Jack Monroe #31 Grunka Lunka dunkety doo, we came for Jack but stayed for you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Notice that the last IGTV (presume ep 4 as 5 has been deleted) has 22k views but only 31 comments - that's woeful engagement. From memory, as it's a while since I've done any influencer work, an average watch rate would be 10% ish so say she has 250,000 followers, I'd expect 25000 to watch - so far so good, but I'd also expect between 1 and 3% engagement, so between 250 - 750 comments. Those views aren't real, it's clear - she should have paid for the comments too ;)
Hi Nikki. Jack here. This is libel. Just in case you don't check your Twitter DMs that often. For anyone not caught up - Nikki aka Nonnymouse messaged me on Twitter a couple of weeks ago.

So. As I said to you on Twitter earlier, the discrepancy between the views is deliberate. I uploaded one version to IGTV without posting it in my main grid, and one version to the grid, to monitor the difference in user engagement. I have resisted coming over here for to sling my oar in because honestly, I don't think any good can come of it, but my mental and physical health are both at rock bottom right now and I frankly cannot sit back and be complicit in your fantasy narrative about me by not saying anything about this because it has real-world implications for my actual job. You've all crossed many, many lines of common decency in the last few months, but this is straight up defamation, open and shut case, despite your disclaimer.

So to set the record straight, just this one, because I have absolutely no interest in being gaslit over my own life and history by attempting to even engage with 30,000 comments of absolute horse tit conjecture - the views on my videos are all 100% genuine. I have a pretty engaged audience. I knew when we launched that 5pm on a Tuesday wasn't a great time for the show, but we needed to put it somewhere, so there it went, and we decided to monitor the views over a set time period rather than judge it on how many people turned up for the live show.

Nikki, your statements above are libellous and damaging and one hundred percent untrue. You cannot just make up lies about people for your own conjecture and entertainment. I strongly advise you to withdraw them.

For everyone else here - I recall Yel saying once that if I wanted to come over here and 'give my side' then I'd be more than welcome. Let's see how true that is.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
Hello all. Just pulled a mini-Grunk as I had a nap post-leftoverlarder and when I woke up my partner was here. Anomoly alert, he is not normally here during the week but he came so he could take me to the GPs today as I still have a tendency to wobble/fall over. Bless his heart, but it does slow down my tattling.

Anyway...

<checks dossier>

Hello @Veronicaaa, hurrah that you're back. I made verdure in scapece again the other day so thought of you.

@Breakdance Badass - redundancy swords of Damocles are the worst! I've been through a couple and it's always unsettling regardless of result. Fingers crossed for you though. x

@MrsOgre - sorry you're having a crappy time. I think it's really getting to the end-of-tether stage generally for a lot of reasons. x

That hug goes out to others too, I get the general thread sense that a lot of us are finding it tough atm. I think it's ok to have a little session where we all agree there's a lot of tit to go around atm. I would deliver you all cake (mayo free) if I could. xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I was just feeling a bit raw last night for some reason. Think that the loosening of lockdown is bringing with it a different type of apprehension.

Comments like that one from the evangelical vegan are usually are taken with a pinch of salt, there are always conspiracy theorists and those who are easily manipulated.

I was lucky to not test positive for HIV and that in itself brought all sorts of issues with a partner who then developed AIDs. Ironically within a year or so I was told I have a different life limiting condition. I had been with my partner for 22 years, except for a short break, during which we assume he became positive for HIV. 5 years after my first partners death I met someone else, who also died of HIV related complications within a couple of years..... life can be tit sometimes.

Another day, a different outlook. Can't let misinformed randoms affect me, or get me wound up.

Back to JM.
There's something endearing about a 20 something young person full of enthusiasm and energy that you can overlook their amateur endeavours. Activism in youth is engaging and even attractive. Once they reach their 30's then it gets a bit annoying. By that time you expect for them to grow and evolve their career. JM has neither matured or progressed her knowledge on her chosen subject.

I think she will slowly fade into the background, as she is replaced by people who are younger, more relevant and appropriate. The passage of time makes her short period of poverty less and less pertinent. She has failed to keep up to date with the issues concerning those of us in poverty today, just relying on the retelling of her very limited story. She never has anything new to say whenever she is asked on a show. There's only so many times you can tell the same story before people just switch off.
Thank you for sharing this. I have friends and colleagues who are part of that generation who buried so many loved ones. It's so rarely talked about, but it must have been so, so difficult to live through. I really feel that the current trend of turning the gay community into nothing more than sassy rainbow-coloured unicorn riders does you all such a disservice.

