Jack Monroe #333 Bootsnack crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mirtazapine is bloody strong. I was on it and just wanted to sleep all the time. Gained weight like crazy too. I honestly don’t know how people function on it as I felt I just existed from nap to nap.

I know it can sometimes be prescribed alongside other drugs for someone having trouble sleeping. I wonder if the sertraline was making her bounce off the walls so they gave her the Mirtazapine. But then what about the ADHD meds? I hope she’s not doctor shopping or seeing a private and an NHS doctor, as that sort of combo sounds dangerous.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
She posted in the last few weeks that she had made very little money, not enough to pay tax in one year. There was much discussion over whether this was as an individual or a company. I remember her stating that she did not owe a penny in tax. So is she separating out fines and payments on account from owing tax? Confusing.
So how could she afford the doggo? Glastonbury tickets she didn't use etc

Reactions: 18
Yep I was gonna say she’s deffo not taking ADHD meds if she’s on sertraline and an SSRI. Then again I’m not convinced she wasn’t just doctor-shopping for stimulants in the first place.

She’d probably be best (as a self-described addict) to be on an SNRI to manage her mood and her ADHD symptoms at the same time. But that would rely on her being honest about what is a symptom and what is just her being a workshy tosser so I can’t imagine any of her meds reviews go particularly well.
A private doctor wouldn't necessarily know she was on SSRIs if she didn't tell them.

• Sad
Reactions: 34
I'm still not sure that OH ever existed. Even if they are not on SM, they must have friends who are, and announcing to her followers that they are coming to visit seems really off .

• Sad
She’s said before that the lovely accountant is or was a Sunday school teacher. Perhaps they’ll pray for forgiveness by the HMRC, amen.
Possibly Big Daves accountant then and a family friend. I reckon she’ll conveniently dissolve the company: she probably set it up during a period of arrogance when she thought she was gonna be a TV star and forgot that it would require financial transparency. Strikes me as the kind of thing LJC would’ve suggested she do. Probably regrets it now.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Possibly Big Daves accountant then and a family friend. I reckon she’ll conveniently dissolve the company: she probably set it up during a period of arrogance when she thought she was gonna be a TV star and forgot that it would require financial transparency. Strikes me as the kind of thing LJC would’ve suggested she do. Probably regrets it now.
I have a strong suspicion the company was a birthday present, it's about the right time.

• Wow
Reactions: 32
Mirtazapine is a high-risk medicine for patients with a history of ED, as it increases appetite by a frankly alarming extent. When you're on it, it feels like your satiety signals have just been turned off. Non-stop hunger.

In my case, it triggered a huge relapse. I never saw the doctor who prescribed it again, but the next doctor I saw apologised profusely and agreed that I should never have been given it, due to my history. And my bulimia was never classified as SEVERE, unlike Jack's anorexia.

It also makes you constantly drowsy. All you want to do is eat and sleep...not stay up until 4am tweeting.

Obviously Jack lies about having had an ED, and she's lying about being on mirtazapine. But Jack, next time? Lie better x
I started out on mirtazapine, it was chosen because a side effect is that it pretty much knocks you out and after surviving on 2/3/4 hours sleep a night it was a god send. The weight gain though, still there 6 years later.

• Sad
  • Heart
She really needs an option for buy a nice cake and some biscuits because all of those people have suffered enough.

Disappointed Harold has been guilt tripped into coming round. He's making the most terrible mistake.
He went round??

Reactions: 11
Harold, for the love of god, send someone else round to collect your stuff. You need a clean severing of all ties.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Oh I’m sorry the excuse was meant for HMRC, not you! Like it’s unforgivable she’s been allowed to not pay tax for this amount of time. Last night I watched a bbc documentary on that poor little boy Logan and social services are so understaffed and underfunded there’s 51,000 children currently at risk from their caregivers. HMRC can’t sit on their arses doing nothing the country is a hellhole and everyone needs to be paying their bit.
Unfortunately, and like every other civil service department, HMRC staff numbers have been dramatically reduced over the last decade. The UK tax system is entirely predicated on “process now / check later” and it is VERY difficult to track people who don’t engage.

• Sad
Lots of TV folks have limited companies which is (iirc) why there was a bit of a kerfuffle around employed/self-employed status and all of the ir35 a few years ago.

I bet LJC has a company and probably talked about it with TV pals around jack. Having one would be a status symbol, but I can't imagine for a second her keeping up with the admin.

I don't think she's clever enough to be playing the system I think she just doesn't do anything with invoices, receipts etc.

I wonder if some of the bigger appearances like DKL which were in LJC period were done via onabootstrap ltd, but later stuff wasn't?

• Heart
I have a strong suspicion the company was a birthday present, it's about the right time.
How would that work sorry? I know nothing about stuff like this. Could someone set a company up for her then give it to her?

I'm still not sure that OH ever existed. Even if they are not on SM, they must have friends who are, and announcing to her followers that they are coming to visit seems really off .
I've always thought he did exist but the recent posts are so...off.

Most people in a breakup/who still think about their ex, want their ex to think they are doing just fine without them, but Jack is advertising that she's a wreck. Unless it's an attempt to guilt trip him to coming back. But even Jack must realise that doesn't work?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
How would that work sorry? I know nothing about stuff like this. Could someone set a company up for her then give it to her?

Most people in a breakup/who still think about their ex, want their ex to think they are doing just fine without them, but Jack is advertising that she's a wreck. Unless it's an attempt to guilt trip him to coming back. But even Jack must realise that doesn't work?
Didn't LJC go back for a while, even if it was "just" as bubble buddies. Jack is nothing if not manipulative.

Reactions: 48
She could be trying to make him feel guilty for making her feel this way, even if it's not to make him come back. It's just to make him feel worse 🙄

Why is Jack offering up recipes that require an absolute ton of butter, when we all know that butter is currently more expensive than liquid gold?

• Haha
Reactions: 60

She is trying to make him feel guilty and responsible for her. I think it worked with LJC to a certain degree. It’s quite common with narcs making you feel like they are vulnerable and can’t cope without you so they can hoover you back in.

Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.