Jack Monroe #240 Schwankend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to harp on about this but I'm aghast. Today's haul of tat is going to have to somehow be incorporated into this:

Screenshot_20220114-141623_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220114-141500_Samsung Internet.jpg

And that's only a fraction of what she actually has. It's simply not normal to have so much stuff, food writer or not. And when you're constantly whingeing about your beautiful, massive house being too small for you - maybe try reducing the pointless crap you already have rather than constantly adding to it!?

I'm not a huge Marie Kondo fan (minimalism isn't really in my vocabulary), but if anyone needs her approach, it's Jack.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
I have just about got my composure back. Minging.

Jack, please don't take any more pictures of your "hoard" THANKYOU.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Jack’s spoon haul is making me think of that heart wrenching moment in Far and Away when a nasty man steals Nicole Kidman’s box of silver spoons that she brought all the way to America from Ireland. ‘My spoons, my spoons!’

Jack was complaining the other day of nowhere to cook stuff, clean stuff, store stuff. So, ya know - buying a shitload of vintage spoons is always the way to go.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 58
Brand new member, longtime lurker here! I joined to say I found the eBay listing for the vintage cutlery!

As you can see where Jack claims to have just purchased two sets - actually 7 were included in the listing - looks like maybe only a couple of extras were thrown in (assuming they weren't also just purchased) - plus that little Rolex spoon was already part of the bundle (as it's pictured on the original listing). And while it's true the listing was under £70 (£60 as sold), there was also £45 postage bringing the total to the sum of £105!
HOW MUCH!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Brand new member, longtime lurker here! I joined to say I found the eBay listing for the vintage cutlery!

As you can see where Jack claims to have just purchased two sets - actually 7 were included in the listing - looks like maybe only a couple of extras were thrown in (assuming they weren't also just purchased) - plus that little Rolex spoon was already part of the bundle (as it's pictured on the original listing). And while it's true the listing was under £70 (£60 as sold), there was also £45 postage bringing the total to the sum of £105!
I love that spoons were your tipping point! What a great find.

Sorry to harp on about this but I'm aghast. Today's haul of tat is going to have to somehow be incorporated into this:

And that's only a fraction of what she actually has. It's simply not normal to have so much stuff, food writer or not. And when you're constantly whingeing about your beautiful, massive house being too small for you - maybe try reducing the pointless crap you already have rather than constantly adding to it!?

I'm not a huge Marie Kondo fan (minimalism isn't really in my vocabulary), but if anyone needs her approach, it's Jack.
That is insane. It looks more like a flea market type place than someone's home.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Some of those polished up and mounted in box frames would look decent enough. Like something from Dunelm lol. (Obvs too much work for Jack, where those tree pictures at?!)

£105 for a bunch of rusty spoons is madness though, I don't think I've spent that on cutlery combined in my life!

• Haha
Reactions: 40

amazing work and welcome!

i was going to count our spoons when i got home. then i remembered that mr kcc rescued a tonne of old cutlery his colleague was gonna toss and we've not sorted yet, so i have no idea how many spoons we currently possess

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

Omg this is truly an iconic entrance thank you!

How do you non member lurkers survive without print screens?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 116
Heart breaking to think that within 2-3 generations you can go from surviving genocide and bringing the only asset you’ve got with you for your survival, to your ancestor trying to give them to a prolific grifter.

That’s the most heart breaking thing I’ve seen all 2 years of this bizarre social media case study. Actually truly upsetting.
Isn’t it just. That was her actual treasure you cretinous little squig bastard.

I was waiting for this! Clever sausage.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
A bit gauche to screenshot myself from the last thread but… CALLED IT!

D4722E8C-41EF-4E7D-9C07-41C44B8982AF.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 109
Even though I had no hand in the thread title, I feel proud and patriotic.

Danke, liebe Frauen und Herr Manchester-Biene und Herr Billy Eichel.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
So the spoons cost £105 total, but how much sodding Brasso is she going to need to clean the whole filthy hoard?

• Haha
Reactions: 46

This is brilliant. She's such an effing .... liar person.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Omg this is truly an iconic entrance thank you!

How do you non member lurkers survive without print screens?!
Pretty sure non-members can see print screens and gifs, so Jack’s lawyer can easily keep up from Israel without need of a compromising log in ... ruh roh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Heart breaking to think that within 2-3 generations you can go from surviving genocide and bringing the only asset you’ve got with you for your survival, to your ancestor trying to give them to a prolific grifter.

That’s the most heart breaking thing I’ve seen all 2 years of this bizarre social media case study. Actually truly upsetting.
I concur. That story is genuinely upsetting. Hope the squig's family intervene. I understand not everyone has space or can make use of family heirlooms, but this is something else.

HOW MUCH!!!
@MancBee please take some beta blockers and step away from the thread. I fear for your wellbeing.

Also, amazing find @HodgeSplodge. She really can't help but lie about every single thing.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Pretty sure non-members can see print screens and gifs, so Jack’s lawyer can easily keep up from Israel without need of a compromising log in ... ruh roh.
You can see them but you can't click to make them bigger (the print screens)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Ah, EBay, those were the days. When one searched for the latest Boden rainy day Mac and flogged last year’s Joules Breton with jaunty bees on.

Now it is all FB marketplace “have my tit for free, please just be here when you say you will thx.”

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.