EDIT: to veer back on topic - I feel the need to defend my mayo cake. I may make it this week and feed it to the guy I'm dating...if it's as good as I remember, great. If not, he eats raw sausage, not much of a discerning palate there!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It is a crass and cruel comment. I think it is the fact that originally HIV crossed the species barrier because people ate infected primates. Since then it is obviously transmitted via bodily fluids, not because an HIV+ person ate meat as some, like your friend, are vegan and some are babies infected in utero. But the initial cause of human infection may have been eating meat back in the 1940s.
There's also an underlying tone of racism with a a fair few people. Hence the orange nazi with his pissy comments with Covid. Needing to blame foreigners/different ethnicities for everything. Or somebody I no longer have contact with, with his 'it's the fault of Africans/Chinese eating what they shouldn't' (obviously somewhat more offensively put than that)

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Nats_what_i_reckon (very sweary, very Australian guy) gets about 10% of live viewers commenting. He's managed to make lockdown totally work for him by adapting his work. Started out doing comedy, but his tour got postponed, so turned to cooking online instead. He also does stuff for charity, and is open about anxiety, mens issues etc, so he's a prettty good guy.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
View attachment 161213

Which ex do we think this nostalgic intro is aimed at?
I’m so behind! Apologies if this has been discussed already - but who goes away for a weekend and scrimps on food like that? Trying to buy a handful of produce so that nothing is wasted. This was when she was with Louisa, so it’s not like they couldn’t have gone out for dinner or lunch. But no, 3 meals a day in the self catering apartment. How joyless and small she makes her world sound. For me, one of the best things about going on holiday is trying new places especially street food. You guys are right, she hates food.

Reactions: 20
I don’t think she has, I think it’s another cost Hellmanns absorbed for this whopping misstep, to save face.
I don't think that's true. Her ridiculous "dressing room hair" video has 44k views. Hellmanns wouldn't have paid for extra views of that. Maybe her videos do get massive views after the event?

Reactions: 4
Where's a tit hot lawyer when you need one?

Must be like, as my granddad used to say, having a dog and then choosing to sit in a kennel chewing on bones yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I don't think that's true. Her ridiculous "dressing room hair" video has 44k views. Hellmanns wouldn't have paid for extra views of that. Maybe her videos do get massive views after the event?
Id imagine they would, because the 5pm slot is terrible.

Reactions: 5
I do believe Jack that they aren't bought views from a "buy quick viewzz" dodgy website.

However it does get a bit murky because Hellman's have put paid spend behind jack's account and as instagram is all algorithm based pushing her content into feeds might make her videos more likely to popup in people's feeds if they've engaged with one of the ads. We'll never know, Facebook won't reveal their algorithm (not that they even understand it) but it's likely all the instagram ads have been a boost.

Anyway @Jack_M if you think someone from here has been harassing you (if that is indeed jack, as a mod I can't see any data to verify) on another platform do email the tattle admin address with something to back it up. People that do this will and have been banned from here as it's strictly against the rules. Although it's often very tricky to match people from two platforms unless they admit to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Hi Nikki. Jack here. This is libel. Just in case you don't check your Twitter DMs that often. For anyone not caught up - Nikki aka Nonnymouse messaged me on Twitter a couple of weeks ago.

So. As I said to you on Twitter earlier, the discrepancy between the views is deliberate. I uploaded one version to IGTV without posting it in my main grid, and one version to the grid, to monitor the difference in user engagement. I have resisted coming over here for to sling my oar in because honestly, I don't think any good can come of it, but my mental and physical health are both at rock bottom right now and I frankly cannot sit back and be complicit in your fantasy narrative about me by not saying anything about this because it has real-world implications for my actual job. You've all crossed many, many lines of common decency in the last few months, but this is straight up defamation, open and shut case, despite your disclaimer.

So to set the record straight, just this one, because I have absolutely no interest in being gaslit over my own life and history by attempting to even engage with 30,000 comments of absolute horse tit conjecture - the views on my videos are all 100% genuine. I have a pretty engaged audience. I knew when we launched that 5pm on a Tuesday wasn't a great time for the show, but we needed to put it somewhere, so there it went, and we decided to monitor the views over a set time period rather than judge it on how many people turned up for the live show.

Nikki, your statements above are libellous and damaging and one hundred percent untrue. You cannot just make up lies about people for your own conjecture and entertainment. I strongly advise you to withdraw them.

