Jack Monroe #363 I regret to inform you Jack Monroe has done another tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In hindsight if she had of done the last two/ three weeks quietly, followed by the next six months.it would have been behind the scenes, no one would know anything till she had moved to her new gaff and set up shop.
Oh this. A thousand times this.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
How insufferable does someone have to be who, on being made aware of a customer who is wondering why they haven’t received goods that they have *paid her for*, that her stock response is to “accept this query is a reflection on their own general dissatisfaction with life” rather than, say, a reflection on her being an unbelievably lazy, shameless huckster.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
I'm still on Thursday, great greetings from the past!
I ~ literally ~ cant (no apostrophe ~ design decision) wait to grunk ever forward, towards the greater good, the light, the burning sun, the live thread...

I need to say this though:

1. Hoops (olde news): I firmly believe she rinsed, counted one by one the hoops from a tin and then recreated a hoopy sieve dump of the same quantity of other dried or fresh pasta.
2. More alarmingly, I always thought @SlopAmbsase was called SlopAmbasse a la Slop Ambassador (not that you advocate the slop, mind)

Back with my grunking gloves I go, see you all around next Wednesday with another four-day old panzenella crusty comment.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Aquafaba is better made from chickpea or white bean according to most vegans I know (I’ve only ever used that; allergen child here). Having said that, my baking is always a Jack level disaster so I leave it to the local vegan baker now.

Bet AM is her ex admin assistant.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Sorry for more bean chat but it's annoying me now. Jack's schtick is 90% rinsing thing improbably (and 10% grating spam) because she loves the reactions it gets from the baffled presenters on any show she does. It's part of her whole "I've been at the frontline experiencing this" thing that she can be like when you count every penny like I had to you notice that baked beans are cheaper than plain. But do you even get the same amount of beans in baked beans or does the sauce take up more room?

I briefly considered buying a tin of baked beans and haricot beans and counting them . Please send sanity-os'.
I think the weight of the actual beans or percentage or something must be on the tin. Somebody commented recently on the percentage of waste by rinsing

Reactions: 13
I just can’t get over what she’s had done to her face. It’s not good. It makes me feel a bit sorry for her.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
Aquafaba is better made from chickpea or white bean according to most vegans I know (I’ve only ever used that; allergen child here). Having said that, my baking is always a Jack level disaster so I leave it to the local vegan baker now.

Bet AM is her ex admin assistant.
absolutely but that’s why kidney bean juice is ONLY used in chocolate cake (or brownies) in baking.

no body wants grey sludge coloured ‘meringues’ for example

unless of course you’re making slop inspired vegan meringues …

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
She is wriggling like a worm to protect her income.. Knows her stuff as well..

Reactions: 24
Took meself away for a walk earlier. Then realised how blessed I am just not to be her.
I've had hardship that doesn't compare to my Mam's or Nanna's. Remarkable women. And my hardship is absolutely based upon my position of being white and Western. It was hard, it's less so now and I feel so lucky that my life is easier now.

She never will. Her hardship is one she cultivated and brought to life. She's trapped herself in it and it's her validating space. I'm sorry you'll never find peace, Jack. I just want you to stop dragging everyone else into your chaotic, toxic slop.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I’m dying of second hand embarrassment here

View attachment 1498376
Honestly the absolute condescending tone of this. Mise en place is a fundamental part of prep in a restaurant. It isn't some jaunty bullshit like 'ooo let's line up a few herbs (yes I know they are all interchangeable) and pretend we are gordon ramsay'. It is an integral part of our process as chefs. It is taken extremely seriously. You cannot get halfway through service and then realise you have to chop a few bits and bobs and fillet a couple of fish and tra la la.

She would not last 5 mins at even the most low ranked position in a kitchen i.e. the pot washer.

• Heart
Reactions: 85
I can't believe she's officially called her gazpacho 'NO COOK GAZPACHO'. #jackshacks
She's started adding fuel source to her recipes now and all I can say is she clearly estimates the general jacolyte squig intelligence level as highly as we do.

Screenshot_20220814_184744.jpg

I was standing around trying to light a fire under my blender until the penny dropped. Plug socket, of course! Egg on my face.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 111
I think the weight of the actual beans or percentage or something must be on the tin. Somebody commented recently on the percentage of waste by rinsing
I have forensically compared a tin of M&S baked beans and a tin of M&S cannellini beans.
20220814_184756.jpg

Drained weight of 400g cannellini tin is 235g beans and haricots make up 49% of the 400g tin of baked beans. Therefore, more beans in normal beans than baked beans.

Edit: terrible spelling

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I think whatever the reason she posted the rings (self pity, digs at exes, humble brag - whatever) she is still massively missing the point that the tide is turning against her. She hasn't yet realised posts like that now make a lot of people angry and incredulous, or just make them laugh at her.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I've just arrived on the South Coast ready for a funeral tomorrow. Met up with my OH (I've still got one HE hasn't LEFT)

OH asked a minute ago "what's that Jack woman you follow on tattle been up to lately?"

I said "I don't know, I've had a couple of weeks off the drama. I'll have a look and find out."

15 THREADS IN 14 DAYS!!!!
What has the little pixie been up to? I can't read all that lot...too much grunking for anybody. I will make do with the thread recaps, at least for the time being. A bit rude to be catching up on tattle when I'm supposed to be making small talk with the family.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 155
I've just arrived on the South Coast ready for a funeral tomorrow. Met up with my OH (I've still got one he hasn't LEFT)

OH asked a minute ago "what's that Jack woman you follow on tattle been up to lately?"

I said "I don't know, I've had a couple of weeks off the drama. I'll have a look and find out."

15 THREADS IN 14 DAYS!!!!
What has the little pixie been up to? I can't read all that lot...too much grunking for anybody. I will make do with the thread recaps, at least for the time being. A bit rude to be catching up on tattle when I'm supposed to be making small talk with the family.
Welcome back! Buckle up! It's quite the ride.
It looks like people are at last waking up to her grifting ways.

(Sorry about the funeral).

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.