Jack Monroe #240 Schwankend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's got a far bigger addiction to shopping than I imagined. It's completely out of control. I used to do tit like that when I wa speeding.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
Thanks for the new thread @Silver Linings :)

I posted this at the end of the last thread, but I really feel it is too good a counting opportunity to miss..... please forgive my indulgence!

I have 12 big spoons, 6 soup spoons, 4 tea spoons (where the duck do they all go?) That's my main cutlery draw. Then I have a posh (£40 from Argos in a fancy satin lined box) set for Crimbo and the like which has 8 big spoons, 8 soup spoons and 8 tea spoons, plus 2 serving spoons.

Therefore, in my household of 2 normal adults, we have 48 spoons. This is excessive, I am going to list them on ebay for Jack to purchase for a hefty fee.

How many spoons do you have cabal??
6 teaspoons, 5 pudding spoons, a big stirrer/serving spoon and a ladle.
If that was me - and thank LJC I'm not - I'd be off pronto with all the silver hallmarked ones to flog as scrap.

Reactions: 18

I posted this at the end of the last thread, but I really feel it is too good a counting opportunity to miss..... please forgive my indulgence!

I have 12 big spoons, 6 soup spoons, 4 tea spoons (where the duck do they all go?) That's my main cutlery draw. Then I have a posh (£40 from Argos in a fancy satin lined box) set for Crimbo and the like which has 8 big spoons, 8 soup spoons and 8 tea spoons, plus 2 serving spoons.

Therefore, in my household of 2 normal adults, we have 48 spoons. This is excessive, I am going to list them on ebay for Jack to purchase for a hefty fee.

Ehhhm, about 20 maybe ranging from the teaspoon my sibling stole and shoved in my handbag one drunken evening to ladles…

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She's got a far bigger addiction to shopping than I imagined. It's completely out of control. I used to do tit like that when I wa speeding.
It reminds me of the twitter posts that used to be popular, when people are like 'this just came through the post, I have no recollection of ordering it, must have been stoned out my tree' and there's a pic of the most hideous T shirt ever (generally with a wolf printed on it, much like Jack's old duvet cover), or 10,000 boxes of Haribo Tangfastics or whatever.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
FE2D4412-7D47-4A96-BE99-C88DA7E1C4C5.jpeg

If she displays her grotty old utensils in her worn boots, what’s she going to stick her cutlery in?

I am by no means a minimalist, but all the images I’ve seen of her kitchen stuff gives me anxiety. No wonder moving is such a monumental task for her.

88B9E9DE-0FE5-41F1-9EAE-F35CB8AE06D4.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Brand new member, longtime lurker here! I joined to say I found the eBay listing for the vintage cutlery!

As you can see where Jack claims to have just purchased two sets - actually 7 were included in the listing - looks like maybe only a couple of extras were thrown in (assuming they weren't also just purchased) - plus that little Rolex spoon was already part of the bundle (as it's pictured on the original listing). And while it's true the listing was under £70 (£60 as sold), there was also £45 postage bringing the total to the sum of £105!
£45 postage!!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
What purpose did it serve to lie about how she acquired them?! Why the big hoo-haa about having things thrown in for free as a second thought from the seller? Why?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
She wants people to think she's frugal.
The price was the same price though?! 😂 so instead of getting more for less money, it made her look like she was buying more spendy things and got some muddy puddle gifts for free? I’m genuinely confused!

• Haha
Reactions: 39

Confession, we have loads of cutlery. We buy to sell on, esp bone handled stuff.
Very saleable, she didn’t get from us. Fish knives and forks are stupid and never sell. None of what Jack brought is quality, you can pick up boxes of it at auctions £10-20 a box. Now good stuff is another matter.
The postage on that lot would be horrendous.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I’ve just noticed in that fireplace pic there are four pairs of DMs (£100 a pop) plus the Mulberry bag. Like a grands worth of stuff and it looks like trashed tit.

How can she use the #homeonabootstrap tag and keep a straight face?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
View attachment 988861

If she displays her grotty old utensils in her worn boots, what’s she going to stick her cutlery in?

I am by no means a minimalist, but all the images I’ve seen of her kitchen stuff gives me anxiety. No wonder moving is such a monumental task for her.

View attachment 988864
Please correct me if I am wrong, because this is not an area which I am familiar with, but if you have stopped drinking (for whatever reason) and what to continue to not drink, why would it be a good idea to have the old bottles in full view in your house? Surely they would be behavioural or emotional triggers in some way? This post seems to me yet another clue that she has no idea what people who are truly going through addiction issues are suffering.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.