Jack Monroe #327 Three and a half stars on Wikifeet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Matt Tebbutt is coming to visit a town near me for a food festival.

I’m 100% going to find him and ask him how he felt about working with JM 😂
I've just watched episode 9 of DKL because the watch along thread is so funny.
He was on his penultimate episode and had nearly 2 weeks of her nonsense. His whole demeanour was of someone approaching the end of a marathon. Almost like he'd had a pep talk to himself in the corridor, or maybe from Mrs Matt or the director.
'Mate, we're nearly there, just today and tomorrow and you've made it'
The first episode is also magnificent. It starts with such promise and then you can actually see the light leaving his eyes when it dawns on him just how bad she is. The middle episodes go downhill from him tolerating her to just staring at her like he can't believe this is actually happening.
It is hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Jack's reactivation/deactivation cycle is akin to me on MSN in Year 9, frantically logging in and out and editing Paramore lyrics into my bio so people in the year above would slide into my convo.

• Haha
Reactions: 74
Am I real or is Jack real?

I had met Louisa a few times. She was lovely. She seemed calm and stable. Very competent. But she didn't like everything being posted on social media and being referred to it on there constantly.

Yes, Jack was a mess when she left. I think it was both Louisa leaving and also losing the life Jack thought she was going to have with Louisa. She didn't hide that she thought it would bring her success and connections. She was in love with the idea of being married to Louisa and Louisa's job.

The thing with Jack is that if her partners had plans that didn't involve her you could guarantee she'd have a mental health crisis as soon as they'd gone out. So every time they would have to leave their friends to go back and look after her. It soon got tiring for them. She didn't like them having social lives without her and got jealous. An ex of hers described her as suffocating.
Did you ever meet Old Harold (OH) or believe they exist?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Jack's reactivation/deactivation cycle is akin to me on MSN in Year 9, frantically logging in and out and editing Paramore lyrics into my bio so people in the year above would slide into my convo.
Babe, same. Except I would put Britney/nsync lyrics because I thought it made me look cute and flirty

Do you trust Jack’s sense of smell though?

She thinks this concoction is fine to eat.

View attachment 1363871
what. The duck. Is that. It looks like overnight oat slop with capers and an egg.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Did you ever meet Old Harold (OH) or believe they exist?
I didn't. I do believe they exist because Jack bounces from relationship to relationship. I wish she would be single for a good long while because she needs it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Babe, same. Except I would put Britney/nsync lyrics because I thought it made me look cute and flirty

what. The duck. Is that. It looks like overnight oat slop with capers and an egg.
There used to be a little box under your profile pic on Facebook that you could add stuff to circa 2010. I once put the lyrics to a Saturday's song in there. I was 45.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
She's up to 4 now 🤣🤣
This happens every time someone deactivates. It takes ages for everything to sync back up.

Jack, just delete the app next time. Everything will be as normal when you reinstall it but no one will know you've gone. People can still tag you but you won't get a stack of embarrassing mentions asking where you are... AGAIN x

Reactions: 31
I've just watched episode 9 of DKL because the watch along thread is so funny.
He was on his penultimate episode and had nearly 2 weeks of her nonsense. His whole demeanour was of someone approaching the end of a marathon. Almost like he'd had a pep talk to himself in the corridor, or maybe from Mrs Matt or the director.
'Mate, we're nearly there, just today and tomorrow and you've made it'
The first episode is also magnificent. It starts with such promise and then you can actually see the light leaving his eyes when it dawns on him just how bad she is. The middle episodes go downhill from him tolerating her to just staring at her like he can't believe this is actually happening.
It is hilarious.
I didn’t have much time for Matt or Saturday Kitchen before DKL but I watch it most weeks now. I’m fascinated by the fact that he seems to thrive on a bit of chaos because it very much confirms that Jack’s energy is a huge drain on any room. Jack thinks she has a charming quirky energy (a la Paloma Faith) when really she’s FunSponge SquarePants.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I didn't. I do believe they exist because Jack bounces from relationship to relationship. I wish she would be single for a good long while because she needs it.
Do you think she was single after Louisa left until Jack met her last partner? I'd personally like to know the relationship she has with her sons dad but that might be too personal to share on here. I would also like to know how her son is because she seems to use him as a prop for cash and sympathy. She seems to have as much interest in him as she had in Dash.

I'd also be interested to know why her family enable her lies particularly her parents

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I didn’t have much time for Matt or Saturday Kitchen before DKL but I watch it most weeks now. I’m fascinated by the fact that he seems to thrive on a bit of chaos because it very much confirms that Jack’s energy is a huge drain on any room. Jack thinks she has a charming quirky energy (a la Paloma Faith) when really she’s FunSponge SquarePants.
That episode with Paloma Faith was brilliant. You could see she knew exactly what she was doing and how to be chaotic without crossing a line.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.