Jack Monroe #347 Nationalise Patreon!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
14 1/2 stone, size 16 here 👋🏼
size and weight don’t always correlate.
I know but I was just trying to say that the post about Jack's claim to be able to carry a 15kg dog and the speculation about her weight were rubbish.

Reactions: 13
14 1/2 stone, size 16 here 👋🏼
size and weight don’t always correlate.
Agree … when I was a size 10 I was 10.5st

now 16-18 and 15.5st

(am attempting to lose weight, down from 19st so far)
but averages have to come from somewhere 😉

thought I’d chuck my thoughts in, as waiting patiently for the big news!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I'm so bleeping angry, about everything
Am glad there's a shiny new thread starting imminently as I hope my rage will have calmed by that time
<Rocky punching (night) meat gif here

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Weight is an irrelevance Fraus.

The only real question is how many of you Jack could carry on her shoulders to Asda.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
This has left me wondering about how heavy dogs can get-

“The English Mastiff is officially the world's biggest dog breed, weighing as much as 200 pounds. According to the Guinness Book of Records, an English Mastiff dog called Zorba weighed in at 142.7kg and stood 27 inches high in 1981. “

I wonder if Jack could bench press it?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
This has left me wondering about how heavy dogs can get-

“The English Mastiff is officially the world's biggest dog breed, weighing as much as 200 pounds. According to the Guinness Book of Records, an English Mastiff dog called Zorba weighed in at 142.7kg and stood 27 inches high in 1981. “

I wonder if Jack could bench press it?
How many sideboards is that?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Oooh. Before the thread locks - I think it was @FunnyFuneral mentioned evaporated milk and jelly pudding last night? We used to have it as kids and it's called Flummery 🙂. If Mum was feeling fancy, she used the syrup/juice from tinned raspberries to make the jelly then stirred the drained fruit through the pudding.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm behind so apologies if already addressed...
When the invasion of Ukraine happened Jack forgot to mention it on Twitter. Probably because it wasn't important to her and she couldn't grift anything out of it. Then we started mentioning that the whole world was offering support to Ukraine and Ukrainians, be it offering a space in your home or supporting Ukrainian artists etc.
A couple of weeks later Jack decided she was the most supportive of supporters of Ukrainian people, so supportive she included absolutely all of Eastern Europe AND ALWAYS HAD DONE. She posted a list of her most favourite Eastern European cook books which she hadn't just googled or anything.
Halfway down was a book called 'Georgian Church Suppers '. A squig dared to comment something along the lines of 'a church book? Really? ' and Jack went on a lovely little tweetalong about how it was AN ABSOLUTE BANGER and church ladies always do the best cook books. Apparently Jack always used this as a 'go to' book and it was her favourite book from the country of Georgia.
Anyway, someone googled it and it turned out it was actually a book from the American state of Georgia and was full of recipes about BBQ and grits and food from the deep south, nothing to do with the Eastern European country AND JACK WAS LYING. She then backpeddled and just deleted everything.
It was a truly marvellous day.
This is a perfect summary, thank you for all you do x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I have nothing of value to add but just wanted to get in before the thread locks... ps Jack is a twit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.