For everyone else here - I recall Yel saying once that if I wanted to come over here and 'give my side' then I'd be more than welcome. Let's see how true that is.
Hello Jack! First of all, kudos to you for coming over here to tell your side - that takes guts.

I've not actually posted on any of the threads about you before or even read one before today because I'm actually one of your followers and I like you. I just started reading this one out of curiosity and was super surprised to see you actually here. There's plenty of influencers out there whose behaviour I find problematic and that needs to be challenged (Mrs Hinch, the airbrushed Love Island lot etc) but as far as I am concerned, you are not one of them.

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time health wise, hope you overcome this particular bump in the road soon.

X

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 17

Hi Jack and welcome. How will we know it’s really you though...??

Speculation and libel are two very different things (although I’m no lawyer myself). You’ve said before that your lawyer reads all the threads, maybe they could come Here and educate us??

Thanks!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Jack, there has been plenty of concern for you over these threads. Genuine concern. You have also presented yourself as a head at times though, with inconsistent stories, apparent lies, allowing pile-ons and generally not holding yourself accountable.

No one enjoys seeing people struggle, and you have been, but ffs - take care of yourself. Properly. These kinds of sites will always exist, there will always be comments from the public; if you know in yourself that its too negative to go through, set that boundary for yourself.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 76

Hi Jack. Welcome. Just to let you know your last live didn’t save on Instagram, so no one can watch it now.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I don't get how the IG Live gets only 150-200 watching it live but this jumps to 20,000+ once it's been there a few days. It's probably the Hellmanns social team rewatching it with their head in their hands.

Also yesterday JM asked a guest if silken tofu was the hard or soft one. That is really poor food knowledge, especially from an ex vegan and one who eats it apparently 90% of the time now.
I’m genuinely shocked at that. How on earth could she not know this if she’s ever actually eaten the stuff. (Plus, the clue is in the name). Her food knowledge is absolutely terrible. The average amateur cook knows more.

Reactions: 13

I appreciate you clearing this up. To be fair it was never a considered issue for me (the engagement).

I do not condone anyone contacting you and I think a lot of other users have also commented saying that they also do not feel comfortable at anyone else contacting you.

You have to realise that a lot of people here own your books, we were fans and we feel disappointed in your actions. I know you don't want to 'Grunka' through these posts but there is also a lot of love for you that you have missed - we have been concerned for you, we have wanted you to have time out, hell we even cheered you on when you improved on DK. Yes, there is a lot of critique but you are somebody in the public eye and this is a gossip forum. We are equally riled by some of your behaviour, the dog pilling, the snipes, the money. I welcome discussion over it but really if you are at rock bottom, I would implore you to come back when you feel better or equally just completely ignore it, you don't owe us anything.

I don't feel like we are trolls, i am not actively trying to contact you or entice you to read and i would like to think others here aren't either. These gossip sites will always exist and being in the public eye will always drive them. Set your own boundaries.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
Jack, there has been plenty of concern for you over these threads. Genuine concern. You have also presented yourself as a head at times with inconsistent stories, apparent lies, allowing pile-ons and generally not holding yourself accountable.
This exactly, I can't recall anywhere in the tens of thousands of messages that a poster has expressed glee or any positivity that jack's health has been suffering. There are plenty of toxic sites like that, but tattle isn't one of them (at least not on the threads I read - there maybe rule breakers on other threads that haven't been reported). I think we all do genuinely want her to do well and are decent people. But some of her behaviour and actions has been shocking.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
I do believe Jack that they aren't bought views from a "buy quick viewzz" dodgy website.

However it does get a bit murky because Hellman's have put paid spend behind jack's account and as instagram is all algorithm based pushing her content into feeds might make her videos more likely to popup in people's feeds if they've engaged with one of the ads. We'll never know, Facebook won't reveal their algorithm (not that they even understand it) but it's likely all the instagram ads have been a boost.

Anyway @Jack_M if you think someone from here has been harassing you (if that is indeed jack, as a mod I can't see any data to verify) on another platform do email the tattle admin address with something to back it up. People that do this will and have been banned from here as it's strictly against the rules. Although it's often very tricky to match people from two platforms unless they admit to it.
I’ve reported the post. The poster took Twitter over to here by talking about private messages and I think only a poster themselves should give out part of their name if they wish. In addition to that, the terminology, in my opinion, was a bit of a veiled threat. I’m not entirely convinced it’s JM who has written it tbh but time will tell I’m sure

• Wow
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.