Jack Monroe #295 Yeah I already read that. Didn't inspire much hope in me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a grunk!! I’m almost glad I’ve been BUSY, given that Jack has been absolutely insufferable. Thank you keepers of the canal receipts. Oh and none of the flags/symbols are showing for me either. As a disabled Frau (and I know that disability isn’t just about mobility) but I hate that Jack tweets openly about walking the mile to the shops and doing 20000 steps a day when I’m lucky if I manage a tenth of those on a really good day. Sorry for the merail but It’s something about her that I deplore.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
The pizza fingers!!!

Jack strikes me as the type of person who would turn her nose up at it all though and lord it above other mums that she doesn't feed her precious SB that muck as if she's the perfect parent, all her reminiscing is just perfomative when she's fucked up.
I absolutely loved french bread pizza. And crispy pancakes and toast toppers. That is what you do when you are a kid. You eat crap. My mum used to despair of me and my wee brother because at one point the only vegetable he would eat was lettuce and I was even worse.

I am not trying to suggest that kids shouldn’t eat fruit and veg but for me. I didn’t start properly wanting to eat veg until I was 16 or so. When I was 10 it was just junk I wanted to eat.

For the Scottish fraus I used to love staying with my gran as she always had Cremola foam. Just let your kid be a kid jack. If that means chips 3 times a week so be it

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Just for reference Becky Excell has been doing a meal plan of weekly meals for £25. When she spends less she specifically suggests you should use that for store cupboard ingredients.
Unless you have these by magic obviously.

So the food is nutritious but it’s not, it’s more nutritious than it was 10 years ago, but you shouldn’t live off the £20 because it’s not good for you really.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Been meaning to ask you, not flirting but is it just you and your dog? Or do you have a partner?
Yes, partner too. Me, partner, pooch. In our 40s, no children - just didn’t happen for us. Pooch is treated like a baby, so if you ever assume I’m talking about my own SB, it’s a four legged one.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
How many house inspection does she need? She had one the other week. I have friends who RENT and they literally see their landlord once a year if that.
I think I said in an earlier thread, I am a landlord (no booing or hissing please). I never increased my tenants rent for the whole time he lived there; didn’t do a flat inspection - didn’t need to. If I was in the area I would text and ask if I could pop in, he would say whether he was around. He moved out a few weeks ago and I’m selling the place now (never wanted to be a landlord - just personal circumstances). I sent his full deposit back to him as soon as he handed me the keys; he’s since forgotten to cancel his direct debit and twice his rent has gone into my account. I’ve text him immediately upon noticing and returned it to him there and then. Not all landlords are scummy.

• Heart
Reactions: 91
My boy came home from school today and ate a ham sandwich, packet of quavers and some grapes. He is 8, that was just to keep him going until tea time where he ate chicken goujons, wedges and beans (non-rinsed). He gets a cooked school meal and pudding. He has hollow legs. How Jacks SB copes I have no idea. I could spend £20 a week on his post school snacks. I am lucky that I can. There is no way SB can be full on what Jack makes for him.

• Sad
Reactions: 58
And when I was wee. (I’m old). I used to love going to the cafe with my gran and get an ice cream float which was basically a glass of coke with a scoop of ice cream in it. My grandpa always used to buy me a blue riband biscuit too. Like. My grandpa died when I was 9 and my gran outlived him by over 30 years. But sometimes the best memories are of your loved ones buying you junk food 🤣.

I wouldn’t swap that for anything. You also used to get a cone off the ice cream van that was a doubler so you had a double headed cone. Being wee in the 1970s was brilliant 🤣🤣🤣🤣

When I say I’m old. I’m 53 but I still say I look better than Jack 3 wines down on the way to see the Mission in concert 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.