Jack Monroe #251 There isn’t a big enough salary in the world

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
57539049-13F3-4666-9A44-BA32DCF050EE.jpeg

Here we bleeping go guys, it’s Patreon month end:

Firstly please ask questions & question any assumptions, it only stands to make this work better. This is not the VPL index for people with KS2 maths.

Secondly pre empting some confusion re: opening / closing versus what we can see online now. She closed the month with 728 Patrons so will have been paid on this figure, the figure you’re seeing now is plus additions. The monthly updates have always worked on v specific timings so it’s staying that way for comparability, we can do ad hoc updates as the situ changes.

Our traditional monthly update, she gained 198.4% in month and lost no one.

419ABF2A-381C-486A-A372-0EE5A0776DAB.png

Yes this is depressing but interesting as we’d always assumed that those that left did so passively through payment failures - this suggests otherwise, that they are active cancellations as no one went in to cancel their unfulfilled subscription

With regards to revenue estimates, we always go the most conservative with our £3.50 min less max 12% fees. This shows a range, going from left to right in the blue row you see how a change in platform fee effects her take home. From top row to bottom you see how an increase in the blended avg sub (eg how people are distributed across the tiers) impacts her take home.

2EFEE953-9B52-4EB6-BA1C-F280A12B4551.png

* going left to right along the blue line you see how a change in fees effects her take home, still assuming 100% of ppl are on the £3.50 tier depending on their fees, she could take home £2.2k - £2.5k this month.
* I think the reality is closer to the higher end in grey. Doing some playing with distributing her subs across tiers, keeping the majority in the £3.50 but moving just 20% (n = 146 subs) up to the £7.0 physical goods tier yields an avg sub of £5.25. Again keeping everyone in £3.50 but moving just 10% up to £24pcm (n = 73) yields an avg sub of £6.17. Very small changes can have quite an impact on the avg sub figure so it can quickly move above our assumed minimum or £3.50
* conscious of sharing too many tables and overwhelming / boring you all but I created a distribution I felt happy with, with 45% of subs still in the minimum tier and 85% of total paying under £10pcm and this gave us an avg sub of £8.77.
* Therefore I think it’s wholly reasonable to assume she could have taken home something between £3.5k - £5.1k this month. This doesn’t account for the double payment she’d have received.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 99
View attachment 1031914

Here we bleeping go guys, it’s Patreon month end:

Firstly please ask questions & question any assumptions, it only stands to make this work better. This is not the VPL index for people with KS2 maths.

Secondly pre empting some confusion re: opening / closing versus what we can see online now. She closed the month with 728 Patrons so will have been paid on this figure, the figure you’re seeing now is plus additions. The monthly updates have always worked on v specific timings so it’s staying that way for comparability, we can do ad hoc updates as the situ changes.

Our traditional monthly update, she gained 198.4% in month and lost no one.

View attachment 1031941

Yes this is depressing but interesting as we’d always assumed that those that left did so passively through payment failures - this suggests otherwise, that they are active cancellations as no one went in to cancel their unfulfilled subscription

With regards to revenue estimates, we always go the most conservative with our £3.50 min less max 12% fees. This shows a range, going from left to right in the blue row you see how a change in platform fee effects her take home. From top row to bottom you see how an increase in the blended avg sub (eg how people are distributed across the tiers) impacts her take home.

View attachment 1031942
* going left to right along the blue line you see how a change in fees effects her take home, still assuming 100% of ppl are on the £3.50 tier depending on their fees, she could take home £2.2k - £2.5k this month.
* I think the reality is closer to the higher end in grey. Doing some playing with distributing her subs across tiers, keeping the majority in the £3.50 but moving just 20% (n = 146 subs) up to the £7.0 physical goods tier yields an avg sub of £5.25. Again keeping everyone in £3.50 but moving just 10% up to £24pcm (n = 73) yields an avg sub of £6.17. Very small changes can have quite an impact on the avg sub figure so it can quickly move above our assumed minimum or £3.50
* conscious of sharing too many tables and overwhelming / boring you all but I created a distribution I felt happy with, with 45% of subs still in the minimum tier and 85% of total paying under £10pcm and this gave us an avg sub of £8.77.
* Therefore I think it’s wholly reasonable to assume she could have taken home something between £3.5k - £5.1k this month. This doesn’t account for the double payment she’d have received.
I hope she's uses the spare change to buy some Waitrose biscuits for the poor urchins in the foodbank.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Well which is it? Is basics the same as regular stuff, but in different packaging, or is it boring shot that depresses people who eat it so much that some £2 biscuits make their day?
You know people in the food banks, they are normal people who have their preferred brands and supermarkets you know. Just buy what you can and donate it ffs.
Like seriously, I don't buy the Value range for myself so why on earth would I pick it for someone else? It wouldn't even cross my mind, Speaks volumes that her mind works that way.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Like seriously, I don't buy the Value range for myself so why on earth would I pick it for someone else? It wouldn't even cross my mind, Speaks volumes that her mind works that way.
Exactly, like nobody reading/hearing her is a non-foodbank user who buys all value range?
Also, calling @discokebab as foodbank Frau, I assumed (maybe wrong, pls let me know) biscuits is a rubbish foodbank item. You can get a pack of biscuits for 20-30p anyway, biscuits in the collection points get crushed, of all the sweet treats to put in biscuits are the worst unless you’re going to donate a whole retail pack.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Can't believe I've actually researched this, but just a wee #factcheck for Jack - in the government's 'deprivation rank', Jack's *constituency* came in at 128 out of 533. They then give a micro / macro* ranking for each area and Thorpe Bay comes in at 10 (where 1 is the most deprived percent and 10 is the LEAST deprived).

