Jack Monroe #249 Smart Price Custard Denier

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is she always banging on about her noisy ovaries? Screaming when she babysits, groaning when she dips her finger in anchovy butter. Do they howl and wail when the postman knocks on the door? Go "Hnnnnnngggghhh" when she plates up some devilled eggs?
I still haven’t recovered from the kitten in the bed noises

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Let it all out, pal! She can’t get you here, come into the light. Also, check the wiki if you haven’t already - all the crimes are there.
Thanks! Now Ive done the wiki, and i have 99 questions, all of which are what the ****

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Crazy to think we are coming up to 2 years since the Philip Schofield announcement which is why I had a browse on tattle because I was curious. I would never have even thought about Jack monroe until after she attacked THAT MAN and now the rest is history.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Im new to all this. Sorry to say i was a vague admirer of ms monroe, back in the day. After the chaos of the last few days, im burning with the anger of the defrauded. Carry on.
Hello and welcome. What made you begin to have doubts about Jack? Sorry but I love these stories.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Crazy to think we are coming up to 2 years since the Philip Schofield announcement which is why I had a browse on tattle because I was curious. I would never have even thought about Jack monroe until after she attacked THAT MAN and now the rest is history.
Babies same.
I created my account after the SH freaky Friday thing. Turned out Tattle wasn't the cesspit she described so I didn't go back until Schofield rumours.
Soon got bored of Pip and saw Jack's name on a thread.
TWO YEARS AGO!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Also with Iceland, it used to be free delivery over £25. Now it is £35 if you have the bonus card and £40 without. Which is still good value, dont get me wrong (and I appreciate most supermarkets run HD at a loss). But they have still probably priced out some people being able to access home delivery Jack.....so please look at the bigger picture.

Reactions: 41
Agreed. Also, they may have a £1 "value brand" (which she applauded them keeping) but actually for some items it is much cheaper elsewhere, so the "value" can be questioned. Plus it is full of highly processed rubbish. But because he kissed her arse its all good.
Rather like Jack herself.

They'd be a perfect fit though as Jack's recipes are full of the same.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Hello and welcome. What made you begin to have doubts about Jack? Sorry but I love these stories.
Ill try and be brief. I used her recipes, occasionally. My lad would eat the infamous peach curry until it came out of his ears. I last made her faux steak and ale pie which was , amazingly, brown slop with pastry on. Having been properly on the bones of my arse, and being a left leaning single dad i was interested in frugal cooking and the politics of food poverty. I kept meaning to get her books. I was on Twitter but came off as its a tit show so have missed a lot. Vaguely kept trying to catch her on cooking shows etc. Recommended her recipes to friends. Fast forwards to the last few days, googles algorithm throws up tattle. I take a look. My outrage boileth over. Shes cosplaying poverty to fleece vulnerable people. Shes put back genuine campaigning by a decade. People are saying to me "her maths may be wonky but shes got a point." Its not wonky its ****ing WRONG!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 111
Omg on a grunk but my mum is here and waxing lyrical about Jack. Am pulling my damn hair out as she won’t hear anything against Jack on the basis of that sausage bollocks she did on This Morning. My dad was apparently not impressed so I guess I still have one sound parent? Urgh 😭

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Ill try and be brief. I used her recipes, occasionally. My lad would eat the infamous peach curry until it came out of his ears. I last made her faux steak and ale pie which was , amazingly, brown slop with pastry on. Having been properly on the bones of my arse, and being a left leaning single dad i was interested in frugal cooking and the politics of food poverty. I kept meaning to get her books. I was on Twitter but came off as its a tit show so have missed a lot. Vaguely kept trying to catch her on cooking shows etc. Recommended her recipes to friends. Fast forwards to the last few days, googles algorithm throws up tattle. I take a look. My outrage boileth over. Shes cosplaying poverty to fleece vulnerable people. Shes put back genuine campaigning by a decade. People are saying to me "her maths may be wonky but shes got a point." Its not wonky its ****ing WRONG!
Is the anger normal?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Right I’m home. What an end to a holiday 😂
It was quite busy in Asda and I wanted to get back to unpack etc so I haven’t photographed everything but tried to remember some of the main items mentioned. I spotted a lot of smart price white packaged items and a lot of Asda own items. Fortunately didn’t bump in to Jack, I had my husband as my security on the look out!

I’ll put the photos in a spoiler as there’s quite a few and they’re big.
My receipt to show it is Shoebury Asda
00A0007E-2552-4EA8-A4C9-48676CDF2D43.jpeg

90B77AF2-4691-4A95-B5D4-B818AAA813E4.jpeg

13161ED5-5C09-4C09-B189-9E6738C0F9B3.jpeg

C74253FD-C798-44AE-9A8F-B5037C7AA177.jpeg

30BA8579-6917-4589-9FCF-7FF45C909769.jpeg

(fancy!) Single lemons are 20p

3048B19D-935A-4BFB-A699-E1C505603CC8.jpeg

574B708E-E441-42D4-B4B9-B764086E3B64.jpeg

(They also had a 25p and 32p can of beans)

CF2998A1-F34B-48F9-9DD9-565A2944EA35.jpeg

D13F2D54-ACB4-4A6A-A572-A57BCAF0A92F.jpeg

61744177-5ADC-4A31-94A5-428780BBF6D5.jpeg

A4993695-C95A-4658-842E-AEDEA05861BE.jpeg

RINSED BEANS

5D819248-F067-4FB4-BA07-8CB443E67AEE.jpeg

797DB1C8-89CF-4998-A199-81C5FBE689C9.jpeg

(Got flashbacks to the thread where fish was mentioned so much the word lost all meaning)

DE174776-E52F-4A6D-ADED-64EA3AAC678D.jpeg

31p peaches

D9706D1B-C05D-4615-85BD-21FBA76B972A.jpeg

C9654A49-F35A-4B66-BB1A-14DE67E7568A.jpeg

35D3C3AF-24EF-4428-AC7F-B2CAF320017D.jpeg

I haven’t grunked to the custard bit where I presume this thread title came from but took a photo of it anyway

I can’t remember who asked about curry sauce but the only one I could spot today was an 89p one

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 114
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.