Jack Monroe #323 Two mini breaks in two months, what in the Budget Jones's Diary is going on?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Completely agree. It's disrespectful and plain arrogant. Also she dresses herself up to take selfies at home, make up on and hair or wig curled, but doesn't think she has to make an effort at an awards night? And she's proud of it?
She made an effort for her appearance at a Diva awards night 2 weeks previously. She gave an award then. In her trusty tuxedo jumpsuit and had made an effort with her hair. Photographed alongside Julian Clary and Claire Sweeney.

Given that she reads here and does not like criticism, I would not be surprised if she makes some reference to forgetting her clothing and doing her best. yada yada yada.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Just read the Guardian article… FFS

I was once in poverty (for reals) with young children and used to survive on whatever was on “Buy one get one free” in supermarkets.

This explains why whenever I see a BOGOF sign I start howling and clawing the walls, the trauma is never ending. Every time I do an Ocado shop or walk intoSuperdrug I experience full blown sad times.

I don’t have the income for years of therapy, but it was so uplifting to read that Jack has almost managed to get over her door-knocking trauma following many intense therapy hours.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
there’s no way she’s getting the minimum.
Agreed, she's never shy of blowing her own trumpet and boasting about her twitter followers.

She rarely shares paid stuff on twitter - presumably because most don't pay extra and she won't risk the backlash from Unilever or del Monte that most twitter followers won't notice if it's on insta alone. So probably has it in her agreement that she'll share the guardian article and is renumerated appropriately on top of the writing fees.

• Angry
Reactions: 29
Or it might be 32p a word and not 23p I can't remember but what the hell, it's only numbers isn't it Jack?

Reactions: 29
View attachment 1346542

I’m sorry but if you’re doing dumb tit like this, like you’re a low performing sandwich year intern, no wonder you’re working 100 hour weeks. You should be embarrassed that you are this dumb and inefficient not tweeting this out to ppl. I’ve worked with brighter freshly hatched ducklings of apprentices who are literally still teenagers. Embarrassing smelly Jack!
Does she not know you can set up your email inboxes to delete via swiping? Get your tit together, Jockstrap.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Or it might be 32p a word and not 23p I can't remember but what the hell, it's only numbers isn't it Jack?
And really it’s just the same article she’s written a million times before, so submitting this piece of tit must’ve taken her fewer than five minutes to do…so not a bad little earner after all.

Reactions: 32
She's an arse. Even when she made the effort for the Diva awards she looked like someone had flung a tub of lard on her head..

Just duck the actual duck off. No one is interesting in your mad tales of unscrewing lightbulbs or unplugging the fridge. You lived below the line for a year. Big bleeping deal. That's reality for some people every day.

Reactions: 19
Interest rates just up to 1.25%, can’t wait to see Jackie’s take on it in 6-8 hours once she’s picked from the day’s hot takes

Reactions: 31
The amount of articles Jack writes for the Guardian, if they do pay in buttons she will have a button box to shame the one my old mum had. Believe me, that was a sight to behold; a massive biscuit tin full to overflowing. Whenever I had a button missing I never found one in that tin to match one I had lost.

On a serious note, does anyone know how much they do pay her for this rehashed nonsense?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Thread decisions people. Hayfever is crazzzeeeeee. Either someone does the legwork and goes looking for a title nomination or I go rogue with TD words just for shits and giggles.

(please come back. We’ll make room on our raft for you)

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.