Jack Monroe #299 A wretched hive of scum and villainy!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can have ALL my degrees if you can comma better than mešŸ¤£

Seriously. Education means nothing. Iā€™m doing degree 4 and Iā€™m a self confessed twit.

Ps. Before I tie myself in knots I donā€™t mean that education means nothing. Just that no one should feel any lesser than anyone else if they donā€™t have loads of qualifications.
Bar the canal, I think one of the reasons that I'm drawn to Jack's threads is that she reminds me of me in some ways. Cut me and I bleed middle-class white privilege (just like you Jack!).

I left school at 16 but walked into an amazing job in the media not long after but I def do feel a bit lesser not having a degree. Jack clearly does too. I've always worked since that age and supported myself financially but I have also had the luxury of additional financial and emotional support from my family. There's always been that safety net that so many don't have and I feel a huge amount of guilt about that when I see people struggling. Why is it so shameful to be MC?

Also super jelly of your 4 degrees you clever bean

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
A theory by me;

She was given a section 21 around New Years. This has since run out and the poor Landlady is forced into a possession order kerfuffle. Papa H will have taught her all the tricks to duck over LL.

Jack is mad at the buildings and councillors as she tried and failed once again to get a free house.

(I still don't think Old Harold exists.)
Despite the fact she can actually afford to move, and wonā€™t have any trouble finding a new rental.

My area (East Mids) you know have to (with all agents) fill in a 2 page application, which the landlord then looks at, and if acceptable, will allow an online viewing, followed by a full application form, which again, if deemed acceptable is followed by an in person viewing and then referencing and a holding fee and even then, you can still be turned down after, for any reason.

I recently jumped through all of those hoops, even signed a bleeping tenancy agreement, for the EA and LL to pull the plug 72 hours before I was due to move. Itā€™s horrific. But not for folk like Jack.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Recipes include tinned spud fishcakes, sardine and tomato soup, as well as tindade, "a twist on the French classic brandade".

View attachment 1248272

No, just no. Brandade looks and sounds delicious. That abomination on the other hand šŸ¤¢
Bilingual frau here and first time poster.
ā€œBrandadeā€ is only one letter away from the French word ā€œbranladeā€, which means wank, and seems to sum up Jackā€™s abomination of this recipe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Iā€™m super excited for Thread 300 too! I canā€™t believe sheā€™s given us 300 threadā€™s worth of chaoses and fuckery. We should get special hats for our Jackaversary ( Iā€™m calling it that because she clearly has an aversion to cooking actual, edible food.) šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Bilingual frau here and first time poster.
ā€œBrandadeā€ is only one letter away from the French word ā€œbranladeā€, which means wank, and seems to sum up Jackā€™s abomination of this recipe.
Hey, that never came up on my "one new French word a day" calendar back in the day!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
View attachment 1247794
Is this her most insufferable phase yet?
Eat a slice of humble Pumble pal, your ego is out of control.
She has never knocked on a door in her life for the Labour Party- she only gives the party lip service via her Twitter and bad mouthing other parties.
No grass route to power for our Jackie gal- just coat tail riding again

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.