Jack Monroe #235 Goggleslop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes and don't forget the recipe for a Yule log which was made out of an Asda Swiss roll. Or the shortbread recipe which was made from Walker's shortbread.
And tomato soup, made from tomato 🍅 soup
too slow pixie boots beat me too it

• Haha
Reactions: 23
sorry if this is really silly, but is this honestly from her book? Has she shared this?
Sadly it is all too real. First reference in screenshots here - https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-140-this-is-not-what-linda-would-have-wanted.14330/page-40

Screenshot_20210125-184334_Twitter.jpg

(Screenshot via @Marmalade Atkins, reference to her book being out in December 2021)

And this is where she proudly shared the book extract with blue ticker Sarah Phelps - https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-163-not-saying-anything-new.16832/page-36#post-4256902

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
So what do we think? Is Jack more silent than she's been in ages because of twitter critiqueing her terrible advice, her family/friends calling her out, or AA getting touch to tell her that she's not The One Universal Source Of Truth?

I love seeing more people realize her nonsense. They're so irked already without realizing they've barely scraped away the top layer of the excrement she spews so wantonly.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
So what do we think? Is Jack more silent than she's been in ages because of twitter critiqueing her terrible advice, her family/friends calling her out, or AA getting touch to tell her that she's not The One Universal Source Of Truth?

I love seeing more people realize her nonsense. They're so irked already without realizing they've barely scraped away the top layer of the excrement she spews so wantonly.
Nah. After being up for over a week, she's likely to be on an extended Dino Nap.

Either that or now the Patreon payment has gone in, she's busy in Primark.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I honestly think she started out well meaning but then after getting caught up in the life of the elite during her early ( very minor) sleb days she refuses to go back to an ordinary lifestyle, despite not having the means of upkeeping such a life.

I do think it must be a kick in the gut to go from so much to so little in such a short space of time, but her MH would b so much better if she just accepted her new lifestyle and worked at making it comfortable.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
me too - we have been waiting for SO LONG 😭 didn’t we also get a preview of the intro which referenced us sad hausfraus or have i imagined that?
This rings a distant bell, but she may have repurposed the book intro into her Diva article.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I honestly think she started out well meaning but then after getting caught up in the life of the elite during her early ( very minor) sleb days she refuses to go back to an ordinary lifestyle, despite not having the means of upkeeping such a life.

I do think it must be a kick in the gut to go from so much to so little in such a short space of time, but her MH would b so much better if she just accepted her new lifestyle and worked at making it comfortable.
Trouble is, she thinks she deserves the high life.

Forever chasing the shadow of the fabled lilac Mercedes....

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Does remind me of the opposite of this sentiment:

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.