Jack Monroe #236 You absolute whelksplat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a Lancashire person that now lives in Yorkshire we don't eat mince pies and cheese, we have Christmas cake with a wedge of Wensleydale (or for me sometimes Lancashire).

I would never eat a mince pie and cheese toastie
Well said. Liverpool might be independent from the Red Rose shire these days but it’s xmas cake (without the icing FYI) and a crumbly white cheese like Stilton, Wensleydale or even Cheshire. And we invented a tit pudding called
wet Nelly

• Haha
Reactions: 34
The more I think about it the more I feel for anyone that has to endure the food.

I used to know a little old lady who kept food indefinitely and then give it to you. It was meant kindly but truthfully I always made my excuses about having eaten and said I would take it home. It was binned before I got home. She is a lovely lady and she meant it all kindly but I didn't want food poisoning.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Came to say the same thing. Now she’s a Joni fan? She can duck right off. Not to go full Emma Thompson In Love Actually but Joni Mitchell's music changed me for the better and I don't want Novax Jackovic anywhere near it.
Please tell me someone has said Novax Jackovic for a thread title??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
She got 68k in a kickstarter!? 😲🥺

I said it last week, but honestly, I don’t think I can take much more of this. I wish she hadn’t got into my head like she has. The lies, grifting and attention seeking is making me sick.

Also, I read the wiki part about the kitten and I (don’t like cats btw) am incandescent with rage. 3 vets gave her advice and she threw a strop and said she wanted referred to Fitzgeralds - probably thinking her appearance on his programme would boost his profile.

I’m sorry, I keep raking over old ground, but how the fluff has this been allowed to go on?
Oh bless you for your awakening xxxx
£68k for the book.
At least £10k (almost certainly more) for the Hellman's shitshow.
At least £1k a month for the Patreon (most likely 3 times that)
An ex-fiance who earned over £250k a year when they were together and Jack was screaming poverty.
The list is endless.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
If she got paid twice for the same book, and at least one of those times was to the tune of 68k, why didn't she just buy a house?

I do not understand what she has done with all of that money?
Spunking it on tat and ❄
Edit: and 🥸 memberships

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Am still shook up by the recent disregard to food safety, a bit late for a thread suggestion but...

Food poisoning roulette, do you feel lucky?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Oh bless you for your awakening xxxx
£68k for the book.
At least £10k (almost certainly more) for the Hellman's shitshow.
At least £1k a month for the Patreon (most likely 3 times that)
An ex-fiance who earned over £250k a year when they were together and Jack was screaming poverty.
The list is endless.
Plus any royalties and advances from books, the Hopkins lawsuit money, BBC appearances (probably around £5-10k), the Netflix collab to make sticky brown poo, money from affiliate links etc from cookingojabootstrap.

Can’t afford butter though.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I always appreciate your take on AA stuff (& @TurnedUpInTipp's, @LennyBriscoe's, although I know our favourite detective is taking a well-deserved break from the thread). Honestly it's great to have Frauen here who have worked the programme and turned their lives around, if anyone vulnerable is reading this you guys always have practical things to say, which is a million miles from Jack's dangerous claptrap.
Happy New Year to the best Grifter Hunters in the world!

Thank you for your lovely words @colouredlines, I miss you guys 😔. On reading HTRIA’s post I sense that at best things are just as bad or at worse, worse. It was AA/Recovery Jack that tipped me over the edge tbh - it exposed to me how much the programme can be manipulated to suit someone’s own needs and she’s a charlatan when it comes to boiling pasta so it’s awful to see her with access to vulnerable people.

With the instances of tweets being recovered from the past on a few subjects here, I’ve found myself on a couple of new threads. I’m sure if there was anything from Jack’s past of a bigoted nature it would’ve been uncovered by now! On one of the threads they mentioned the Twitter way back archive thing and I was like “aha!! I’ve heard of that!”

Hope you guys have all had a good Christmas and new year ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
I can hear my neighbour softly softly playing Landslide. I know Jack won’t have moved in as it’s a lowly flat but it’s still creeped me out a bit!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Didn't she say most of the £68k went on postage (for books that mysteriously never arrived after vanishing into the black hole that is the Southend postal service)? Then asked overseas backers to pay additional postage, two years after they should have had their books!

When you add to that the numerous "I'm lugging suitcases full of books to the post office 17 times a day in the pouring rain with two broken legs and a prolapsed anus, I HOPE THOSE OF YOU COMPLAINING ARE PROUD OF YOURSELVES" posts, I'm still astonished she got away with the whole thing.

Is this also the source of her saying she can’t use Southend post office? As if there’s only one!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Plus any royalties and advances from books, the Hopkins lawsuit money, BBC appearances (probably around £5-10k), the Netflix collab to make sticky brown poo, money from affiliate links etc from cookingojabootstrap.

Can’t afford butter though.
I’ve been absolutely seething every single day since discovering this thread. Honestly, I’ve had a face like thunder for a week.
I want to keep swearing!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.