Jack Monroe #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sorry but these people cannot be cleaning their fridges regularly enough at all - how can you have something pushed at the back for three YEARS?
I recently threw out the hoarder mothers collection of food colouring (amongst many, many other scary things) many of which dated from my childhood. I am 40. We emigrated to Australia during that time. They had crossed the ocean šŸ˜£ So basically, these people do exist, and they walk amongst us *help*

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Grunkaing through the pages tonight to catch up with yā€™all (to use one of Jackā€™s favourite Americanisms). Had a bit of a crappy day at work with the first redundancy announcements (not me thankfully, although it feels mean to be glad of othersā€™ misfortune) but all your comments on lockdown larder have been properly belly-achingly hilarious.

The comment about a horse offenders register was gold. The funniest thing Iā€™ve read in a while.

Anyway, back I trot to page 45!
ah mate, cheers. I will start writing down all horse offenders forthwith.....

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Does anyone remember the sweet flavoured crisps? Before Jacks time but bet she would have loved them.
Sunny d was so hyped up in adverts and then in tiny print, only available in CarlislešŸ˜‚ we were champing at the bit for them to be sold everywhere.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone remember the sweet flavoured crisps? Before Jacks time but bet she would have loved them.
Sunny d was so hyped up in adverts and then in tiny print, only available in CarlislešŸ˜‚ we were champing at the bit for them to be sold everywhere.
I remember being jealous of my friends who all had Sunny D in their fridges at home when I didn't :cry:. I also remember the rumours about kids turning orange, which was mentioned up thread. Then Sunny D just disappeared from UK all of a sudden!

Reactions: 6
Can anyone remember Heinz Toast Toppers? I LOVED them when I was a teenager, itā€™s all I ever wanted for breakfast and tea when I got home but unfortunately theyā€™ve gone from the shelves.

Pretty much like Spiraā€™s, Fuses, Spring Onion Walkers and Campino sweets - up in supermarket heaven šŸ˜¢
Oh yes - Toast Toppers. Practically lived on them when I was a student in the 80ā€™s. Chicken and mushroom in particular. They were kind of shiny and glutinous and probably full of dodgy food additives, but I loved them!

Reactions: 7
Here in Australia, they've brought out Mountain Dew flavoured Doritos šŸ˜

Anyway, not food or Jack related, but there is a possum, looking rather bewildered, in my frangipani tree. I thought you might like it

20200619_082015.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Ok as we are going down memory lane someone here must be able to help me please!

did anyone else have Garfield fruit punch as a child? It came in a bright pink square carton with Garfield on and was like a tropical flavour juice.

Iā€™ve been going on at my husband for ages about it but I canā€™t find any reference to it at all on the internet, must have been early 90s I think. I canā€™t have invented it in my mind as I donā€™t even like Garfield that much! (I do like tropical juice and bright pink though)

Reactions: 2
Ok as we are going down memory lane someone here must be able to help me please!

did anyone else have Garfield fruit punch as a child? It came in a bright pink square carton with Garfield on and was like a tropical flavour juice.

Iā€™ve been going on at my husband for ages about it but I canā€™t find any reference to it at all on the internet, must have been early 90s I think. I canā€™t have invented it in my mind as I donā€™t even like Garfield that much! (I do like tropical juice and bright pink though)
I remember it, I think my Grandparents would probably have bought it once or twice. Itā€™s the type of thing theyā€™d have done as itā€™s gimmicky and a treat all at the same time. You can tell him it definitely was a thing, I have a very vague recollection of it!

@MancBee You may be able to answer this one for me. I live in the North-East and the Metro Centre concerted MetroLand (RIP, I loved that place) into as it is now, a cinema and food court. When it first happened there was a restaurant called Rice and they did these amazing teriyaki chicken skewers with rice. I remember going with my family and I found it in Manchester, apparently that was the only other place there was a branch. Can anyone remember it or if it still exists? Nobody I ask, no friends or family can remember this place except me!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I remember "Secret" bars, it was criminal that they stopped doing them.
Omg, me and my mum were talking about these the other day, she doesn't remember them, it's another item I'm genuinely still annoyed about being discontinued all these years later, especially considering some of the crap chocolate bars on the shelf, secret bars were bloody amazing šŸ¤¤šŸ¤¤

Reactions: 5

It rings a bell but I seem to remember something with the pink panther on it - was also a juice and box was pink I think?!

Reactions: 3
Did Jack delete her tweet to Allegra? I can't see it, but I don't know if it was among a thread of tweets so not an obvious to spot tweet.....

• Wow
Reactions: 11
When you look at old photos of Jack and Allegra they both look really happy and Jack looks really well. Tbh I think Jack is quite child like and gives the impression she needs looking after. She doesnā€™t tend to spend a lot of time being out of relationships either.

Reactions: 11
You can still get Sunny D, I buy it in Poundland. It's not as good as it used to be because they have taken out a lot of the additives, but it's still pretty good.
They used to have it in Heron quite often too. God I miss that shop!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.