Jack Monroe #240 Schwankend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am not counting spoons. A few years back, my mother got rid of her wedding cutlery, acquired through someone's cigarette tokens - we're classy like that. She bought two full sets to replace them. Why, I do not know, given she was the only person living in the house at the time. She's got a lot in common with Jack, although she doesn't rent, grift, lie, and pays her taxes!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Just looked at GoHENRYsquig, she’s got a nice cat and she made a lovely pie too. She’s great!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Just looked at GoHENRYsquig, she’s got a nice cat and she made a lovely pie too. She’s great!
She’s so cool. 👋 GH squig!

Re. Spoons, I also have wine so I’m not joining in. I thought my sister had a beautiful silver spoon from her christening, then realised that none of us were christened, so… yeah, I’m out.

Back on topic, it’s amazing how even something as innocuous as spoons can shine a light on the grift @HodgeSplodge you’re a legend!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Perhaps the spoons are a metaphor for her disabilities, but once again she misunderstood the assignment and has too many spoons.

Speaking of assignments, it seems pretty clear that none are being completed. ("Didn't complete it, mate")

Searched for spoons ["spoons (from:bootstrapcook)"]. Found this screenie
How did she eat the poop pudding?

It was too soft for a fork!

Oh yeah I forgot it was binned after photo, forgive me fraus I was momentarily confused.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
The sandwich is still bothering me.
Is this going to be the new granola for you?

Been on the slowest grunk ever but am in bed so not going to count our spoons just now. But I swear we have more baby spoons than actual spoons and just like teaspoons they disappear and reappear at various intervals. Or as Mr Beds says ‘they seem to have had baby spoons of their own’.

A lot of our cutlery is a mash up of what we had before we got together alongside a set the in laws bestowed upon us (nice but a bit clunky). My mum had a special occasion set of cutlery - you knew it was something fancy or a big family do when that got cracked out. Few years back she replaced the day to day cutlery but kept the old stuff as ‘surplus for when we have family dos’. Is she Jack?! :eek:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
She'll be along shortly with a 'please leave me alone', I'm sure! Total 🐂 shitter, the squigs will find a way to ignore and excuse it though as per 😮💨

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Felt like weighing in on the cutlery talk. I can’t deal with unmatching cutlery for some reason, and some spoons offend me. My mum has one I refuse to use.
My teaspoons appear to disappear in the night as I’ve gone from 8 down to 3 :( so now trying to 🔺 what set I actually have so they remain MATCHING

PS my draining board is on the right

• Heart
Reactions: 31
All the spoon talk has inspired me to write a wee poem. If it doesn't make much sense, it's because I'm not a professional word wrangler.

Hey diddle diddle, Jack's on the fiddle
Promising five thousand things "coming soon..."
The whole cabal laughed at what would never be done
And Call4Fish sent some more tun(a)!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.