Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
‘A seething angry goblin atop the pumble of doom’ has to be a thread nomination.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
So does this mean that Billy Bragg’s DM to Jack was not so much of a “Please enrich my act with your musical genius” and more of a “Er, I’m flattered you asked to reprise our duo, Jack, but the sound techs said it won’t be possible. Or something. But I’d have loved to, honest!”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
So she didn’t show for Glastonbury, she didn’t talk at the strikes as invited, she has mentioned neither the by elections or the tit show in America and I’m guessing she’s not met up with the head of Sainsburies yet either.

it’s a hard life when your 120hour working week doesn’t give you time to do your job….
I thought she said she had been working hard therefore the forever home only a few years away. You can't earn if you dont show petal!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Dear Jack,

I hope you are well. Did you get my last email? If so, sorry for the abrupt tone. I wonder if some wires were crossed...

I hear you didn’t appear at the Glastonbury Festival – what a shame. But all is not lost. Why? I'll tell you...

I was looking up some old videos on Youtube earlier while Maureen was at the wellness centre (she is having some problems with her bunions) and found a video of you singing with Billy Bragg. Can’t believe no one liked or commented on it, I personally found it very powerful. I’ve always said you had a set of pipes on you, and I have to say that seeing you up there moved something in me, and not just a sense of pride. You know I’m a hippie at heart, something that I always felt you really understood.

Your happy little face on stage brought back some good memories… Remember the Lidl car park after 8pm?! Cleaning cupboard at Southend Golf Club? I sometimes wish you’d sing Celine Dion for me again…!

Anyway, I meant to say that Maureen is out on Friday afternoons with her nudist painting club, so if you wanted to pop round you’re welcome to do so… I've got a little arrangement with the neighbour, you're welcome to pitch in with us. Free love!

Toot toot,

Harold

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
My daughter and I did go to see Weezer, Fall Out Boy and Green Day this weekend though which was cancelled twice due to covid. Well worth the wait. Flushing toilets, no camping. Ahhhh wonderful!

ETA: no debate from a certain person either. Winning!
My daughter went to that and said it was absolutely amazing.

And if I ever go to a festival again it will be either in a caravan or campervan with toilet and shower!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I am very glad to have been wrong on this one! 🙂 Jack, when you catch up with this, thanks for not being the world’s worst piece of tit and abandoning your new puppy for some Glasto self-publicity. I really thought you were going to. This is probably the first unshitty thing you have done for years, and it must have been very hard for you to put someone else first for once. Maybe there is a glimmer of hope for the poor dog after all.
I still don’t think she gives a tit about the pup. She very often doesn’t bother showing up for gigs. It was probably just a complete lack of organisation.

I think she will make a song and dance about solidarity with train strikes as her excuse.

Reactions: 30
Well, having watched the video of her on stage I think I’ve realised why she didn’t go. It’s one of two things.

She’s furious because she thinks she should be headlining the main stage this year.
Or…
She is too scared to attend in case that creature makes its home on her head again.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Dear Jack,

I hope you are well. Did you get my last email? If so, sorry for the abrupt tone. I wonder if some wires were crossed...

I hear you didn’t appear at the Glastonbury Festival – what a shame. But all is not lost. Why? I'll tell you...

I was looking up some old videos on Youtube earlier while Maureen was at the wellness centre (she is having some problems with her bunions) and found a video of you singing with Billy Bragg. Can’t believe no one liked or commented on it, I personally found it very powerful. I’ve always said you had a set of pipes on you, and I have to say that seeing you up there moved something in me, and not just a sense of pride. You know I’m a hippie at heart, something that I always felt you really understood.

Your happy little face on stage brought back some good memories… Remember the Lidl car park after 8pm?! Cleaning cupboard at Southend Golf Club? I sometimes wish you’d sing Celine Dion for me again…!

Anyway, I meant to say that Maureen is out on Friday afternoons with her nudist painting club, so if you wanted to pop round you’re welcome to do so… I've got a little arrangement with the neighbour, you're welcome to pitch in with us. Free love!

Toot toot,

Harold

Careful Harold, you’re playing with fire.

Maureen won’t have to back a third time. She will run off with Geoff to the caravan in Rhyl

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I have been asleep for a bit as I have been struck down with the Covids. What chaos have I missed from the Slop Gibbon?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She probably assumed she would get a lift to Glasto with Harold (because he was her cost free chauffeur in his big car obvs). Harold LEFT ergo no glasto

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Dear Jack,

Toot toot,

Harold

God Almighty 😳 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Can’t find the post in this thread (or I’m too lazy too look). But it was commented on that Jack hasn’t shared the tweet by her publisher about being at an event to promote her book.

Is the reason she hasn’t shared it because she knows she will duck that event too?
It's hard to say. Jack doesn't often retweet others, even when they're referring to her. She seems to prefer retweeting herself 🤷

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.