Jack Monroe #304 Very middle class

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a freelancer her income will fluctuate a lot anyway, won't it? So theoretically there could be both months where she earned more than the PM's monthly salary (although I doubt it'd be more than his overall income, esp considering expenses) and those where she earned less. In which case wouldn't they be equally right/wrong?
Love this. One hundred per cent she has earned more than the PM on certain months ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 37
It is interesting that she’s so much more focused on the “earns more than the PM” quote, rather than the “takes money from the vulnerable” one… no?

Almost as if she knows she can prove she earns just less than Boris, but absolutely wants to avoid any focus on her grifting and those who prop up her lifestyle..

• Heart
Reactions: 84
I’m defo more left than she is. If she doesn’t dramatically refund LF his fiver we know what way the land lies 😂
She's donated it to the Trussell Trust because she's so monumentally thick, she imagines he'll be upset by his money going to the Radio2 of foodbanks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
This all ends with her on Martin Daubney's doorstep at 6am, clasping a bowl of breakfast slop with a picture of his childhood hamster on it screaming "leave me alone, it's me lumbago".
Martin, it's meeee, I'm Jackieee
I've come home, I'm so tired
It's severe lumbago-ohh-ohh-ohhh

• Haha
Reactions: 69
It’s getting annoying now that everyone’s agreed today the only people that are critical of Jack Monroe are alt-right types. bleeping hell. I’m probably more left wing than Jack is.
I don't know to which wing I belong tbh.

Somewhere central, couldn't give a monkies that much if I'm honest.

Reactions: 16
She's really going to wish she hadn't driven LJC off with bedroom slow cookers and dead dog breakfast bowls when she needs someone to write an apology for her in approximately four hours.
but she has OH! he can write something about crocodiles or whatever

this is so great. whoever called it the Hunger Games of Cunts is spot on

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
This is her life's work; litigant.
This thread is moving so fast, can we bring this back in about 5 minutes when we're on page 40? 😂

"Are you... a lawyer?"
"No I'm a judge"

Has just become my favourite interaction in twitter history. Might get it as a tattoo so I can look at it whenever I'm sad and remember what joy it brought me 🦉🍾

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
Having met many racist people of many different colors, it makes me laugh too. But I think the extreme left argument is that racism from POC or “reverse racism” isn’t really actually racism because it doesn’t really hurt anyone because of the overall power dynamics (a lot of Marxist theory). I was racially bullied at school by non-white people and it hurt me quite a lot. The theory, by the way, places white folk in the center of the universe, because it totally ignores all the racism that doesn’t include white people in the equation, which I’ve also witnessed. Anyway, all this is for another time and place.

I agree the fuller convo is for a different time and place but, That's exactly my point, you can't say that racism has a new definition now that somehow magically involves some sort of political or social overtone.

As someone of African heritage I can hand on heart say the most racist interaction I have ever witnessed first hand was between an Indian and a Pakistani. And this happened in the middle of England where the general audience was literally left jaw-dropped.

Race / creed / religion / colour can differ as as much as possible in my eyes but prejudice (aka what racism actually is) will always apply between any subset of such.

My favourite moment from life was and always will be the first time I heard Morgan Freeman (in his role as Aseem in the move Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves) utter the words "Allah loves wondrous variety"

Apologies for taking this slightly off topic. As you were Frau ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 55
This thread is moving so fast, can we bring this back in about 5 minutes when we're on page 40? 😂

"Are you... a lawyer?"
"No I'm a judge"

Has just become my favourite interaction in twitter history. Might get it as a tattoo so I can look at it whenever I'm sad and remember what joy it brought me 🦉🍾
!!! did that actually happen?! I deleted Twitter to keep me sane so have to rely on Tattle for all the deliciousness now.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I agree the fuller convo is for a different time and place but, That's exactly my point, you can't say that racism has a new definition now that somehow magically involves some sort of political or social overtone.

As someone of African heritage I can hand on heart say the most racist interaction I have ever witnessed first hand was between an Indian and a Pakistani. And this happened in the middle of England where the general audience was literally left jaw-dropped.

Race / creed / religion / colour can differ as as much as possible in my eyes but prejudice (aka what racism actually is) will always apply between any subset of such.

My favourite moment from life was and always will be the first time I heard Morgan Freeman (in his role as Aseem in the move Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves) utter the words "Allah loves wondrous variety"

Apologies for taking this slightly off topic. As you were Frau ♥
The telescope bit was pretty funny too.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
That mp seems like a goady twit, but he was actually a single parent and his claims of struggling at this point are far more believable thank jack's
Screenshot_20220513-224443_Twitter.jpg

Yes that's exactly how it works 🤦‍♀️. The lunacy of these people thinking anything at all will happen and that these people are running scared of thicko jack and her nonsensical twattery 🤪
Screenshot_20220513-224423_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
!!! did that actually happen?! I deleted Twitter to keep me sane so have to rely on Tattle for all the deliciousness now.
I saw the screenshot on this thread a few pages back. It's glorious. Might steal the SS to use as my phone background 😂 I blocked Jack on twitter because I couldn't cope with seeing friends and family buy in to her nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.