Jack Monroe #234 A Grifty Kind of Self-Love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok. Which one of you lot of anonymous venom has broken in to her garage to steal the ring binders with the print offs of the threads?
I hope whoever it was didn’t pick up the 6 ring binders full of Katie Twatkins hatefan tweets by mistake!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I’m no cookery writer, but I feel that writing down recipes and sticking them in a box in your garage is maybe not the most efficient way to get a book written? Shouldn’t she be writing them on an ancient Nokia phone?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I can’t believe how many boxes of possessions she has/had!
We’re in a reasonable sized Victorian terraced house and probably had about that amount of boxes for our whole house.
how can someone so poor be so rich in material things but still not think she needs insurance.
Cabal: I’ve been active on this thread for less than 24hrs and I’ve already been implicated in a robbery she’s already having an impact on my mental health already (I’m actually exhausted with her already). How the chuff do you lot do it?! I take my hat off to you.
1. Completely bleeping desensitised to it all now. When it’s the 5th iteration of “my life is over and I am destroyed/send cattos look at my new selfie” you get past it.
2. Cable of sad haus fraus and bullying ninnies are actually lovely and hilarious
3. Songs. See also chairs, gloves,
4. Waiting for it to go viral, can’t leave

Welcome new Frauen und Herren, if you wish to do so please let us know your “lightbulb” moment you realised Jack was not a small pixie but a very gritfty grown up. You may like to read the wiki, and if you wish to do so count the number of chairs you own, teeth in your head or check if the light is back in your eyes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
Why would burglars wants crappy old pans. Don't they want goods they can at least sell on.
She is implying that SOMEONE is trying to prevent her from cooking. My wings wonga is on SB.
bleeping 🥕
Gonna put 🥕 in Jacks garage and hope it gets nicked.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
'Fictitious versions' when it's just two things Jack has said side by side that show she's a big fat liar. Sure babes, sure.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
1. Completely bleeping desensitised to it all now. When it’s the 5th iteration of “my life is over and I am destroyed/send cattos look at my new selfie” you get past it.
2. Cable of sad haus fraus and bullying ninnies are actually lovely and hilarious

Welcome new Frauen und Herren, if you wish to do so please let us know your “lightbulb” moment you realised Jack was not a small pixie but a very gritfty grown up. You may like to read the wiki, and if you wish to do so count the number of chairs you own, teeth in your head or check if the light is back in your eyes.
This! Particularly the first point. When everything that has happened to her is life altering you have to wonder what she considers life altering.
I was joking around with my (depressed) brother yesterday about a trip to a German discount supermarket being the highlight of his day and he said “pleasure is everywhere I suppose” and that made me think of Jack who refuses to look for any joy or light in the dark and what a caricature she is of anyone going through anything.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45

thank you. I think I’ve always been fairly nonplussed by her, thought I’d prefer to eat prison slop than any of her meals, found her sanctimonious, but no actual lightbulb moment.
have read her wiki page on here and HOWLED at the list of things she’s promised to do but not yet found time to complete. All I can say is whoever trampled on her unpublished recipes deserves a pride of Britain award.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Ok. Which one of you lot of anonymous venom has broken in to her garage to steal the ring binders with the print offs of the threads?
Oh god, have I got to drag out the microscope and violin meme again?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
My beloved had a brief stint in an insurance call centre many moons ago and reckons claims under £1500 are usually paid out as investigating isn't cost effective, but are used to upsell you extra insurance. If as someone speculated up thread she made enough claims to up her insurance quotes it must have been for a fair amount.

Mind you he got a royal rollicking for advising an elderly and distressed lady to ring back and word her claim differently so it went through

• Heart
Reactions: 33
New thread ⬇⬇

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.