• Bathroom

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Garden

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Under stairs cupboard

Votes: 67 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title by @DisgruntledGoat Nommed by @Rekyavikgirl

Please remember no thread title noms until the end of the thread and to use ‘thread title’ or ‘thread title suggestion/nomination’. No swearing in them please.

Pink button is a wiki for newbies.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Thanks for the new thread @Silver Linings :)

I posted this at the end of the last thread, but I really feel it is too good a counting opportunity to miss..... please forgive my indulgence!

I have 12 big spoons, 6 soup spoons, 4 tea spoons (where the duck do they all go?) That's my main cutlery draw. Then I have a posh (£40 from Argos in a fancy satin lined box) set for Crimbo and the like which has 8 big spoons, 8 soup spoons and 8 tea spoons, plus 2 serving spoons.

Therefore, in my household of 2 normal adults, we have 48 spoons. This is excessive, I am going to list them on ebay for Jack to purchase for a hefty fee.

How many spoons do you have cabal??

• Haha
Reactions: 40
@Veronicaaa - can't quote properly from previous thread but don't worry - the sheer amount of stuff she buys there will inevitably be some gems in the piles of tit

Reactions: 21
I had a spoon story at the end of the thread but it was dull so I am not reposting it.

I might kick off about something vaguely on-topic later.

Who knows.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I had a spoon story at the end of the thread but it was dull so I am not reposting it.

I might kick off about something vaguely on-topic later.

Who knows.
I liked it!

Slightly OT - I am 40 years old this year, My husband does not let me take pots of yoghurt to work because I never bring the teaspoon home. I have to have froobs :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 126
Heart breaking to think that within 2-3 generations you can go from surviving genocide and bringing the only asset you’ve got with you for your survival, to your ancestor trying to give them to a prolific grifter.

That’s the most heart breaking thing I’ve seen all 2 years of this bizarre social media case study. Actually truly upsetting.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 129
Those pictures are bringing me out in a sweat! DISCLAIMER - I do have about 10 extra teaspoons because, well they're teaspoons and they go walkabout!!
Why does a single person need that much crappy cutlery that won't get used. It's not like Jack's having umpteen dinner parties and gets to show it all off to friends.
Anyone who sees this and still believe that Jack will ever be struggling to pay rent and or bills is a fool!!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
When I saw those mounds of grubby spoons to add to the existing chaos of her cutlery drawers...

Only Jack could embark on a decluttering/reorganisation drive and within 48 hours have accumulated more boxes of junk she doesn't need. It's abundantly clear, if there was ever any doubt, that she's a hoarder and compulsive spender.

Poor SB. It must be like living in a bloody charity shop.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Thanks for the new thread @Silver Linings :)

I posted this at the end of the last thread, but I really feel it is too good a counting opportunity to miss..... please forgive my indulgence!

I have 12 big spoons, 6 soup spoons, 4 tea spoons (where the duck do they all go?) That's my main cutlery draw. Then I have a posh (£40 from Argos in a fancy satin lined box) set for Crimbo and the like which has 8 big spoons, 8 soup spoons and 8 tea spoons, plus 2 serving spoons.

Therefore, in my household of 2 normal adults, we have 48 spoons. This is excessive, I am going to list them on ebay for Jack to purchase for a hefty fee.

How many spoons do you have cabal??
I am in bed, so think people will not be impressed if I get out and start rummaging to count. Too many though. We even have some 'Neighbours' teaspoons (think they might have come with teabags?) from the 80s which were among the nonsense my parents emigrated with.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Imagine being the poor HMRC enforcement officer who will have to go through all her piles of shite to find enough stuff to PAY HER TAX BILL.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Brand new member, longtime lurker here! I joined to say I found the eBay listing for the vintage cutlery!

As you can see where Jack claims to have just purchased two sets - actually 7 were included in the listing - looks like maybe only a couple of extras were thrown in (assuming they weren't also just purchased) - plus that little Rolex spoon was already part of the bundle (as it's pictured on the original listing). And while it's true the listing was under £70 (£60 as sold), there was also £45 postage bringing the total to the sum of £105!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 201
The idea that she is somehow going to use the hundreds of spoons she has 'for work' is a joke.

The only way this would ever be accurate is if you sold spoons for a living. You're not using them. You're turning your home into a charity shop 🤷

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Brand new member, longtime lurker here! I joined to say I found the eBay listing for the vintage cutlery!

As you can see where Jack claims to have just purchased two sets - actually 7 were included in the listing - looks like maybe only a couple of extras were thrown in (assuming they weren't also just purchased) - plus that little Rolex spoon was already part of the bundle (as it's pictured on the original listing). And while it's true the listing was under £70 (£60 as sold), there was also £45 postage bringing the total to the sum of £105!
Well, well, well! What an absolute gem of a find! I suspect you will be very welcome here @HodgeSplodge!!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 107
The idea that she is somehow going to use all 200 spoons she has 'for work' is a joke.

The only way this would ever be accurate is if you sold spoons for a living. You're not using them. You're turning your home into a charity shop 🤷
She's going to treat us to a version of Landslide, played on the spoons.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
I am in bed, so think people will not be impressed if I get out and start rummaging to count. Too many though. We even have some 'Neighbours' teaspoons (think they might have come with teabags?) from the 80s which were among the nonsense my parents emigrated with.
LIVE SCENES FROM THE BUNGALOW

‘Precious, rare, Neighbours spoons you say… may I ask… are they a bit green and rusty and probably harbouring ancient botulism….?’

618a507ff1ef74d023ffdc9795360113f1efa4e9&rid=giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.