Jack Monroe #240 Schwankend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why did she lie? It is such a truly pointless thing to lie about. I can only presume she wants it to a) look like she isn't knowingly buying vast amounts of tatty tit and b) it is another tale to show how quirky she is, how things like this could only happen to the hapless smol pixie (like wandering into army shooting ranges 🙄) Ruthless ebay sellers falling for the whimsical charms of Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Why did she lie? It is such a truly pointless thing to lie about. I can only presume she wants it to a) look like she isn't knowingly buying vast amounts of tatty tit and b) it is another tale to show how quirky she is, how things like this could only happen to the hapless smol pixie (like wandering into army shooting ranges 🙄) Ruthless ebay sellers falling for the whimsical charms of Jack.
The cynic in me thinks she wants to “normalise” people giving her gifts. And downplay her massive shopping compulsion. Poor little Jack, excited at getting extra free second-hand spoons, but she needs them for her work! She got issues is what she got.

Reactions: 51
Thanks to Silver's closeup of this reflection, I now have some idea of what it must feel like to be a bowl of slop, staring up in fear and hatred at the one who orchestrated my wretched fate.

View attachment 989659
Nice iPhone 13 Pro Max there.

ETA: Of course everybody else got there first. £1500+ and the service account on top.

That Turd Pudding gig must have paid well.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
She doesn't think she will get called out.

Anyone that knows her will know any criticism will cause a full narc meltdown, easier to bite your tongue then go through those motions.

She buries dissenters on the HellSite with doggos and lukewarm politics.

I honestly think she didn't know the sale could be triangulated. She's probably HOWLING at this.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Definitely an air of ‘Look at lucky smol me, I’m given gifts all the time, even when people don’t know it’s really me!’
And yes, trying to conceal that she just bought the job lot on a whim.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
She has lived in smaller places than the shungalow so I do wonder how much stuff she’s been carting round with her, and how much has been bought in the last 3-4 years

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I have just about got my composure back. Minging.

Jack, please don't take any more pictures of your "hoard" THANKYOU.
When I checked Jack's twitter before grunking and saw all the cutlery pics, my first thought was 'MancBee!' I'm glad you're OK!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Didn’t a squig recently say they were unfollowing because the cutlery (weird squirly handled ones) in a pic of slop was expensive and didn’t add up? It’s like her duck you to that.

anyway here are some appropriate spoons

B62D48EC-3628-4FE0-8623-E410D126624B.jpeg
8FB3E6D9-C219-4565-A75F-58944B9E0538.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
She has lived in smaller places than the shungalow so I do wonder how much stuff she’s been carting round with her, and how much has been bought in the last 3-4 years
I think she's buying stuff because she's lonely and bored, along with her other issues. I buy books when I feel down, charity shop, new, whatever, they're my comfort item. It's something I've recognised over the years, and try to check myself over it, although my TBR pile is still shocking. Buying things is such a temporary fix, and why she's still in this state despite the 16 weeks of therapy, and therapists on speed dial, is quite shocking. You'd expect to see some improve surely?

• Heart
Reactions: 67
I can't be arsed counting my spoons and nobody would really be interested anyway. However none of them are rusty, so these meme are not reflective of anything of MINE...
salad-fingers-memes-salad-fingers-41206192-418-303.jpg

The reality of accepting a hot beverage at JM's crappy bungalow
51vrBPU5qBL._AC_SY355_.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Perhaps the spoons are a metaphor for her disabilities, but once again she misunderstood the assignment and has too many spoons.

Speaking of assignments, it seems pretty clear that none are being completed. ("Didn't complete it, mate")

Searched for spoons ["spoons (from:bootstrapcook)"]. Found this screenie
Yep you can’t eat slop with a fork

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Spoonchat is making me a bit nervous. I don't think I've got an excessive number, but you have to take the range into account.

I've got all the usual spoons you'd expect to find in a cutlery drawer, a few extra cheap wooden ones because they're handy, but then there's three sets of measuring spoons (for reasons!) and outside of the kitchen we're looking at some Welsh lovespoons (gifted!) and a terrible necklace with a spoon on from a well-meaning "spoonie" friend who has clearly never seen coke spoons (gifted!) and that's before looking at gardening spoons and spoons in skincare products or secreted elsewhere.

Spoonshame. I has it.

PS the tiny silver honey spoon I stole from a restaurant because I'm a dick and just loved it so much I couldn't help it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Have you tried one of those telescopic magnets?
I didn’t even think of that . Honestly it’s such an awkward angle and I’m a bit on the lazy side ( not jack level lazy mind you😂) we’re moving house in a few months so I’ll need to get it sorted by then . I’m genuinely a bit scared to venture into the cats secret lair - who knows what she’s got there!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.