Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if she thought she needed to make a big song and dance about the split with Harold to have an excuse for not attending this weekend, not realising that not one person would Tweet wondering where she was 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I know that the word narcissist is thrown out left right and centre these days but I genuinely think she has narcissistic personality disorder. I don’t think she is capable of self reflection. I think she genuinely convinces herself that she is justified in the things that she does. I think anyone not blowing smoke up her arse is seen as her enemy. Any constructive criticism is taken as an attack. When things don’t go her way she doesn’t have the ability to reflect on her role and take responsibility for her choices and actions, she thinks she is the victim.

I think she is a covert/vulnerable narcissist and can appear empathetic but it’s not genuine. I think it’s all done to manipulate for her own benefit. These types of narcissists can be very convincing when you first meet them and when you start questioning things you doubt yourself as you keep remembering the nice them from the love bombing stage.

I think the most dangerous thing with Jack is that she has this platform that gives her access to lots of people. I don’t think she will change, how people view and respond to her will need to change and sadly at this stage I can’t see that it will as she seems to get away with all kinds of crap!
i can’t remember the classifications of narcissists off hand but if covert narcissist is the one where they get their supply by pretending to be an oppressed victim, then yes bang on. I’m not really sure she’s capable of self reflection either. This would mean that the 12 steps would not work for such a person because step 4, which is pivotal, requires a lot of deep and quite dispassionate self reflection. If you do it right you end up with a really naked view of your own faults and weaknesses, there is no room for deflection and excuse making. It’s very cathartic, but difficult.

this is why people with certain mental health conditions in AA often find the steps don’t work for them unless they are also getting professional outside help for the MH condition. You can’t do self reflection if your brain chemicals won’t let you do it for whatever reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
There must be another reason she didn’t go. She didn’t put the puppy first, that not how she operates.
I'm thinking that she would have been planning to go with 'OH' & when the split happenned she had no-one else to go with. To be fair, cancelling due to personal circumstances would be perfectly acceptable if this was a normal person. which she is not, so she pulled the pick up date of dog forward & made a big distracting song & dance & probably didnt even let organisers know.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I think this too. It’s so weird that she hasn’t even tweeted something like “I am very sorry but due to unforeseen circumstances I won’t be attending today’s event“.
My theory is that she generally goes quiet online when she has dropped out of an event, missed a deadline or is wanting to get out of something different. First, to perhaps suggest she's just been too BUSY. Or secondly to also suggest she has bad mentals / the lights are off. She is not daft enough to think she can use either excuse & then continue tweeting at her usual pace.

Reactions: 55
It's a new thread. Boo, I guess?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.