Jack Monroe #347 Nationalise Patreon!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
45kg is a large amount of dog - it's about just about 7 stone I think. Most adult women within the normal height range don't weigh barely 7 stone.
I don’t think this is correct, and potentially quite triggering/ dangerous to say. It’s a large amount of dog, sure. It’s not much adult human though.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
No? When????
Think it was before your time Hotes. Around the time of the shed/Lingreenie. Someone claimed to be Eamonn's cousin but no-one believed them. Then iirc someone triangled a follower of Eamonn on SM who fitted the same criteria and did indeed appear to be his cousin.
Happy days.

The peach curry really gets me.
I’ve read so many things over the years about Indian/Asian chefs scratching their heads about British school dinner curry which when I was young had apple cubes and sultanas in it and I think this wasn’t traditional and then she puts bloody peaches in it with a tiny bit of curry powder. I loved Eamonn Holmes saying it tasted exotic 😂😂😂
Remember Eamonn’s cousin on this thread? That was a random plot twist 😂
Banana on curry was definitely a thing in the 70s. I feel queasy thinking about it.

• Sick
Reactions: 33
I don’t think this is correct, and potentially quite triggering/ dangerous to say. It’s a large amount of dog, sure. It’s not much adult human though.
I haven’t weighed 7 stone since I was in high school. It’s not an average or normal weight for an average adult woman at all. It’s about 45kg and only 98lbs.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Do you think Jack is waiting for the new thread before posting her where I am at essay?
No, she'll wait till just before so the start of the new thread is chaos!
Or, she's totally forgotten that she promised to bazinger everyone / can't be bothered to finish the piece

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Is she waiting for a new thread before hitting the 'publish' button?

Love Island is on later and it's the family visits so I'll be BUSY alright, pal.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Didn’t happen. If it had, strikers would have been thanking her for all she does all over the hellscape haunted bird app.
Does she really think shes famoud enough to cause a hoohah. Nah mate, no one would probably even notice and obviously didnt, of you did.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Think it was before your time Hotes. Around the time of the shed/Lingreenie. Someone claimed to be Eamonn's cousin but no-one believed them. Then iirc someone triangled a follower of Eamonn on SM who fitted the same criteria and did indeed appear to be his cousin.
Happy days.

Banana on curry was definitely a thing in the 70s. I feel queasy thinking about it.
We used to have sliced bananas, sultanas, desiccated coconut, sliced onion and chopped eggs in little dishes to add to curry in the 70's.

I have a vague idea that this was more a Malaysian thing? The side dishes were called 'boys', I think 🤔. Named because the boy servants used to pass the condiments around. So you'd have 3 boy, 5 boy or 10 boy (and so on) curry. Obviously we didn't have servants! I'm off to google this because I fear I may have made it up 😬.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I think you may have misread it (I did first time) they are saying most women don't weigh barely 7 stone ie hardly any women weigh 7 stone or less ie jack is talking nonsense when she is saying content will weigh as much as her.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Yeah Jack herself barely weighs 7 stone. Smol pixie that she is

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Apologies if I wasn't clear. I was trying to make the point that the way Jack phrased it was very triggering ie that her fully grown dog would weight the same as her. She has a breed of dog that will reach 7 stones tops. That is not a healthy weight for the vast majority of women and it is vastly irresponsible of Jack to try and imply she weighs 7 stones. Apologies again for confusion.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
Apologies if I wasn't clear. I was trying to make the point that the way Jack phrased it was very triggering ie that her fully grown dog would weight the same as her. She has a breed of dog that will reach 7 stones tops. That is not a healthy weight for the vast majority of women and it is vastly irresponsible of Jack to try and imply she weighs 7 stones. Apologies again for confusion.
Ah! That makes sense now! In my defence I’m drinking rum.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
We used to have sliced bananas, sultanas, desiccated coconut, sliced onion and chopped eggs in little dishes to add to curry in the 70's.

I have a vague idea that this was more a Malaysian thing? The side dishes were called 'boys', I think 🤔. Named because the boy servants used to pass the condiments around. So you'd have 3 boy, 5 boy or 10 boy (and so on) curry. Obviously we didn't have servants! I'm off to google this because I fear I may have made it up 😬.
Yup. Curry (Vesta obviously) rice then little bowls on the side that you helped yourself to. Banana, sultanas and coconut. With teeny tiny crispy things that I'm guessing were supposed to be poppadoms.
The boy thing rings a bell too! I'm guessing from my grandparents' and great aunt/uncle's history is was from time spent in Africa and what is now Pakistan. They probably stuck to English food and this was as close to local cuisine as they got.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

God knows where or why I store this crap in my head but I WASN'T MAKING IT UP!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.