Jack Monroe #299 A wretched hive of scum and villainy!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has never knocked on a door in her life for the Labour Party- she only gives the party lip service via her Twitter and bad mouthing other parties.
No grass route to power for our Jackie gal- just coat tail riding again
If I ever happen to accidentally open the door to someone I’m not expecting, (unless I’m expecting someone or a delivery, I’m an ignorant cow) and it was her…

Well. My Ring doorbell footage would be immediately uploaded here.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Despite the fact she can actually afford to move, and won’t have any trouble finding a new rental.

My area (East Mids) you know have to (with all agents) fill in a 2 page application, which the landlord then looks at, and if acceptable, will allow an online viewing, followed by a full application form, which again, if deemed acceptable is followed by an in person viewing and then referencing and a holding fee and even then, you can still be turned down after, for any reason.

I recently jumped through all of those hoops, even signed a bleeping tenancy agreement, for the EA and LL to pull the plug 72 hours before I was due to move. It’s horrific. But not for folk like Jack.
When we found our current place, there were 17 applications for it. Mostly families with kids. And it’s a very standard house in a not terrible but not massively desirable area. We only got the place because my husband knows someone who works at the letting agency and they put in a good word with the landlord. Jack has NO idea.

I actually think she’ll struggle when she moves. She’ll have awful references, bad credit rating, self employed etc etc. Last time she was house hunting, it was with LJC’s salary and pre-Covid. Covid has fucked the rental market, and we all know princess Jack has champagne tastes on a homemade koombacha budget. Normally, if you’re high income and self employed, you can offer to pay six months up front. But there’s no way she’s saved that. And while she might get another skip and downsize, there’s no way she’s moving to an area that’s beneath her.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I've made some dodgy looking dinners but I wouldn't put it up on social media! It looks worse than cat vomit

ETA: it's "a twist on the French classic brandade", I'm not sure where it went so wrong but this is what's coming up for brandade
Bit in bold should be how Jack starts every caption on her “food” pictures.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Bilingual frau here and first time poster.
“Brandade” is only one letter away from the French word “branlade”, which means wank, and seems to sum up Jack’s abomination of this recipe.
Welcome!

(See what I said about how there's a Frau expert for everything? Look, we've now got someone to teach us about self-gratification in French!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
What I don't get is there is a local collective (I'm an Essex frau) who campaign really hard on local issues including for the local food bank etc. Real grassroots stuff. You would have thought that she would have been all over it and shouting about them. But I doubt she knows they even exist. Politics Jack thinks that campaigning is scoring petty points and spoling for a badly spelt fight on Twitter.
Twitter campaigning is all Jack will do. Iirc there was a free school meals campaign with colourful plates leading up to the door of a school in Southend, possibly quite near her. But she never once acknowledged it.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Argh, we’re at 50 pages but I’ve had a few sharp ones and am FEELING THE PRESSURE of the thread 300 title. Should we have a quick 2 page free for all starting now for title suggestions or shall I just grunk this one??
#smolchaosforgeetbo

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I
Argh, we’re at 50 pages but I’ve had a few sharp ones and am FEELING THE PRESSURE of the thread 300 title. Should we have a quick 2 page free for all starting now for title suggestions or shall I just grunk this one??
#smolchaosforgeetbo
I mean, I think we can all agree it should be Jack Monroe #300 Champagne Fauxialist?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
#smolchaosforgeetbo
Thank you for offering to start it!

You can search this way and see which one has the most likes?
A2DCDA7A-F662-41E6-BD09-9D82B39032EF.jpeg
Although I agree with @Brian Butterfield that Champagne Fauxialist is an absolute banger.
And also, I think you’re fab Briany-B, you’re interesting, funny, and kind, and you have most self-awareness than Jack could ever dream of. Now duck off! x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Thread suggestion:

Jack Monroe #300: Do keep up.

Credit: Jack's snippy Twitter replies. Hey, for once Jack can genuinely take credit for something!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.