Jack Monroe #333 Bootsnack crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No you’re along the right lines the last strike off basically said there’s outstanding business with the company.

Idk maybe it’s true, maybe even if you owe them tens of thousands (which it will be, per year, easily) and just ignore it this is what happens. Which is just mental - she semi regularly tweets about honours and running as an MP? Like what, whilst you owe the state £££? Okay hun!
I’m also so fascinated by this but I know of 3 people in recent years who had company strike offs, didn’t pay the corporation tax or VAT that was owed because they simply didn’t file their accounts and all were able to open new companies almost immediately. How in the hell does that work? I owe corporation tax as a hangover from Covid but because I’ve filed everything properly they’re coming after me.
It seems to me that if you don’t file, then they don’t know what you owe and then your company gets dissolved and all is well you can start afresh! Madness

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Completely agree. Are we also seeing a return of Religious Jack (Sunday School Jack?) with the God mention? I think most severely depressed people would sacrifice their buttery miso soup in exchange for decent mental health, but I am not God's Messenger so what do I know.
There’s been a partial return to God Jack ever since she started cosplaying AA Jack in earnest. But I find the way she talks about God to be deeply delusional and a tad disturbing. I’ve met people like her, who claim faith when it suits them but behave as though God exists purely to elevate and justify them and their nefarious deeds. At the same time they tend to conveniently forget the injunction to humility and the vital importance of loving your neighbour as yourself ie treating others with love dignity and respect. Such people tend to have deep seated psychological issues in my experience

• Heart
Reactions: 50
She’s said before that the lovely accountant is or was a Sunday school teacher. Perhaps they’ll pray for forgiveness by the HMRC, amen.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
This may have already been said, I’m on a grunk between sets in the gym 😂 but accountants don’t check or sign off accounts, they prepare the accounts and it’s up to the director/company owner to check and sign them off (usually digitally through their accountants system). The accountant then submits to hmrc.

I’ve just received a letter saying my company owes an additional £150. Queried with the accountant who spoke to hmrc and it turns out because I extended my accounting period by 5 months, hmrc believe I filed 5 months late and owe this extra fee, despite the fact that I paid the tax on the day it was due (according to new accounting period). I went through the right process to extend the accounting period so hmrc are investigating and will be in touch within 6 weeks. She’s got 3 years of non-payment which will be fines and interest (currently 1p a day Fact Fans), hmrc will not look favourably on this.

• Heart
Another Suitcase in Another Hall is on the Now 90s channel. There’s no escape. She’s everywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Mirtazapine is a high-risk medicine for patients with a history of ED, as it increases appetite by a frankly alarming extent. When you're on it, it feels like your satiety signals have just been turned off. Non-stop hunger.

In my case, it triggered a huge relapse. I never saw the doctor who prescribed it again, but the next doctor I saw apologised profusely and agreed that I should never have been given it, due to my history. And my bulimia was never classified as SEVERE, unlike Jack's anorexia.

It also makes you constantly drowsy. All you want to do is eat and sleep...not stay up until 4am tweeting.

Obviously Jack lies about having had an ED, and she's lying about being on mirtazapine. But Jack, next time? Lie better x

• Heart
Reactions: 87
Her comment about Patreon is a bit disingenuous given that she only started talking about her depression yesterday ? I mean @heretoreaditall2019 said the patreons pay out at months end so of course she wouldn’t have had any donations yesterday?

Anyway I find the way she talked about her Depression (capitalised D cos it’s Jack, so her despression is more severe that anyone else’s) to be pretty offensively glib. Severe depression ruins your life and the lives of your dependants. It doesn’t make you skip around blending chicken and arguing on Twitter.

Also the way she talks about God makes me feel quite uncomfortable. God gave me the Depression so I could invent a new form of miso soup and bring it to the world. You are not God’s full time job, Jack. He’s not allowing you to be sacrificed to redeem the world. That part has already happened. You may have heard about it, it’s quite a popular story at Easter time.

I mean, arrogance or what?!
Agree with everything you said. And also, again, when talking about things not going her way, Jack refers to God as “she”.

Reactions: 31
249EAB5F-3192-4B76-9536-7B1242D5FFD2.jpeg
Well this squig has lucked out as there’s not a single solid recipe in the back catalogue.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
I’m not trying to make excuses. I was surprised when she implied that she had filed her self assessment returns whilst the company returns have continued to remain outstanding.
HMRC don’t routinely look at bank accounts nor is it anything to do with them not needing the money. She will owe thousands in penalties.
I don’t know how corporation tax works. I was trying to understand Jack’s lies and convoluted stories. I spend most of my working life trying to understand why people don’t take responsibility for themselves and it will tie you up in knots. It’s a regular occurrence and Jack isn’t the only one. 🔺
Oh I’m sorry the excuse was meant for HMRC, not you! Like it’s unforgivable she’s been allowed to not pay tax for this amount of time. Last night I watched a bbc documentary on that poor little boy Logan and social services are so understaffed and underfunded there’s 51,000 children currently at risk from their caregivers. HMRC can’t sit on their arses doing nothing the country is a hellhole and everyone needs to be paying their bit.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
I'm grunking but has her accountant been in her vagina? Or is she forgetting her own cake rule?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Mirtazapine is a high-risk medicine for patients with a history of ED, as it increases appetite by a frankly alarming extent. When you're on it, it feels like your satiety signals have just been turned off. Non-stop hunger.

