Jack Monroe #238 Honestly, they're like two stupid pigeons fighting over a discarded doughnut

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This happened to me too. I was very surprised, think mine went for under a tenner too.
I think the current DM fans are the type who think second hand = dirty.
Not like my day when skanky was the actual fashion. I remember when we used to purposely scuff new shoes so they didn't look new.
Although I realise not everyone was like that, there was also the preppy look running alongside us urban Woodstock wannabes.

I was just having a FB scroll and a notification popped up from jack's make up group, there was a lot of excitement about someone touching a particular birkin bag model.
I googled it and the first one the came up costs 69k and looks like it's been vandalised with an ironic meta nod to the daylight robbery.
Just looked again and see it's been customised by a stret artist.
I hope he has a right old chuckle when he made this https://csd.shop/products/women/bags/alec-monopoly-black-togo-leather-birkin-40.html
I spent days scuffing up my docs and then got home from school to find my ex forces parent had spit & polished them to a shine I never quite managed to get rid of…🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Miguel Barclay once again making an appealing plate of food, no ridiculous costings, no whizzing water and flour to make a cheese sauce, no fish oil, slow cooker or naff scene setting preamble either.
Just a little heads up, watch out for your insta pic being visible. 🥴❤

Reactions: 21
Of course the website resurrected from a backup in 2018 isn't going to let people subscribe now. Why would Jack direct people there when it's as fucked up as it is? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Mithering helped me through those dark days too although I was but a lurker in the early days. Missed the DKL ninny fest, I’d have loved that. 😬

In honour of those balmy days of the first lockdown and the continued batshit behaviour from JM -

thread title nom: Unbridled wonderment and unfettered surrealism
I'd have loved it too, I watched the episodes through some nefarious means and owl fizzed retrospectively.

I came just after dkl and in time for Mel donte. What a time we've had!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I spent days scuffing up my docs and then got home from school to find my ex forces parent had spit & polished them to a shine I never quite managed to get rid of…🙄
Ha, my grandad was forces and my mum always made me polish my shoes!

I went abroad and stayed with some distant relatives in the early 90s with my then bf. We were full traveller vibes and the mum ironed indelible creases down the front of our jeans 🤣
Tbh I had actually packed a ruksak of unsuitable clothes from the UK including a very smart floral shoulder padded dress worthy of a princess Di photoshoot.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
This reminds me of when my aunt would stay with us and wanted to help with chores. She would iron creases down the front of my jeans. As a teenager in the 90s this was not the look I wanted!

ETA - @Shawads snap!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Of course the website resurrected from a backup in 2018 isn't going to let people subscribe now. Why would Jack direct people there when it's as fucked up as it is? 😂
Would be asking some serious questions of the crack team who were drafted in to resolve this.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Incase any other Frau und Herr are plagued by the huge side banners that hide half the post, I found zooming out via View to cure it but it does make the text smaller. I'm going to end up changing my glasses prescription at this rate and my only explanation to the (lady) optician will be "because I'm a mithering ninny"

OT ish: I'm the same age as Jack and in my early 20s I dressed Monsoon adjacent (People Tree, darling). I have no idea why I did this, I looked very frumpy indeed I think for me it was total lack of confidence in what I looked like. Thankfully I did not migrate into double denim territory.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Catching up from last night, but going back to the sideboard weightlifting, is it possible she had the box upside down and it was actually 36kg not 93kg? That would sound entirely more likely.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Glad her followers and Jack are so pleased with a website where you can't sign up and none of the links work.

I'm having a bit of a lull at work at the moment #freelancelife, so I read a bunch of her recipes yesterday. This will come as news to no one here, but it truly is astounding that she managed to forge a career in recipe writing. They are all so bad. Every single one of them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Catching up from last night, but going back to the sideboard weightlifting, is it possible she had the box upside down and it was actually 36kg not 93kg? That would sound entirely more likely.
I remember triangulating the item in question at the time. I think that's exactly what had happened. It was 36 kg. Can't be bothered to find evidence, so let's just agree it's speculation.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.