Jack Monroe #351 Nobody should be donating to a character from a Pulp song

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I find myself thinking about these things I just pop out a look at my three hydrangeas that unlike Jack I can see bloom in the spring. Then I go back indoors and look at all my lovely unboiled soap, shampoo, conditioner, bubble bath and shower gel.
We are (hopefully) about to buy our first home - it’s a small ex-LA flat in rural Scotland, because that’s what we can afford and it makes me cross that Jack talks about moving to a flat like it’s some terrible fate, but I digress - anyway, i think I’m going to plant a hydrangea in my front garden and whenever I see it bloom I can feel grateful I made the choice to live within my means. Might also paint my front door in farrow & ball downpipe for shits & giggles.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 78
148k followers so not squiggled - read the room Dicky.
Exactly. What work does she do? Performative shopping list writing, stocktaking the huge amount of food in the crappy bungalow (more than I have in the house for a family of four), attempting to manifest the VBI by tweeting about it sporadically, describing food that she's made for bedtime, that's oh so delicious despite an ouchy mouth but the recipes fail to materialise? Oh that work? Oh of course I'd like to donate to support that 🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
have the squigs just completely forgotten when she did have a bbc show? and she was so good at it, she's never been invited back? despite every single other person who contributed those in those 2 weeks has?

20220803_191119.jpg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 60
So well explained @TheDragonWithAFlagon . Thank you. And as a parent to two autistic boys, one of who faces struggles daily due to sensory processing disorder, thank you for explaining exactly what the struggle is like. I wish I could share this with teachers, relatives and HCP to help them understand what he is going through x
If you wanted to take out the sweary stuff, I'm perfectly happy for you to do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Grunking - Probably not the most relevant point, and someone's most likely already raised it:

I'm sorry but did you say the Ripper Museum???
Yeah. I know of this squig, through music weirdly. She’s great. I’d love to see Jack take her on

Reactions: 17
Wow, its really happening Ninnies! Aneurysms all round! I’m not sure I’ll ever catch up but you guys have me HOOTING!

I honestly can’t believe she’s hoisted herself on her own leotard after all. The last 72 hours will be one of those “where were you when…” moments. BANGING!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Are the doting squigs all going to rally round her and get her into a new show? 🤣 Now that would be 😙👌 except the Beeb won't touch her with a 7 foot pole.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Does anyone want to make a new thread? If not I’ll do so, but I honestly don’t know where to start with a recap.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm just posting this again 🥰.
I still think all of this is because she thought she could become a foster career after attending the online event, then reality was presented to her and in her frustration it became a big beg along her usual theme of downsizing for a forever home.

Then because she couldn’t resist she threw in her greatest hits: lightbulbs, pawnbrokers even a mention of what she seems to think is the most emotive element of the story “ more jam mama”

Now she is shocked at the fallout and is replying to people with; well the watch was only £600 not £6000 and I’m not a millionaire, because I’m not sure she has even grasped what the issue is.

Reactions: 29
I’ve left the name intact because the poster has 13.6k followers and I believe we are allowed to post anyone over 10k. If I’m wrong I’ll delete and repost. The mood on the thread can best be described as white hot fury.

6DD914EE-7D8B-4B62-AA31-BF54817D1221.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 123
Just unbelievable but there are lots of other deludeds in the replies asking for crowdfunders or linking to patroen/PayPal.
That is not going to help the situation on Twitter die down, if people are starting to fling cash at her again! Really not a good look for her. That guy may have just thrown petrol on a dying bonfire there.

Reactions: 38
Wow, its really happening Ninnies! Aneurysms all round! I’m not sure I’ll ever catch up but you guys have me HOOTING!

I honestly can’t believe she’s hoisted herself on her own leotard after all. The last 72 hours will be one of those “where were you when…” moments. BANGING!!!
Hoisted on her own leotard thread title!

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.