Jack Monroe #240 Schwankend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As far as I can tell, the seller doesn't have "thousands of positive recommendations" either, they have under a thousand.
Having a look at the sellers feedback. In the past 12 months they only have two as a seller, and 71 as a buyer. So not sure how Jack can be sure they are a reputable business from those statistics.

I love facts.

ETA @Nottonightbabe got there just seconds before me. 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Having a look at the sellers feedback. In the past 12 months they only have two as a seller, and 71 as a buyer. So not sure how Jack can be sure they are a reputable business from those statistics.

I love facts.
I can't get my head around the fact that she KNOWS people here will check receipts yet she keeps on lying. She's so addicted to the attention, she's harming herself in search of it. In fact, it's as harmful as taking a drink or using other substances when you think about what it is doing to her health and psyche and those of others, and the last remaining shreds of her career.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
Erm couple things here. Looking at the eBay seller, I can't see any evidence that they are a registered business? They also have only 5 feedback ratings as a seller, the rest of the 887 are ratings as a buyer
Oh that's so funny. I've not done ebay in ages so I assumed the 887 ratings were as a seller. Only FIVE! Hahaha.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I love it when she posts lies for highs, then (inevitably) an innocent squiggle says 'maybe stolen?/what about mercury?/are you still vegan?/pronouns?' and she responds with 'HELLSITE'. It's as predictable as the sun rising in the East.
This hellsite = her "it's so unfair". She is like Kevin the teenager in an episode of black mirror.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I can't get my head around the fact that she KNOWS people here will check receipts yet she keeps on lying. She's so addicted to the attention, she's harming herself in search of it. In fact, it's as harmful as taking a drink or using other substances when you think about what it is doing to her health and psyche and those of others, and the last remaining shreds of her career.
By publicly lying further - compulsively elevenerifing her own lies - she's also going to get more 'truthers' in her mentions. I wouldn't and I'm not suggesting anyone else does but she makes it SO TEMPTING to link to the ebay listing and go 'uhhh, this person doesn't have thousands of seller recommendations and is not a business??'

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Ebay man is selling more cutlery....

Do you remember the scene in the Harry Potter film where they go to the bank vault and every time they touch something it triples? They end up being nearly drowned in silverware and it's like a wave of metal coming down on them.

That's Jack's house that is.

• Haha
Reactions: 68
Personally the thing I find most distressing about spoongate is that it suggests that she intends to keep cooking - and photographing - slop for attention (and money) on the internet.

I just really want her erased from the public consciousness. No harm or ills to come to her (although of course it would be a catastrophic wound to her ego) but for people to forget her and moreover stop associating poverty and activism with this dreadful liar who hasn’t spent a day in her life actually poor.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Those just aren’t any boots, those are the Dr Martens Pascal in a limited edition blue print based off of an old 18th century English plate. I do have a fair few pairs of DMs myself, but always appreciated this pattern. They’re from FW2015, so post poverty but when she was probably scraping in patreon payments (I don’t know when that started sorry if that’s incorrect) and they would’ve been between £100-£150 new (leaning towards the higher end as limited editions are usually more)

ETA £125 new, fetching £180 and £270 on two different eBay listings now!
I've mentioned this before but as a lifelong willow pattern afficionada, they were my dream DMs for years. Even when jack got them.
I still check then out on eBay now and then, they just seem to go up in price!

Until I discovered tattle.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
There's no way I'm counting my spoons, but my cookbooks are arranged by colour. So I'm not sure where I stand in all this.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Wonder if she's still dino napping or trawling Ebay for Faberge Eggs she can claim were sent to her as a freebie with her order of the 1991 Beano annual.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
There is no need for her to be sharing this stuff, but she’s desperate for the attention. So then she downplays it because she has to keep pretending she has a case of the pov.
I do think she is incredibly bored. A job would sort so much of this out but we know it’s never going to happen. Structure, getting out of the house, being around people. Work can be incredibly positive but she won’t see that.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
There's no way I'm counting my spoons, but my cookbooks are arranged by colour. So I'm not sure where I stand in all this.
I don't have any cookbooks, probably the average amount of cutlery and no interest in acquiring any more so 🤷

• Haha
Reactions: 25
... Work can be incredibly positive but she won’t see that.
Please don't inflict her on us working fraus, we'd never hear the end of it. Can you imagine? She'd be totally ridiculed in our place. For our more 'difficult' colleagues - funny enough, both of them show Jacksie narc tendencies - invoke massive eye rolls in the rest of us. I'm sure other more learned ninnies have the same Smol pixies in your workplace...

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I don't have any cookbooks, probably the average amount of cutlery and no interest in acquiring any more so 🤷
Same. I keep hoping someone says they’ve an excessive amount of forks they want rid of. I’ve been a permanent home worker for a number of years including pre-pandemic, so have no reason to take them out of the house. My other half on the other hand, seems to take a couple with him every time he goes out. We’ve now got 2 forks and the spork for mixing the dogs food. (8 knives, spoons and teaspoons).
will need to trawl jack’s slop recipes next time I’m having a dinner party as everyone will need to use spoons.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Please don't inflict her on us working fraus, we'd never hear the end of it. Can you imagine? She'd be totally ridiculed in our place. For our more 'difficult' colleagues - funny enough, both of them show Jacksie narc tendencies - invoke massive eye rolls in the rest of us. I'm sure other more learned ninnies have the same Smol pixies in your workplace...
i mean there are some arseholes in my place. They give us something to talk about though.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.