In my case, it triggered a huge relapse. I never saw the doctor who prescribed it again, but the next doctor I saw apologised profusely and agreed that I should never have been given it, due to my history. And my bulimia was never classified as SEVERE, unlike Jack's anorexia.

It also makes you constantly drowsy. All you want to do is eat and sleep...not stay up until 4am tweeting.

Obviously Jack lies about having had an ED, and she's lying about being on mirtazapine. But Jack, next time? Lie better x
Thanks CL for saying this. I started to write a bit about Mirtazapine but you’ve said it much better than I could (I didn’t want to look like I was having a jibe about her weight.

I’m sorry you were put in that position lovely.

Mirtazapine is an anti-d I’ve never been given because I’ve struggled with my weight for a long time - a comfort eater who will eat when I’m not even hungry does not need to be put on something that will increase me appetite.

Some Doctors are weird. I’m looked after (in a loose sense of the phrase) by a Psychiatrist and he insisted on putting me on Lithium. I gave it a good go but gained a lot of weight and didn’t actually feel any better for it. It was only when the Psychiatrist LEFT that I got the change I requested)

As always though, I take everything Jack says with a big pinch of salt

• Heart
The mirtazapine isn’t Ritalin though)?

however, my partner got switched a few months back from the sertraline to mirtazapine so I find it odd someone would be taking both together?
I take both sertraline and mirtazapine prescribed by a NHS psychiatrist .My Gp can prescribe diazapam if I need it but I'm monitored to check my dosage is helping and not causing too many side effects

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I’m also so fascinated by this but I know of 3 people in recent years who had company strike offs, didn’t pay the corporation tax or VAT that was owed because they simply didn’t file their accounts and all were able to open new companies almost immediately. How in the hell does that work? I owe corporation tax as a hangover from Covid but because I’ve filed everything properly they’re coming after me.
It seems to me that if you don’t file, then they don’t know what you owe and then your company gets dissolved and all is well you can start afresh! Madness
There’s definitely been bbc/ch4 docs on this before. Companies house is a madness anyone can spin up a company in the UK, there’s no checks to make sure barred directors haven’t reopened a company, etc etc.

Jake Hall from TOWIE opened prevu clothing and if you look at that on companies house it’s MESS, he’s been caught out in every which way to the point where god knows what he was living like to have so many notices on his company, but he’s just had his mum open a similarly named one and is still trading under that. If a mithering ninny can spot that why can’t CH/HMRC?

I’m sorry covid has done this to you though dear heart, and it’s disgraceful of HMRC as people in your situation should be given all the leniency and support they can as you’ve done your bit and reported what’s owed because you want to pay it back… it’s insane you’d have been better off doing a Jackie and just sitting on your arse doing nothing? 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don’t believe she’ll report actual income going back 3 years, she’ll pretend it was all so little that’s why she never bothered filing. She’ll get off of paying tens and tens and tens of thousands, easily. Disgusting tbh!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Jack is well-known so it would be difficult for her to say she hasn't made any money in the last 3 years. If you add up all the TV appearances, book sales, Patreon, PayPal etc it would be quite a bit. Question is how much is put through the limited company. Could be that she set the company up but never did anything with it over the years and it was dormant, in which case it can be shut down without too much fuss. But if she's been paying herself dividends but not filing accounts or keeping proper records then it's a different matter.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

*mention of weight below/possible ED triggers*

When did Jack talk about Mirtazapine? I'm not properly caught up with this thread.

I was on Mirtazapine for a while. It wasn't a pleasant medication because it caused weird sleep hallucinations, among other interesting side effects. It was prescribed as an antidepressant, but the GP chose that specific med because I was underweight at the time and had stopped eating. It's the only time in my life when I've properly gained weight. The increase in appetite was huge. I also have a friend who suffered from anorexia and she relapsed after taking Mirtazapine due to the weight gain. It seems to have that effect on everybody who takes it.

The point about making you constantly drowsy is also true, especially on the lowest dose (for some reason the higher dose doesn't cause as much drowsiness). For that reason, it can be useful when people are struggling with insomnia alongside depression - though, in my case, it made me sleep for about 15-17 hours a day so good thing I wasn't working! 😬 I'm not sure how people manage if they take Mirtazapine and have to get up for work the next morning.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Gosh just got up. She's in a right pickle isn't she.

Perhaps rather than Looking for love on the net, get on to your accounts pet. Sort your self out.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I don’t really know what I am saying here but here goes.

I love the fact that there is so much openness about medication and MH now. It takes away the stigma. Particularly over drugs such as lithium that used to have such negative connotations surrounding them.

However, the way that Jack throws around so flippantly what she is taking and in what combinations as though they are her magic beans (but quite obviously they aren’t, because her behaviour online is still very worrying), is damaging to the community out there.

The drug I take for my clusters are horrid. They have horrid side effects. But they help. Most of the time. At higher doses (for other conditions) they save lives. Lots of people can’t take them because of the side effects. I tried tricyclics but couldn’t last on them. For others (for pain and depression) they too are life-savers.

The way our bodies metabolise specific drugs is so unique we can’t rely on a lying grifter for medication advice. She never, ever adds to her tweets that what helps her might not be helpful to others, that she has had the privilege of PHS, that people need to find their own journey and her combination of medication might not work for everyone.

She is getting tweets from very vulnerable people at the moment. She is very vulnerable too. She should not be tweeting about medication or MH advice to these people.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.