Jack Monroe #238 Honestly, they're like two stupid pigeons fighting over a discarded doughnut

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How can she ‘be at the count for this one’. Is she working there? Volunteering for a party? As far as I know you can’t just rock up to an election count, am I wrong?
It reads to me like the people doing the counting need to watch their backs because Jack will be prowling around making sure they do it properly.

Also: out of Jack’s most overused Twitter emojis, which one gives you the most rage? For me it’s 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 34
No one other than the tories are winning that election Jack for fucks sake. No tactical voting needed. Just stop.
I'd be surprised if the other parties get much more than 15% combined, to be honest. UKIP will be a very distant second. Fransen will possibly be third, solely because of name recognition. The "Psychedelic Movement" one might get single figures of votes.

Reactions: 27
You can’t just rock up at a count. You have to be invited for legitimate reasons OR a fully registered and trained member of the literal counting team. Numbers are limited for security and on top of that we have a pannyD going on. Also they’re boring as duck, everyone is miserable and tired and going is absolutely nothing to brag about. Good snacks usually though.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
How can she ‘be at the count for this one’. Is she working there? Volunteering for a party? As far as I know you can’t just rock up to an election count, am I wrong?
You can’t - otherwise I’m sure some parties would use intimidation through numbers. I’ve been to one - as friend/flyer distributor of a candidate long ago - was actually really exciting to see democracy in action.

Reactions: 28
People allowed at the count (from memory) journalists, candidates and a couple of people each, the people counting the votes (used to be anyone who worked for the local authority where I lived could volunteer).

• Heart
Reactions: 25
People allowed at the count (from memory) journalists, candidates and a couple of people each, the people counting the votes (used to be anyone who worked for the local authority where I lived could volunteer).
Some places get bank tellers in to do the counting faster.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I'd be surprised if the other parties get much more than 15% combined, to be honest. UKIP will be a very distant second. Fransen will possibly be third, solely because of name recognition. The "Psychedelic Movement" one might get single figures of votes.
Seriously. All ‘tactical voting’ will do is increase the number of people turning out to vote Con.
It’ll make no difference to the result, but why would you bother if you were anti Tory?

Reactions: 24
Can just see her rocking up and demanding to be let in in her journalistic capacity because her Dad’s an MBE and she used to write a column of outright lies for the Southend Echo.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She's holding out for a press pass which she'll wear around her neck on a lanyard for the next 6 months. I'M WITH THE PRESS!!

download-7.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
"who was murdered on the job" is a very strange way of wording it.

This is the first time Jack has mentioned David Amess' murder, and she's only doing it as a political point-scoring exercise. She can't seem to imagine politics as anything other than a very tribal Us vs Them.
I was glad about this at the time and given that Jack had planned to stand against him for her helf-arse NHS party, pleasantly surprised. It's galling that she needs to insert her vacuous opinions now.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.