Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The show she was going to make got "spiked" (using industry terminology doesn't make you seem more knowledgeable, FYI) but it was nothing to do with her? Surejan.gif

Why in the name of LJC is she printing and filing thousands of decade-old emails? Is all the Patreon cash going on printer ink!? Really, it's just one of her trademark pointless busywork initiatives to kid herself into thinking she's doing actual work and to put off doing the stuff she's actually being paid for/has promised to deliver but can't be arsed to complete (VBI, poverty tome).

And why lie about not having a punchbag, of all things?

How has she come out with so much SHITE in one evening?

Reactions: 39
She hasn't shared about her sobriety recently has she? If I had such a huge platform and was so open about how sober I was and what a struggle it had been, as she does when it suits, maybe post a link to AA and mention how she's doing, difficult moments etc. Just like once a month or so.

Reactions: 16
So she got it is you it's us from a TV production company. Oh pet you got dumped. They're just not that in to you?!

Also why is she spaffing tit all the live long day! I'm so bored of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She hasn't shared about her sobriety recently has she? If I had such a huge platform and was so open about how sober I was and what a struggle it had been, as she does when it suits, maybe post a link to AA and mention how she's doing, difficult moments etc. Just like once a month or so.
Imo she still talks about it a bit too much. She could use her platform for good but it’s becoming more obvious by the day that unless it helps Jackass, she’s just not interested.

Last week she took hot chips to a meeting that she boasted about being asked to do the opening share and within 48 hours, she was making lame jokes about why she used to drink. She likes to talk ODAAT, sobriety coins and fellowship when it needs to be shoehorned into whatever narrative she’s running with that day.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
Good morning. Jack Monroe is a self deluded egotist and a master of misunderstanding. Have a nice day

Jack's collection of fury:

White hot fury
Burning fury
Coffee fuelled burning fury
Righteous fury
Absolute fury
Compassionate fury
Deeply hungover, idealistic fury
Stitching, swearing, fury (at herself)
Softly irritated fury (she can feel another's)
Laser eyed fury
Garbling fury
Shaking with fury
Cold, silent fury (Christmas Dinner no POTATOES - she can feel her family's)

And her slop of rages:

A dervish of cold rage
Barely contained simmering rage
White hot rage
Visceral seething rage
Contagious rage
Searing rage
Rage personified
Absolute rage personified
Absolute rage

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Late to the party as grunking.

4DEDC74A-3523-4C90-81DA-EA0EF970B9D1.jpeg

I would call myself middle class. My parents were teachers, I have a degree, I benefitted from my ex husband’s wealth and I knew how to budget.

Apparently being homeless and earning a low NHS wage with narc parents who won’t help their mid 30s kid and their grandkids out makes me poor. Both inherited and own their own homes btw. Oh I feel a bitterness abounding. Cheers Jack Whelksplat.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I'm certainly looking forward to this new and fresh article to add to the vast body of work 🥰
It'll be a pregnancy announcement, she's carrying the next coming of Christ, and he'll teach us how to budget a few bread rolls and fish to feed a nation.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Wasn't she challenging (begging) Anunziata Rees-Mogg to do precisely one of those shows with her not so long ago?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
For some weird reason I can't find your OP @Hackastory. I Just wanted to say, don't let JM upset you love. Don't ever let her think you aren't mothering/parenting right. You are 🙂.

Edited. I'm clearly having WIFI/glitching problems. Off to pull down the radiators.
Hear, hear!

"Off to pull down the radiators" for THREAD TITLE, lest you invoke my most compassionate fury!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Careful Jack, Tom Kerridge is on the judging panel of that Observer award you're after.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Yairs, absolute geniuses, working out that projections of climate change, a small island's reliance on fossil fuels, low inflation and real macro economic policies would hit low income families hard. The report was by the group of charities, Jack, thus necessarily pointed in their argument.

PS: when I was a child I was told that to preserve beautiful bushland we must leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photographs." THEY KNEW.

Now, my point is a bit wild, but I'm trying to say: D'uh, you're barking up the wrong tree again, Jackass.

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.