*Hotes we need a definitive answer on this STAT
Quoting myself to say that this is England only, which makes her "I live in one of the most deprived constituencies *in the UK*" even more, uh, disingenuous.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Why has no squiggle pointed out that instead of spending £15 on a MAGA t-shirt that brings in £3 to the TT (figures are estimates), you could just donate £15 directly to TT?

You also don't need to announce it or get praised for it. Try it out, little squiggles. It might blow your minds to do something good non-performatively.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
Dead People Can’t Riot?? I can’t decide if this is incitement to riot, or saying kill the people who do riot?? Like what other version of this is there - where’s the good meaning? Even trying to think from her perspective, I don’t see how this could mean anything good?

Rioters end up hurt, dead, or in prison. Innocent bystanders, homes, businesses are hurt and destroyed. Even if the cause is ‘justified’, rioting is never the answer, and never has been the answer in the whole of history. I would love to see an example where a nice contained riot has made a massive change, and nobody was killed. As someone who calls themselves variously a writer/author/word wrangler/journalist, does she have so little faith in her ability to effect change without inciting violence? What a stupid bleeping loser.

I had a newborn baby during the last lot of riots, living in central London, and it was absolutely terrifying. That’ll bleeping DO Jack!

(oh and PS I had Healthy Start vouchers and went to the local children’s Centre for support LOADS in that period 2010-2013, because they existed!)

• Heart
Reactions: 63
We don’t call our old riots that any more, in Liverpool it’s known as the Uprising.
That tit in London ten years ago wasn’t an uprising that was a riot in Tottenham followed by some bored young people doing full scale asbo tit mostly.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I find her exchange with orange juice squig so wrong on so many levels. I think @Veronicaaa has already summed it up better than I could. What did you do for YOUR POOR? Well look what I did for my personal poor. It's disgusting and one of the aspects that makes Twitter such a 'hellsite'.

This constant performing of how good you are, when it's probably all lies or weird exaggerations to make yourself look better.

Jack, I'm glad to see you've finally encouraged squigs to donate to TT. You could and should do this EVERY SINGLE DAY. You have so many people looking to you right now. Stop making t-shirts and talking about M&S biscuits. There is no wrong way to give to a foodbank. Just tell people to google what their local foodbank is looking for and give that, or better still, give money.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Quoting myself to say that this is England only, which makes her "I live in one of the most deprived constituencies *in the UK*" even more, uh, disingenuous.
Her only exprience of Scotland is George Street in Edinburgh. Given that she has no imagination (as per evidence of her recipes), perhaps she can't picture thre are any deprived areas that are not near her in Essex.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Dead People Can’t Riot?? I can’t decide if this is incitement to riot, or saying kill the people who do riot?? Like what other version of this is there - where’s the good meaning? Even trying to think from her perspective, I don’t see how this could mean anything good?

Rioters end up hurt, dead, or in prison. Innocent bystanders, homes, businesses are hurt and destroyed. Even if the cause is ‘justified’, rioting is never the answer, and never has been the answer in the whole of history. I would love to see an example where a nice contained riot has made a massive change, and nobody was killed. As someone who calls themselves variously a writer/author/word wrangler/journalist, does she have so little faith in her ability to effect change without inciting violence? What a stupid bleeping loser.

I had a newborn baby during the last lot of riots, living in central London, and it was absolutely terrifying. That’ll bleeping DO Jack!

(oh and PS I had Healthy Start vouchers and went to the local children’s Centre for support LOADS in that period 2010-2013, because they existed!)
Adding to that, can you just imagine Jack (either the real version or even Twitter gobshite Jack) at an actual riot? She’d be calling daddy to come pick her up pronto. And then collaborating with the police because she’s definitely a grass

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Now that her tip jar runneth over, I'm really hoping for some new sideboards tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Adding to that, can you just imagine Jack (either the real version or even Twitter gobshite Jack) at an actual riot? She’d be calling daddy to come pick her up pronto. And then collaborating with the police because she’s definitely a grass
Defo have her stab vest on

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Why has no squiggle pointed out that instead of spending £15 on a MAGA t-shirt that brings in £3 to the TT (figures are estimates), you could just donate £15 directly to TT?

You also don't need to announce it or get praised for it. Try it out, little squiggles. It might blow your minds to do something good non-performatively.
Omg,

I am all for this I hate the performative bollocks that comes with a good deed.

If you want to do something nice, just do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.