Jack Monroe #319 Belle Du Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title courtesy of @Mr Krabs nominated by @Rekyavikgirl you both get an all-you-can-eat ticket for the slop buffet at Jack's Marxist platinum jubilee street party.

New readers please check out the wiki which is the pink button above. For thread title nominations please include the words 'thread title' and NO bleeping SWEARING.

In the last thread:

Jack was very, very bitter about the winner of the platinum jubilee pudding competition so made her own version with the cheapest possible ingredients and called it peasants pudding, thereby removing any joy that may have been had in consuming it. A frau good at Big Maths showed that she had actually fudged the numbers to make it look as cheap as possible. To the surprise of absolutely nobody, it also looked rank.

She is still very bitter about THAT MAN and has sniped at him again for 'stealing her work'. We are unsure what he's supposed to have nicked as everything he cooks looks edible.

She thought it would be a good idea to make candles herself using kitchen string, tin ring pulls and her mum's Gu pots. It is a good idea, if you want to be down A&E with your Tiggy+Bo, covered in hot wax with glass shards sticking out of your eyes and feet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 116
I’m just mithering about a couple of posts on the previous thread about TD not specifically naming Jack. I think this kind of sun tweeting goes on all the time, the only difference is we are heavily highlighting TD’s tweets much more than her natural reach and from that respect I think it is unfair to expect her to go into a full attack. We always assume she is directly tweeting for us but for all we know she maybe never reads here and just goes about her day.

• Heart
Reactions: 84
She thought it would be a good idea to make candles herself using kitchen string, tin ring pulls and her mum's Gu pots. It is a good idea, if you want to be down A&E with your Tiggy+Bo, covered in hot wax with glass shards sticking out of your eyes and feet.
Stop giving her ideas for her next Jaccident!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
RE TD on last thread - I think someone made a similar point @CabalofBolorneaise about TD a few weeks/months ago.

My opinion is that she is professional and is very much using her Twitter as a working account with only a smattering of personal detail, but every now and then, Jack outrages her and she has to counter her nonsense.

I actually feel a bit bad for her because it seems like people from here (or who lurk here) have gravitated toward her now and she has unwittingly become a bit of a anti-Jack mascot, whether she likes it or not. But, ultimately she is a clever, learned, well travelled, humble but excellent food writer and can more than hold her own in the home cooking front. Her expertise is undoubted, her reputation has been earned and she probably doesn’t need to get the tit that would come with standing up and saying Jack Monroe, Bootstrap cook is a liar, charlatan and fraud.

• Heart
Reactions: 118
I’m just mithering about a couple of posts on the previous thread about TD not specifically naming Jack. I think this kind of sun tweeting goes on all the time, the only difference is we are heavily highlighting TD’s tweets much more than her natural reach and from that respect I think it is unfair to expect her to go into a full attack. We always assume she is directly tweeting for us but for all we know she maybe never reads here and just goes about her day.
I agree about most of her normal tweets, they’re generally subtle enough that it’s a bit “if you know you know” and won’t clue others in, which is all fine and entirely understandable that she or anyone else would want to avoid FMs and/or Jack threatening with lawyers.

The tweets about the trifle though are very much direct attacks even without using Jack’s name, they’re far more obviously about her than most of the normal tweets to the extent that the FMs clearly found them. Then while they clearly aren’t libel that’s not down to the “well I didn’t say her name so it wasn’t definitely about her” logic. It’s 95% of a direct attack without quite having the balls to go for it, and that’s why it seems very Jack like to me.

Reactions: 18
I agree about most of her normal tweets, they’re generally subtle enough that it’s a bit “if you know you know” and won’t clue others in, which is all fine and entirely understandable that she or anyone else would want to avoid FMs and/or Jack threatening with lawyers.

The tweets about the trifle though are very much direct attacks even without using Jack’s name, they’re far more obviously about her than most of the normal tweets to the extent that the FMs clearly found them. Then while they clearly aren’t libel that’s not down to the “well I didn’t say her name so it wasn’t definitely about her” logic. It’s 95% of a direct attack without quite having the balls to go for it, and that’s why it seems very Jack like to me.
I think everyone has their boiling point.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
RE TD on last thread - I think someone made a similar point @CabalofBolorneaise about TD a few weeks/months ago.

