Jack Monroe #238 Honestly, they're like two stupid pigeons fighting over a discarded doughnut

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aww no don't let her get to you...just imagine Geoff Capes Jackie weightlifting an eleventy-million kg sideboard up and down the streets of sarfend. And the 'strongest mamapapa in the world' vibes' minus the Geoff Capes mustache - gets me 🦉everytime. Edit to add #1: failing that, like the Laurel and Hardy piano sketch
Edit to add #2: pic of Geoff lifting the wads of cash Fack needs to pay her tax bill...

View attachment 983326
Geoff Capes you say? My good friend Navid has something to say about that and by chocolate, he means Jack's sticky brown poo monstrosity.
Navid.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
How can she ‘be at the count for this one’. Is she working there? Volunteering for a party? As far as I know you can’t just rock up to an election count, am I wrong?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
How can she ‘be at the count for this one’. Is she working there? Volunteering for a party? As far as I know you can’t just rock up to an election count, am I wrong?
wondered the same. and also wondering what in the hell difference it would make if she was physically there.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Why would you bother to go to the count for a local election that is a foregone conclusion? Also she made no comment at all on Twitter about the murder, did she? You’d think as a resident of Southend she’d express some shock/sorrow/condolences? It doesn’t matter what one’s personal political feelings are, it was terrible that Amess was killed at work - and it seems from what I’ve read about him that he was committed and hard working and not on the take. I disagree with his politics but he wasn’t a Tory in the same was as eg Christopher Chope who I don’t think I could find any sympathy for.

Reactions: 46
Her manic dream pixie replies to every tweet are because she's seen the praise Nigella gets for doing something similar.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
"who was murdered on the job" is a very strange way of wording it.

This is the first time Jack has mentioned David Amess' murder, and she's only doing it as a political point-scoring exercise. She can't seem to imagine politics as anything other than a very tribal Us vs Them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50

This is the first time Jack has mentioned David Amess' murder, and she's only doing it as a political point-scoring exercise. She can't seem to imagine politics as anything other than a very tribal Us vs Them.
It really jars doesn’t it? It is also odd how she picks and chooses what she gets irate about on Twitter.

What is the oddest thing is why I spend my limited brain power trying to figure all this out.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

She was clever to keep shtum at the time as the only time she’d ever mentioned him before was negatively, as is her right. She is gross. Journo Jack can take her notepad and go and hang around the count with her Ziggy Stardust get up.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47

She seems to be trying to sensationalise the election? I've always thought it best to just ignore the far right and let them fade into obscurity (unless they're literally on the streets in which case, some direct action in the form of protest etc). They're not going to be getting many votes, are they? They rely on idiots like Jack who inflate their importance.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Her manic dream pixie replies to every tweet are because she's seen the praise Nigella gets for doing something similar.
and as far as I can tell people mention Nigella either spontaneously or in replies to her regular recipe of the day feature. Jack puts a call out for responses and then gets deluged.

• Haha
  • Sick
I'm looking at the list of nominated candidates she posted and it just strikes me as good news that they've splintered into so many tiny groups to split the vote further 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 37
No one other than the tories are winning that election Jack for fucks sake. No tactical voting needed. Just stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
and as far as I can tell people mention Nigella either spontaneously or in replies to her regular recipe of the day feature. Jack puts a call out for responses and then gets deluged.
Totally - it happens organically and Nigella replies on the DL rather than making a big song and dance about it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.