Jack Monroe #242 Sell the Burberry jacket, pay your taxes and polish your spoons.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found youse after the adoption and passing of the kitten Posting now bc the reason I came across Jim is bc her “story “ had some connection to my own childhood. Read (a blog she wrote) about the pain of poverty and cried in both empathy and recognition. Then I see the kitten horror. Feel sick. Starting to discover more about her and I’m thinking summat ain’t adding up. Then Tattle.

Turns out her small, short expErie new of being poor as white, middle class does not an oppression make (I had NO idea she was middle class till I found you lot). I know many middle class people who have experienced hardship. Most understand it with in the context of their privilege and understand this, as does JM . But to her, that truth doesn’t make a good story (it should and it could, but it won’t). Her reality doesn’t get the click she wants, doesn’t feed her need. So she creates to meet the narrative (including the Urban Decay eye of shame). I am SICK and tired of appropriation of being poor and working class. And that is only one many oppressions I have seen her adopt.

Sorry you have your tit. Please stop using it and everyone else as a reason to justify your harm.

(Tilting at windmills, I know. But hello and thank you).

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Her ' research' has just been quoted by an audience member on Question Time 🙄

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
My beloved Kathy Burke is liking her tweets now. I feel so sad when someone I admire greatly is taken in.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 74
Thanks to all for explaining the HMO thing. I had a number of house shares nearly 18-20 years ago when I was at uni and heating was always pay as you go. I remembered seeing ones where heating and electric was inlcuded but it never occurred to me that it could be turned off or you couldn’t top it up. That’s pretty horrific. It’s 6 degrees in Belfast now but feels quite mild, it must be terrible to be in a situation where you can’t turn the heating up.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The squatty potty is for everyday pooing. In the west we’ve not got the type of toilets you squat over, which is the correct poo position. That’s right, y’all are pooing wrong!
Oh do not remind me of squat toilets in Asia.

The Japanese designed ones that warm up and play music, that’s what you really need.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Just musing but the crappy bungalow with the 70s kitchen that's definitely not 90s 🤭🤭 couldn't be rented from someone she knows very ,very well could it..like jeans well 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Hotes is right, it's much better for your intestine to poo in a squat position rather than sitting upright. It's more natural too. Much like giving birth standing or squatting is better and more natural for women but the hospital prefer us lying down as its easier fir them.

Ikea kids stools are much cheaper and make good squatty aids.
Screenshot_20220120-231143_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm just not sure which is better for the environment. More plastic or cut down a teak tree :(

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Her ' research' has just been quoted by an audience member on Question Time 🙄
Her research is so much bullshit the more I think about it. I have a coop and a spar near me. There are things you simply don’t buy in one or the other. Toilet roll is a big no in the coop as the spar have better deals and I would never buy a bottle of Heinz tomato ketchup in the spar (an essential in my house) as it is about double the price. Her ‘research’ is going round to her local shop. If she can afford to spunk £100 on spoons she can afford a bus fare to a decent supermarket or at least get delivery in. And I know during covid that I had family members who were shielding who qualified for free deliveries in sainsburys and the like so I’m sure she could if she had all those ailments she talks about

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I grew up in a house without central heating and it was always chilly making the trip to the bathroom. You needed a dressing gown and slippers and extra blankets. There was a night I had come home from uni and I was in my old bed, fully dressed with all my clothes piled on top of me to get warm. And I was still cold. I can remember it vividly. I’m fortunate to be able to heat my home but I know there are people in bed trying to warm up but cold tonight and trying to keep their kids warm.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Hotes is right, it's much better for your intestine to poo in a squat position rather than sitting upright. It's more natural too. Much like giving birth standing or squatting is better and more natural for women but the hospital prefer us lying down as its easier fir them.

Ikea kids stools are much cheaper and make good squatty aids.
View attachment 1003734

I'm just not sure which is better for the environment. More plastic or cut down a teak tree :(
I am learning facts tonight 🤯. Says it all really doesn’t it? Jack is trying to break Twitter & we’re more interested in pooing facts.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Can I please interject and share the magnificent advert for the Squatty Potty

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I grew up in a house without central heating and it was always chilly making the trip to the bathroom. You needed a dressing gown and slippers and extra blankets. There was a night I had come home from uni and I was in my old bed, fully dressed with all my clothes piled on top of me to get warm. And I was still cold. I can remember it vividly. I’m fortunate to be able to heat my home but I know there are people in bed trying to warm up but cold tonight and trying to keep their kids warm.
We never had central heating, ice on the inside of the windows was common. Hot water bottles were essential, although putting your foot on a cold one 😱

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.