Jack Monroe #240 Schwankend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I liked it!

Slightly OT - I am 40 years old this year, My husband does not let me take pots of yoghurt to work because I never bring the teaspoon home. I have to have froobs :LOL: :LOL:
Morning grunk so we might have moved on but I bought some aspirational teaspoons a few years ago from tkmaxx. I hadn't realised my children were packing them to use with their school snack yoghurt and now I only have one left.
*Feeling mournful*

Also, my grandma collects decorative teaspoons and would have loved some of jack's haul.

I was recently given two teeny silver spoons and was almost disappointed I'm no longer the party girl, they'd have been great little pieces of pretentious 'parephenalia'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Brand new member, longtime lurker here! I joined to say I found the eBay listing for the vintage cutlery!

As you can see where Jack claims to have just purchased two sets - actually 7 were included in the listing - looks like maybe only a couple of extras were thrown in (assuming they weren't also just purchased) - plus that little Rolex spoon was already part of the bundle (as it's pictured on the original listing). And while it's true the listing was under £70 (£60 as sold), there was also £45 postage bringing the total to the sum of £105!
I’m late blah blah but have to say - EXCELLENT first post

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
We've all seen her rancid brass kettle 🤢
Is this a euphemism?

On an eternal grunk so sorry if someone has already alluded to her 'brass kettle'.
I had a wee read in the middle of the night and can't get the image out of my head of her bit gauche fisting mime.
Feel a bit chokey this morning

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
I’ve been on what feels like an eternal grunk, but I can honestly say the first time I have ever laughed out loud at these threads was reading the post with the eBay listing from @HodgeSplodge 😂

Just. Why lie?! It’s chronic at this point.
I’ve been MIA on the SnapshotEye threads. He’s basically a lower level Jack.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
I love it when she posts lies for highs, then (inevitably) an innocent squiggle says 'maybe stolen?/what about mercury?/are you still vegan?/pronouns?' and she responds with 'HELLSITE'. It's as predictable as the sun rising in the East.

• Haha
Reactions: 76
I love it when she posts lies for highs, then (inevitably) an innocent squiggle says 'maybe stolen?/what about mercury?/are you still vegan?/pronouns?' and she responds with 'HELLSITE'. It's as predictable as the sun rising in the East.
What gets me, every time, is that she receives thousands and thousands of positive messages but must trawl through them in order to find the odd neutral or negative ones to respond to. It's like - if it's not total and complete affirmation then it's RUINED the whole thing for her. This is probably a metaphor for something or other.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
You know what? I couldn’t tell. I thought she was just one these people that was slightly getting on your wick and sometimes said something that hit a nerve but most of the time lived in the background of your unconscious completely rent free.

😶
I *despise* liars at any level, but when they have a large platform like this it takes me to another level 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 42
What gets me, every time, is that she receives thousands and thousands of positive messages but must trawl through them in order to find the odd neutral or negative ones to respond to. It's like - if it's not total and complete affirmation then it's RUINED the whole thing for her. This is probably a metaphor for something or other.
Yes, it's so weird. The vast majority of comments are positive, with some way over the top "Jesus sent you the Rolex spoon from above, because you are the chosen one. Here's a pic of my shrine to you."

• Haha
Reactions: 54
This is why she does it. The truth ('I spunked over a hundred quid on some tat from ebay') wouldn't make as good a 'story'.

Screenshot 2022-01-15 at 09.29.39.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Our teaspoons go walkabout and I regularly use baby spoons even though kids no longer babies.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Wouldn't it be HILARIOUS if she got done for receiving stolen goods, thanks to her bragging about it on twitter?

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I’m not counting all my spoons because I have waaaaaay too many. In my defence my Grandma collected tea spoons and I inherited her collection

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Erm couple things here. Looking at the eBay seller, I can't see any evidence that they are a registered business? They also have only 5 feedback ratings as a seller, the rest of the 887 are ratings as a buyer, so hardly a sign they have been "trading in similar for a long time". Unless I'm missing something here, it would suggest, once again -

jimmy-nail-shes-lying.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.