My opinion is that she is professional and is very much using her Twitter as a working account with only a smattering of personal detail, but every now and then, Jack outrages her and she has to counter her nonsense.

I actually feel a bit bad for her because it seems like people from here (or who lurk here) have gravitated toward her now and she has unwittingly become a bit of a anti-Jack mascot, whether she likes it or not. But, ultimately she is a clever, learned, well travelled, humble but excellent food writer and can more than hold her own in the home cooking front. Her expertise is undoubted, her reputation has been earned and she probably doesn’t need to get the tit that would come with standing up and saying Jack Monroe, Bootstrap cook is a liar, charlatan and fraud.
As an aside, people from here who always like and comment on her tweets should be careful, as some of you are very, very easy to triangulate.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
I think everyone has their boiling point.
I think this. I think if we weren’t here basically looking at TD’s posts then the flying monkeys probably wouldn’t have even seen the posts.

i think it is unfair for us all to sit her chatting about our court outfits and expecting TD to be the one to take her on by tagging her

• Heart
Reactions: 74
Recap: the thread title comes from Jack claiming that she used to work in a brothel.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
As an aside, people from here who always like and comment on her tweets should be careful, as some of you are very, very easy to triangulate.
Yeah, I deleted my real twitter which I had for years a few months ago when Jack and others from a different non food group pissed me off. I now only have a random twitter set up for viewing and I don’t post or am followed by anyone. I just use it to keep up to date.

Reactions: 30
Yeah, I deleted my real twitter which I had for years a few months ago when Jack and others from a different non food group pissed me off. I now only have a random twitter set up for viewing and I don’t post or am followed by anyone. I just use it to keep up to date.

Same. I'm just a voyeur

Reactions: 17
I think this. I think if we weren’t here basically looking at TD’s posts then the flying monkeys probably wouldn’t have even seen the posts.

i think it is unfair for us all to sit her chatting about our court outfits and expecting TD to be the one to take her on by tagging her
I didn’t mean she has to tag her (I think she has Jack blocked anyway) but at the point where she’s clearly identified Jack via the recipe then it would seem much less cliquey mean girl to me to just say “Jack’s recipe”.

I’d imagine they’ve got quite an overlap of followers generally for the FMs to find her when it’s so obvious who she means independently of Tattle discussion… though I totally take the point it’s probably not helped her!

Reactions: 12
I don't follow her or like her posts for this very reason.
I always have to type her name into the search bar and get annoyed when typing 'trifle defender' into search bar doesn't bring her name up!!

• Haha
Reactions: 41
My impression is that she's not actually part of any cliques? They're very London based generally. She seems to be friendly with most but kinda separate in that they're not her mates or pals? I might be wrong but that's my view

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Apart from those who have a genuine, personal reason for not being known I don't understand the great fear of triangulation (such a weird word :D ). Up until a few months ago it was laughably obvious who I am on Twitter (although I've rarely posted since 2011). A non Tattle related incident resulted in a few changes but I'm still probably fairly easy to identify. I'm comfortable with what I say on here (someone's bound to drag up a shocker I've forgotten now :D ).

• Heart
Reactions: 42
My impression is that she's not actually part of any cliques? They're very London based too. She seems to be friendly with most but kinda separate in that they're not her mates or pals?
I don’t mean the cooking based cliques - I mean there’s a core of people who respond to her tweets about Jack (and I don’t think all Tattlers) with in-jokes and references. This is the same on the recipe tweet especially the referring to Squigs as a cult - all said without ever actually naming Jack, which is fairly classic high school clique behaviour.

Reactions: 17
I don’t mean the cooking based cliques - I mean there’s a core of people who respond to her tweets about Jack (and I don’t think all Tattlers) with in-jokes and references. This is the same on the recipe tweet especially the referring to Squigs as a cult - all said without ever actually naming Jack, which is fairly classic high school clique behaviour.
I get what you mean 🙂 we're indulging in high school clique stuff here too and it's very satisfying. We know Monroe reads it. I think the need to retaliate in one way or another is strong sometimes!

Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.