Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My new thread title nomination is "Painstakingly typed on my mobile phone" as I think it deserves to be highlighted!

ETA or Painstakingly typed on my mobile phone in 2022!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I’m sorry, I know I’m being repetitive but Twitter is a hoot!!
Grate cheese on top of normal straight out of the tin hoops and put in oven for 20 mins would give a lovely tomatoey cheesy pasta, you could always cook something else in the oven at the same time for reheating later if worried about electricity costs!

also if you are going to drain the juice you could save it and use as a soup with some bread to dip in.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I’m sorry, I know I’m being repetitive but Twitter is a hoot!!
Hang on. That’s not a parody? That’s an actual recipe from a book of hers? THAT got through recipe testing, past a team of a billion skilled nutritionists and dieticians, then through editing, amending and out to print?!

Mashed up rinsed spaghetti hoops with oil and cheese? I give in. We’re living in a parallel universe.

Stick a bean in me, Borbora - this is my aneurysm

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Sorry if this has already been brought up today, but I think focusing on the original book being written on a phone distracts us from the fact that she said only a few days ago she was drafting job applications on her phone. For. no. reason. Other than to imply she can't afford a laptop, which she has, as well as a mac. There is LITERALLY no reason for her to have to draft these applications on a phone in 2022 - it's just a stupid detail she added to add to the 'poor me' factor. She actually says "painstakingly typed on my mobile phone." WTF??
But she even mentions having a laptop in that piece!!!!!!

1659707886907.png

• Haha
Reactions: 63
I can have a go at creating a new thread - haven’t done it before but JM has inspired me to claim all kinds of skills I don’t possess. Please don’t troll me for DOING MY BEST.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
also…36.7 is textbook average normal temperature. Not an abnormal one. Not sure what she hoped to achieve there. ‘Oh woe is me my temperature is NORMAL’.
Back in “covid” days when you visited the hospital for appointments - I’m not sure about a&e but certainly my visits while pregnant we had to have our temperatures taken so maybe it was showing that? ✨duck knows✨

Reactions: 24
Sorry if this has already been brought up today, but I think focusing on the original book being written on a phone distracts us from the fact that she said only a few days ago she was drafting job applications on her phone. For. no. reason. Other than to imply she can't afford a laptop, which she has, as well as a mac. There is LITERALLY no reason for her to have to draft these applications on a phone in 2022 - it's just a stupid detail she added to add to the 'poor me' factor. She actually says "painstakingly typed on my mobile phone." WTF??
I think that sentence about the phone was a callback to the original post. But Jack should have made that clear and started a new paragraph before moving into talking about the present.

But my guess is, she saw the posts about the ten year anniversary on here, gleefully realised it was a big beg opportunity and spunked that blog out in 20 minutes. I’d be shocked if she even re-read it before hitting publish.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Back in “covid” days when you visited the hospital for appointments - I’m not sure about a&e but certainly my visits while pregnant we had to have our temperatures taken so maybe it was showing that? ✨duck knows✨
I had my temperature regularly taken back then too on hospital visits, but they never handed me a bit of paper with it written down on. They take it with the gun and you were either allowed or denied access. She can't even cosplay a hospital visit without bleeping it up.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Hello, new poster here! I've seen what's been going on on twitter recently and I did know about this place but hadn't really read through much of it but oof, I have now.

I have a friend who is quite close to JM's ex and I'd known things about JM before that made me question pretty much everything about them. I don't want to breach the confidence of my friend, and if JM does read this I don't want to cause tit for other people, but I remember my friend being so worried about her (the ex) and the levels of manipulation that JM was capable of. I remember being quite shocked when she first told me. I was never a huge follower of JM or anything, just aware of her media appearances but found her twitter presence too needy and chaotic for my tastes, but when I started to actually go through some of the inconsistencies and traits she displayed I found it quite chilling given what I knew about the emotional manipulation, which might sound hyperbolic, but I honestly think some of it is quite sinister.

Anyway, I haven't much else to say than I'm glad some of this stuff is getting a public airing now. I find the way JM uses poverty and LGBT+ rights as a fig leaf for her grift completely abhorrent.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 139
I tbink its been said before but she writes like frank mccourt the author of angelas ashes. The terrible poverty, the not having a pot to piss in. Its misery writing its finest. True this is the case for many, but i sincerely doubt it needed to be like this for her. I am sure her childs dad would have bought her some food those few weeks she has no dosh.
My court outfit is going to be Gerry Hannan's mustard number.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’ve got a little sliver of a bar left, an old pan, and OH has also LEFT (for work) so I’ll have a go in a bit and report back
NOOOO!!! Please don't Vali! Someone mentioned recently that it could produce toxic fumes from boiling the soap!!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.