Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting-she’s obviously touchy about the VBI. That’s worth noting Molly…
Well she got a lot of media attention, money and goodwill out of the promise of it.
We all know it will be utterly useless, but at least it would be some evidence of work and effort on her part.
Her problem was the utter arrogance announcing it, and saying how she had all the skills and resources to pull off a job that usually takes a big team of experts.

Reactions: 56
Sloooowly catching up (only on page 4 of this thread, god you ninnies have been mithering haven’t you) so don’t know if another Frau has already said, but I’ve definitely seen a squig pointing out it’s funny she was demanding transparency from some thinktank about their funding, but not being transparent about hers. Will try and find it if nobody else has.
got it, sorry but cba to screenshot the whole thread in which this squig was pointing out the comparison. (I’m tired but wired tonight, should be asleep but it isn’t coming for me yet!) Am sure anyone will be able to find it easily if interested. Other than her original tweet Jack didn’t engage with this thread (unless as 🧦), squig and IEA blue tick were talking to either a FM or 🧦.

This whole thing is really interesting to observe as a phenomenon. Jack and her coterie of followers go off on one at the IEA and Tories for being opaque about funding, bending rules, and how much they get in donations they refuse to be transparent about upfront - and yet Jack Monroe herself is opaque, bends rules, and gets large donations about which she refuses to be transparent. How can they not see she is effectively the same as the “IEA bros” - except like squig says, IEA bros actually produce things.

(Please don’t go thinking I love the IEA, or the Tory party, I don’t, I think everyone is dodgy here! Except probably squig, who seems to have commented similarly on a few other Jack related tweets in the last few days.)

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Interesting-she’s obviously touchy about the VBI. That’s worth noting Molly…
Something else she doesn't want to talk about is why she hasn't made any effort for her Patreon and not just the rewards - she could have at least written a post now and then? Some acknowledgement? 🤷
For someone that's been focused so much on refuting her Patreon income today, she's only made the briefest mumbling of comments refering to her failure to reward her patrons. Like her admission of not filing taxes, blink and you would have missed it.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Oh heavenly lord, i pray of thee to interject in this, the year of our lord two thousand and twenty-two
to:

bestow upon Jack Monroe's many digital devices the auto replace settings

"a single parent" with "Separated from my sons loving and ever present father"
"100 hour weeks" with "when I feel like it"
"cabal" with "truth sayers"
"Patreon", "tipjar" and "Covfefe" with "tit the tax man doesn't know about"

and please bless the menagerie forced unto her care lord.

Amen.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I think a great charity fundraiser would be to get Jack and Prince Andrew together on telly and see if we can get her to lie or him to sweat first.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Has any heard this. It’s a talk Jack gave and she sings to the poor fuckers. It’s completely bizarre. singing starts at about 37 mins. I didn’t listen to any of the rest tbh
Absolutely criminal! 😫 I would have folded in on myself from the cringe if I was in the audience! Also operation once a month on her leg?!
I genuinely think that in her head she is like Mother Teresa or Martin Luther King. No cultural appropriation meant, but she just really sees herself as a hero who has changed the world! A complete fantasist.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I think that tomorrow Molly may touch on things that were promised but never happened. Not Patreon, because she covered that today, but other things that involved money up front. PayPal.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Has any heard this. It’s a talk Jack gave and she sings to the poor fuckers. It’s completely bizarre. singing starts at about 37 mins. I didn’t listen to any of the rest tbh
1659657131849.png

:unsure:
1659657147604.png

🤨
1659657192013.png
1659657216262.png

🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
There is a squig comparing Jack to, and I can hardly bring myself to say this but I am only the messenger, Martin Luther King.

Screenshot 2022-08-05 00.56.38.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 95
Why the heck did they take her on in the first place ? Don’t they look people up ?
I don’t go into Superdrug in my town. They have the rudest staff ever. I mean for 20 years. They have their own Facebook group where people tell of the horrors of buying cotton buds or something.
Cotton buds ?
Eew
And then they look pointedly at your ears.
I don’t know how it keeps going. Masochists I suppose.
These companies never look her up do they. Remember the Hellmanns fiasco. And then Linda McCartney - who engaged her for a Veganuary promotion, when Veganuary had actually dumped her as an ambassador because she promoted low-welfare meat (those bollock sausages she’s so fond of). So it wasn’t exactly the best fit. But at least it gave us the mighty Viggles!
Maybe they’ll do more checks now, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
As I always say about Billy Bragg, at least when he is singing he isn't talking. But god, that was painful.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Didn't she do a big thing about - As long as I live I will never not ask the question of "who funds you?"

Thy ambition doth cometh hastened by the purse of whom mx/miss/ms/mr/dr(not)/prof(even more not)/etc Monroe?

ETA: K so yeah, It's for sure time to admit that I am too drunk to post any more tonight, Na-night ya'll!.
I’ve got to get some sleep as well. I don’t think I can cope with another day of this.

737BA3E7-31D9-4664-8028-C28E29D91A87.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
I listened to about 20 mins.
Did we ever know about the Budapest sidling before? She was there in a swimming pool (duck knows why) and a man sidled up and whispered 'are you Jack Monroe? You saved my life'. How many sinister sidlings is this?

Also another version of her first ever visit to a food bank. No mention of parents friend being there and having to instantly go to see them. Spoiler as a bit graphic.
She said the night before she went she had tried to commit suicide. She drank a bottle of vodka, took two packets of paracetamol and a packet of her heart pills. SB in the next room. She woke up and was ill, picked up SB and carried him to.... a food bank. Not a hospital or her parents. When she arrived she collapsed on the floor. A kindly person took her to.... another room, not hospital. They then gave her two binbags of food and she went home happy, invited her friend round and they ate well for days.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 87
Another thoroughly entertaining grunk. I was internally screaming "there's no £1 patreon tier' for most of it.

Why you cry?
Still no VBI

Why you melancholy?
Awfully Molly

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.