! Looks like it's happening - the silent abandonment prior to inevitable cancellation 🤣🤣

chrome_screenshot_1660586124109.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 105
Christ, this feels like those medieval battle films, the calm before the storm as the troops gather either side of the battlefield.

Jack going all William Wallace, promising a dinner at Dishoom for her army..... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Why does all her language have to be so crass? Talking about tit and the toilet etc. Creepy and weird.

PS I swear like a trooper so this isn’t me pearl clutching. It’s just that there’s something particularly repugnant about how she talks.

She thinks this is how working class people talk

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Christ, this feels like those medieval battle films, the calm before the storm as the troops gather either side of the battlefield.

Jack going all William Wallace, promising a dinner at Dishoom for her army..... :ROFLMAO:
I think Vlad agrees with you... He's suggesting a t-shirt for Ralf to wear when defending Jack

Screenshot_20220815-190005.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Well that's not dodgy at ALL Ralf. I've raised money from events and been involved in other's fundraising and with one exception to do with a funeral it's gone into a separate account. First rule of fundraising transparency - keep it away from your own accounts. Secondly all of those platforms have the ability to donate direct. What an utter plank.....

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Interesting...... I remembered how much Undelete.com contributed to a few different grifters' downfall last year, so googled "undelete Jack monroe"

First result - Russell Brand deleting all references to her! Looks like it's happening - the silent abandonment prior to inevitable cancellation 🤣🤣

View attachment 1501212
I think that I did this wrong and got a very strange article, some nice photos tho.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.