Jack Monroe #291 What about the price of hummus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sorry but this is just bonkers. Was this food on the list? Is she poor or not? Can she afford to eat extra meals in the middle of the night, using power to make them, or does her rent bounce?
It’s impossible to know how she cooked this at 2am when her energy is off at 10pm 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
She doesn’t seem to get up before lunchtime. Unless, of course, she uses that time to clean her large house. I take it she doesn’t have a garden, she never seems to mention it.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Spending her week perpetuating the Tory myth showcasing how a family can survive on £20 pw food budget yet requires a massive meal at 2am isn’t really a great reflection on her work is it?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 77
Ugh. So the £21.35 a week isn’t all she eats. Because it isn’t enough and looks rancid.

There will be people looking at jack thinking if she can feed a family on £20 then I should be able to. But she doesn’t

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
The United Nations? It's sad that disabled charities are so willing to work with her.

Screenshot_20220422-124148_Twitter.jpg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
Forgot to connect computer to phone to upload. What's that got to do with allegedly having no home wifi? You're right, nothing.
Screenshot_20220421-234810_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.