Jack Monroe #235 Goggleslop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think she had a friend either she's too bitter about her school life to have had a friend to share it with.
She had a friend, they were handcuffed together. I nearly fell over from laughing

• Haha
Reactions: 21
With every comment, every thread, it gets worse. I continually spend time thinking ‘who on earth is paying her wages? ’ Why is this allowed to continue?
Bold quote for next thread title 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
With every comment, every thread, it gets worse. I continually spend time thinking ‘who on earth is paying her wages? Why is this allowed to continue?’
Since you seem fairly new to Jack's body of work, please see a mock up of her new book (screenshot courtesy of @Silver Linings), in which she helpfully suggests hoarding tumble dryer fluff and human hair for .... reasons.

Screenshot 2022-01-03 at 12.16.18.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Just wanted to offload that I’ve read about half of thread 31.
A cake. She made a cake with mayonnaise.
Mayonnaise cake is a thing. My mum got a recipe for it off Blue Peter in the 80s. It horrifies people until they taste it, although I suspect Jack's version continues to horrify afterwards too.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Mayonnaise cake is a thing. My mum got a recipe for it off Blue Peter in the 80s. It horrifies people until they taste it, although I suspect Jack's version continues to horrify afterwards too.
It's well-loved in the USA but of course, their recipes are decent ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
me too - we have been waiting for SO LONG 😭 didn’t we also get a preview of the intro which referenced us sad hausfraus or have i imagined that?
If we don’t get a credit for the burglary in the next book I’ll be FUMING.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
She was only 15 so I'll give her a pass but saying voluntarily handcuffing yourself to a bestie for 5 days puts you into the shoes of conjoined twins is actually pretty shallow and offensive, in my opinion. I'm disabled by M.E. and if someone said spending 5 days at home on the sofa in their pjs put them in my shoes, I'd pop off about it.
Same, ME is in no way comparable to that. You have my sympathy, I’ve had ME/CFS since 2016 and it’s a horrible illness.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Since you seem fairly new to Jack's body of work, please see a mock up of her new book (screenshot courtesy of @Silver Linings), in which she helpfully suggests hoarding tumble dryer fluff and human hair for .... reasons.

View attachment 960412
I’ve just read this on a fairly busy train. Between the small, blurry print and the content, I think someone’s on the phone to emergency services because I swear I look like I’m having a stroke.
Every line raised my eyebrows higher and higher.
the itemised list of what she was wearing in a cold, drafty, but very beautiful room is literally unbelievable.
Darning socks and making tassles for scarves with hairbrush hair has helped my diet because I literally will not eat a bite for days now without thinking about this.

sorry if this is really silly, but is this honestly from her book? Has she shared this? I’m furious. Absolutely furious that this is allowed to go on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
She really has taken her lying to new heights hasn't she? Mercifully the only grifting is the Patreon that was set up before we arrived on the scene. In my more thoughtful moments I do wonder if all of us being here has been a deterrent and maybe stopped her from doing another Kickstarter.

I hope so 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Page 23 contained instructions for dehydrating your own poo. The resulting poo bricks will nourish a Victorian hotbed to grow pineapples in. The instructions to make the hot bed are on page 24.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Thankfully there has been no mention of the book since early summer. It’s not listed for pre- order on Amazon, the Christmas release period as gone.
The book is an ex-book (it left).

Cook books usually coincide with tv series or lots of tv appearances so I expect the 10 cook books she is working on the back burner are also defunct.

patreon as generous as it is, isn’t enough for her lifestyle either so something has to happen soon. At the start of lockdown she mentioned all the income she lost from tv appearances and events, is she booked for anything this year?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Any prospective employer would do well to read her 'body of work' first.
Can we get a laugh vomit react for these threads? I honestly couldn’t decide between the two.

Speaking of job hunting, I’ve been looking for a bit of a career change and when I browsed my local job ads I found they’re looking for trainee fire control room operators. I could be the new Jack! Of course the salary is only £22k for a pleb like me, but I suppose I could cut down on the lip fillers…

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.