Jack Monroe #328 Something went wrong. Try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
if you take all that stuff away what does a social media manager actually do? genuinely asking not trying to be a dick.
In my experience working with social media managers / directors everyday, it's community management on multiple feeds, content creation, content monitoring and longer term strategising. You also have to factor in paid activity, so audience building, ad creation, ad management, results evaluation for both paid and organic etc...

Often you'll find brands want five posts per week per channel and calendars drafted three to four weeks in advance at a time. Social media copywriting in a way that matches a brand's wider personality / audience is a very specific skillset that lots of people think they could do, but very few actually can.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
if you take all that stuff away what does a social media manager actually do? genuinely asking not trying to be a dick.
But all of that stuff is what a social media manager does. The role isn't just writing and posting stuff. It's creating strategies (paid and organic), doing community management, networking with accounts who will amplify you, creating multimedia content (video, infographics, imagery), evaluating and reporting.... And the writing isn't just banging out anything... most posts are carefully constructed and scheduled at the right time.

It's a full time job and an under resourced and under appreciated one tbh. Despite being essential for any business to consumer or business to business brand.

When I think of Social Media Managers tho I don't think of "influencers" like Jack but people who look after corporate social media accounts.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Thinking that a £38 vase is cheap is why you are tit with money and your rent keep bouncing. Top tip hun x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
I just thought Jack was flying a bit close to the S-C-A-M word with that one.

Good social media managers are worth their weight in gold. Jack should get one.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Shame Jack can’t risk getting that vase in gold , just in case Big Dave sees it and gives himself an aneurism from laughter

• Haha
Reactions: 43
she won’t be able to resist
Earlier today I was genuinely eyeing up the jumper that Princess Diana wore, but choked when I saw how much it was. Probably time I set up a patreon. Send casheos.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I think we know who called the police, a Jack baked good on your doorstep could easily be mistaken for a death threat.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.