Jack Monroe #319 Belle Du Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So where has this second year of grinding poverty suddenly been plucked from?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I do feel for this guy, he does have trouble even giving away her books, it's like a full time job in itself. Just pulp 'em babs.
Screenshot 2022-06-06 at 14.29.14.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 55
“Imma show my folks” One of the things I find so jarring and bizarre about JM is her Twitter-speak. I feel like I mostly type in the way that I talk, who speaks like this? Working class Essex, “coarse and rough”. Literally don’t know anyone southern and working class, who says ‘folks’ about their parents. The reality is that she’s awfully posh. Nasal, yes, but posh.
Is this South Carolina Jack?

ETa I see lots of you lovely mitherers got there first. Great minds 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
She missed meals on consecutive for two years when big daddy d was just round the corner. Shut the duck up. I hate to say this out loud as it's going to make me sound like a bleeping Tory but this is the lassie who tells people they can eat well for 20 quid a week for 3 people but she and her son were starving on a tenner?

Which one is it because it can't be both. You either can or you can't eat well on very little. And of course it's easier to cook even if you are on a budget if you have a stock of things but what I don't understand is. She's now saying she can meal plan for 3 people for 20 quid a week? Why didn't she ask her dad or mum to give her an extra ten quid a week until she was on her feet again?

None of this makes sense to me. She has spent years telling people they can eat cheaply for pennies but is also saying she couldn't do that herself. No one should be living on buttons but that's a whole heap of mixed messages there

• Heart
Reactions: 44
The Telegraph have paid Jack. But, I have a question - what time does it start to get dark in Southend. Because it's 2.30pm right now so unless she's planning on spending 7 hours in Asda I'm fairly sure she'll get back before she 'loses the daylight'.

Screenshot 2022-06-06 at 14.32.51.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
She's still tweeting. GO TO SLEEP ASDA, GO TO SLEEP ASDA, GO TO SLEEP ASDA

Screenshot 2022-06-06 at 14.37.44.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
The Telegraph have paid Jack. But, I have a question - what time does it start to get dark in Southend. Because it's 2.30pm right now so unless she's planning on spending 7 hours in Asda I'm fairly sure she'll get back before she 'loses the daylight'.

View attachment 1322599
And I bleeping hate the way Jack adds a 'y' to so many words

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Stock up on snacky fruits and things? Very casual. What about her meticulous shopping list? Almost as though it was performative.

Mm and sue me if I don't believe The Telegraph payment. More like they contacted her to say check your old emails/mail.
Wouldn't the payment have gone via her agent? What does her agent do? Why doesn't her agent chase up these late payments?

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.