Jack Monroe #242 Sell the Burberry jacket, pay your taxes and polish your spoons.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't get my head around how this has just snowballed. I'm sure she has tweeted this kind of forensic economics bollocks before but it's never been so popular.

OT but I heard a sonic boom for the first time tonight and didn't know what it was. I thought it was a low flying plane about to crash and that we were for it. No squatty potties needed in that scenario! I asked about it on our local group and they'd said it was American fighter jets heading up to the RAF base. Most people suggested Vlad as being the reason why. It did make me wonder if he was paying Jack a special visit to congratulate her on a spectacular grift before heading to Scotland for a chippy.

As for Trifely D, do not fear dear heart, Jack's fall will be slow but hard. Although I do think that she will still retain a small core of loyal squiggles rather than get cancelled completely.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Lol we know she wasn't privately educated, it's a point of pride for her that she was barely educated at all the utter pillock. This past day she's been the very embodiment of the Dunning-Kruger effect in spectacular 4K resolution.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
6B148589-4B36-4AF1-9C90-0B8F3A418669.jpeg

I’m curious as I’m not sure what an HMO is? I don’t think we have in NI. Also what is that a photo of? Obviously the squiggle’s experience sounds awful but I’m not sure what they actually mean

• Sad
Reactions: 21
HMO - House of Multiple Occupants (you have a room or bedsit)
That’s a heating thermostat locked so it can’t be altered, happens on air bnb

• Sad
Reactions: 37
View attachment 1003687
I’m curious as I’m not sure what an HMO is? I don’t think we have in NI. Also what is that a photo of? Obviously the squiggle’s experience sounds awful but I’m not sure what they actually mean
House of Multiple Occupancy. You rent a room in a house and you share the kitchen etc. Rooms are often en suite and bills are usually included hence sometimes it’s made hard to turn up the heating etc. They’re very popular now as landlords make more from renting individual rooms than houses.

• Sad
Reactions: 37
View attachment 1003687
It’s a house of multiple occupancy; where I live there are many of them, predominantly occupied by students near me as I live in a big Uni city.

Many of them are houses which have been converted into single rooms - Jack’s dads a landlord; he’ll explain better than me, but basically they buy up family houses, charge students £130 a week per room with bills and internet included then they put a cap on the leccy and heating.
They end up making 2k a month in rent off a house in a residential street in the NW where the average house price in that particular area wouldn’t be more than 125k.

In short; exploitation.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
House of Multiple Occupancy. You rent a room in a house and you share the kitchen etc. Rooms are often en suite and bills are usually included hence sometimes it’s made hard to turn up the heating etc. They’re very popular now as landlords make more from renting individual rooms than houses.
So is heating at a specific level included within the rent? But obviously if you have paid for £50 per month day, heating costs have gone up loads so you don’t get the same level etc? Is that what the post means?
Sorry for not googling btw, am not trying to derail the thread x

Reactions: 15
So is heating at a specific level included within the rent? But obviously if you have paid for £50 per month day, heating costs have gone up loads so you don’t get the same level etc? Is that what the post means?
Sorry for not googling btw, am not trying to derail the thread x
I think they were just highlighting how humiliating and degrading it is to (pay to) live in a room in a house where the tenants can see the thermostat but can’t turn it up. It’s been freezing today.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
A bleeping teak footrest to aid shitting?? Is there anything in that bungalow that isn’t monstrously overpriced?

Possible explanation re: the need for it, though…

6048036E-850A-4940-950C-1A3A19EE7405.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Mithering ninny post - not feeling the light coloured hair. She looks like she's just been done for petty shoplifting and is waiting for the cops in the manager's office of Poundstretcher

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Is this how much these things cost?? What's wrong with a little folding step stool from the cheap shop down the road?

View attachment 1003653
Squatty potty stool, lumie light, sideboards galore, endless toasters, william morris curtains, top notch Smeg fridge, shelves of makeup, the list goes on. She simply has so. Much. Stuff. It’s mindblowing. A house crammed with non-essential tat and rattling her Patreon/twitter tip jar/ pure shameless begging.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
The squatty potty is for everyday pooing. In the west we’ve not got the type of toilets you squat over, which is the correct poo position. That’s right, y’all are pooing wrong!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.