Jack Monroe #234 A Grifty Kind of Self-Love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t believe this whole eye-blinking week to be honest. Two hair changes, eyeshadow selfies in the same clothes but released across days, the pathetic letdown larder attempt.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I take no joy in her obvious misery but she never does anything to help herself which makes it hard to have any sympathy for her either.

I’m not going to speculate on whether she was or wasn’t burgled for the second time in 3 months but surely even Jack cannot deny that after the first burglary there are things that she could have done to help if it happened again.

Contents insurance being the foremost one. My contents insurance is £4.62 a month with a £100 excess. I listed the things over a certain value and nothing else so it’s not like you have to do a massive stock take of everything you own.

She could stop posting pictures of her inside locks, contact her landlord and ask if they can be changed and she will front the cost

A ring doorbell type thing or security camera would be affordable for her, even if she claims otherwise. They may provide a bit of peace of mind for her.

Lastly and not a tip for security but when my gran was burgled (sp?) I remember her being very shaken up and not feeling safe in that house for a while. She wasn’t so fussed about the stuff they took… funny that. Maybe cos she had insurance?
If she has been burgled again she has my sympathy. I wondered after the first burglary and not being insured because it was a hung up from being poor, how many previous insurance claims she may have actually made.
By her own admittance she’s always loosing stuff, maybe she made one claim too many and it’s become very expensive for her to get insurance.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I think the kitten is OK and the vets was a vaccination thing.

The way she is about Cooper and the way she has been about this new addition makes me think that if anything serious happened with Mini, we would have seen the devastating impact in terms of her Twitter output and even she wouldn’t have been able to twit around with this make up stuff.

She has been really upsetting lately but the cats are her world.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Who called Jack a national treasure? A regular squiggle or someone of influence? I enjoyed that summary by the Twitter user but it should be directed at a newspaper or someone with influence.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
my vote is the burglary didn't happen.

unable to vote on the much more crucial box-dye question until i see a pic that was taken by anyone else.

Reactions: 25
Who called Jack a national treasure? A regular squiggle or someone of influence? I enjoyed that summary by the Twitter user but it should be directed at a newspaper or someone with influence.
David Keenan, a writer with a self-penned, Lord of The Rings length wiki, who I imagine will back Jack to the hilt. No use appealing to him, I'm afraid. This is his weird nostalgia tweets account.

• Haha
  • Sad
I have no reason not to believe she did the hair herself, she doesn't have much of it at the moment. A bleach and a toner is all it takes, plus she has done it many, many times before. The more shocking part is - didn't she make a song and dance vowing to no longer colour her hair and embrace her natural colouring and greys? And how she uses nothing but water on it? Sigh!

Reactions: 28
Her mum was always posting away in the local FB group, nothing there about break-ins. Smashed in or damaged cars tho.

• Wow
Reactions: 32
I have no reason not to believe she did the hair herself, she doesn't have much of it at the moment. A bleach and a toner is all it takes, plus she has done it many, many times before. The more shocking part is - didn't she make a song and dance vowing to no longer colour her hair and embrace her natural colouring and greys. Sigh!
Just a thought ; had anyone seen Sali Hughes and Jackie in the same room?

• Haha
  • Sick

Sorry, sorry do excuse me.
I'm a little lost....I was looking for the murky corner of the internet. Might anyone point me in the right direction?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I don't normally revel in Jack's misfortune but I would be mendacious if I said I'm not hooting for the sole reason that it's obviously such a colossal LIE. A whacking great Quality Street-faced lie. How awful that her unpublished recipes have been destroyed, both for her publisher expecting a new slop manual and the world at large, deprived of her coolinary talents.

And yes, I have joked about going to her house to steal Christmas decs and leaving a dictionary or medals carved out of butter on her doorstep but firstly I'm not completely unhinged and secondly haven't even cared enough to triangulate her house despite her hurling veritable batches of Hovis in our general direction.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I’m in the didn’t happen camp too - Le Creuset pans weigh a ton - who’s going to lug those off?
Actually, a 200mm Le Creuset pan weighs 2.47 Kg. Round here, the going rate for scrap iron is £60 a tonne, so they're going to be worth a grand total of 14p each. And if (DEAD) Grandpa's milk pan is anything to go by, they were rusty as well. I can't think of any reason at all why someone would take them.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
hang on a minute, I am sure she has previously claimed her le cruset came from a charity shop, not her grandad.
You called?

Dear heart @ThriftStoreLeCreuset is a testament
Haha, just catching up and saw I had been summoned. I'd like to confirm that yes, I did come from a "thrift store," not grandad landlord, and that I was not stolen by a Tattler. I have been rehomed with nicer owners and am full of textured, well-flavoured food in a nice, uncluttered kitchen. I am enjoying my new life.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
I think the kitten is OK and the vets was a vaccination thing.

The way she is about Cooper and the way she has been about this new addition makes me think that if anything serious happened with Mini, we would have seen the devastating impact in terms of her Twitter output and even she wouldn’t have been able to twit around with this make up stuff.

She has been really upsetting lately but the cats are her world.
She’s been suspiciously quiet about the bunny though 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.